• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So do You Play Rempe Game 2?

52 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yup. I can't find it now, but Rupp did an interview somewhat recently talking about "Rempemania" and how his presence makes guys feel two inches taller. That's real, even if you can't measure it with a boxcar.

I feel 2 inches just watching! 

wait....are we talking about the same thing here?

• LMFAO 1
  • JIMMY! 1

3 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

I want Rempe on the bench just in case Carolina goes after our players if they fall behind in the third.  And you need Rempe if the rangers fall behind and want to start shit.  

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

Rempe is the Ranger's backbone at this point.  It's what they've been missing the last couple of years except from Trouba. 

Trouba wasn't even that effective because he didn't scare people and he wasn't a punishing fighter because he wasn't looking for fights.

When you're in a street fight you want to know you got heavy hitters with you.

Everybody else on the team is getting the benefit of knowing Rempe is right there and ready to go.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Yup. I can't find it now, but Rupp did an interview somewhat recently talking about "Rempemania" and how his presence makes guys feel two inches taller. That's real, even if you can't measure it with a boxcar.

Totally prevented Svech from taking out Igor's leg, but hey, Rempe taking up space on the bench really scares Carolina.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

Rempe is the Ranger's backbone at this point.  It's what they've been missing the last couple of years except from Trouba. 

Trouba wasn't even that effective because he didn't scare people and he wasn't a punishing fighter because he wasn't looking for fights.

When you're in a street fight you want to know you got heavy hitters with you.

Everybody else on the team is getting the benefit of knowing Rempe is right there and ready to go.

Man really lost me here.  I can name more than a handful if not every other starter as being more valuable with the exception of a few. 

Appears he's playing so I hope he proves to be of some value tonight.  I don't think he'll fill the role of backbone over say Igor/Tro/Zib/Kreider/Panarin/Laf/Fox/Schnieder/Cullye/Vesey/Goodrow/Lindgren/Roslovic/Weenberg guys that actually play.  No mention of the invisible Kakko here.  As pointed out how did the backbone prevent Igor getting crowded/tripped whatever?  Who paid that tab? Was somebody peppered with insults from the bench? Christ the ankle biter ADA has yet to STFU or in this case been made to.

Again I think there maybe a time and place for the guy and he certainly is entertaining in a different situation.  I don't value the talking shit while being stapled to the bench. Who on the canes is going to fight him. 

Most importantly get the win tonight regardless of who's in the lineup playing and who's laughing and talking shit.

Rempe played in 17 regular season games and now 6 playoff games for 23 total games.  Don't care how many minutes he has played or points he has scored.  The Rangers are 20-2-1 in games he has played including 6 straight wins to start the playoffs. 

If you think their record with him in the line up is an anomaly or simply a coincidence, you haven't been watching OR don't want to admit that the OTHER PLAYERS respond to his presence in the line up and they play more physical and just better all around. And, players on other teams are constantly on alert when he hits the ice, which could get them out of their normal game. This are simply facts your eyes should be telling you by watching the games and your ears should be telling when anyone and everyone associated with Rangers talks about the kid. To want to sit the kid to bring in Chytil who hasn't played in months or Brodzinski is just foolishness IMO. 

In addition, wanting to mess with a line up that is on a roll in the playoffs is also one of the dumbest ideas I can think of.    

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

9 minutes ago, delneggs said:

Rempe played in 17 regular season games and now 6 playoff games for 23 total games.  Don't care how many minutes he has played or points he has scored.  The Rangers are 20-2-1 in games he has played including 6 straight wins to start the playoffs. 

If you think their record with him in the line up is an anomaly or simply a coincidence, you haven't been watching OR don't want to admit that the OTHER PLAYERS respond to his presence in the line up and they play more physical and just better all around. And, players on other teams are constantly on alert when he hits the ice, which could get them out of their normal game. This are simply facts your eyes should be telling you by watching the games and your ears should be telling when anyone and everyone associated with Rangers talks about the kid. To want to sit the kid to bring in Chytil who hasn't played in months or Brodzinski is just foolishness IMO. 

In addition, wanting to mess with a line up that is on a roll in the playoffs is also one of the dumbest ideas I can think of.    

They've won over 60 games now.  More than half their loses came in the Dec-Jan slump where they were a .500 team.  They got out of that slump without Rempe.  No one is looking over their shoulder when Rempe plays 5 minutes in a 90 minute game.

2 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

They've won over 60 games now.  More than half their loses came in the Dec-Jan slump where they were a .500 team.  They got out of that slump without Rempe.  No one is looking over their shoulder when Rempe plays 5 minutes in a 90 minute game.

Yeah, can't agree.  

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

What are you talking about?   The other teams 4th liners are looking over their shoulder when he’s on the ice for his 4 minutes! 

Edited by Vodka Drunkenski

58 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Totally prevented Svech from taking out Igor's leg, but hey, Rempe taking up space on the bench really scares Carolina.

Two inches taller ≠ "deterrent," which isn't an argument I support. "Enforcers," or whatever you want to call Rempe, exist to exact revenge, not prevent bad things from happening. And no matter how many times this argument is mischaracterized, the fact remains that the players — the guys actually on the ice — routinely talk about how they feel better/stronger/bolder/whatever when they've got the big bad on their side.

• Like 2
  • Bullseye 1

26 minutes ago, Phil said:

Two inches taller ≠ "deterrent," which isn't an argument I support. "Enforcers," or whatever you want to call Rempe, exist to exact revenge, not prevent bad things from happening. And no matter how many times this argument is mischaracterized, the fact remains that the players — the guys actually on the ice — routinely talk about how they feel better/stronger/bolder/whatever when they've got the big bad on their side.

How does one exact revenge from the bench?  Again, they don't need a big bad against Carolina.  No one is scared of ADA.  They need speed and players that can help sustain ozone pressure.  They need to saved the big bad for the ECF opponent and not have him suspended for trying to collect a pound of flesh in this series.

15 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

How does one exact revenge from the bench?  Again, they don't need a big bad against Carolina.  No one is scared of ADA.  They need speed and players that can help sustain ozone pressure.  They need to saved the big bad for the ECF opponent and not have him suspended for trying to collect a pound of flesh in this series.

How in the world did they get up 2-0 in the series?  

Posted (edited)

People who are saying they don't care about how many minutes he plays really should be. 

Because our best players are soaking up those extra minutes, and it will make a difference in rounds three and four. 

Tired players make mistakes, and tired players get hurt.

The main debate is not whether or not Rempe should play. The main debate is that you can't dress a guy and play him for 4 minutes, no matter who he is, or what role he serves, and have that be sustainable over the course of the entire playoffs. 

Edited by Pete
  • Keeps it 100 1

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

People who are saying they don't care about how many minutes he plays really should be. 

Because our best players are soaking up those extra minutes, and it will make a difference in rounds three and four. 

The main debate is not whether or not Rempe should play. The main debate is that you can't dress a guy and play him for 4 minutes, no matter who he is, or what role he serves, and have that be sustainable over the course of the entire playoffs. 

Is it?  Tell Rod that because he is playing basically 9 forwards a night against the Rangers.  And he scratched the coke head to dress that meathead Comtois because Rempe isn't in their heads. 

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

Let's see how many games the series is going.  If it's 4 the Rangers will have time to rest after.

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

Nope. Not until this team starts playing more games. So far, they're a perfect six with just one overtime game. There is no tax. They're arguably the most well-rested team in the playoffs.

14 minutes ago, delneggs said:

Is it?  Tell Rod that because he is playing basically 9 forwards a night against the Rangers.  And he scratched the coke head to dress that meathead Comtois because Rempe isn't in their heads. 

I don't care about Carolina. If they want to do the same dumb shit, that doesn't make it a good idea. 

How did Vegas win last year? They had four lines and three defense pairs that they rolled. They won with depth. 

Comtois dressed because Kuznetsov took a stupid high sticking penalty that the Rangers scored on which eventually wound up being the game winner. 

None of them care about Rempe because they know the NHL is neutering him. Which is another conversation entirely. 

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Nope. Not until this team starts playing more games. So far, they're a perfect six with just one overtime game. There is no tax. They're arguably the most well-rested team in the playoffs.

Yes, so they should undo all of that by dressing 11 forwards. Makes perfect sense. 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yes, so they should undo all of that by dressing 11 forwards. Makes perfect sense. 

Carolina dressed nine. Wonder if their fans are demanding to play their fourth-liners more, too? Doubt it.

Just now, Phil said:

Carolina dressed nine. Wonder if their fans are demanding to play their fourth-liners more, too? Doubt it.

Are these the same fans that everybody here has been ragging on for being hockey stupid? 

One more time for the people in the back, I don't care if Carolina does dumb shit. I care if my team does. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Are these the same fans that everybody here has been ragging on for being hockey stupid? 

One more time for the people in the back, I don't care if Carolina does dumb shit. I care if my team does. 

Forget the fans. Ask the coach. Rod's considered one of the best in the game. You think he's getting pressure, or feeling pressured, not to rely on his best players in must-win games out of fear of them getting tired?

The fear of mortgaging your future is irrelevant. The playoffs are a war of attrition in which you fight the battle directly in front of you. There's very little you can do other than that to game plan for games ahead of the ones directly in front of you.

38 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

What are you talking about?   The other teams 4th liners are looking over their shoulder when he’s on the ice for his 4 minutes! 

I agree with you Vodka! Whoever said no one is looking over their back when a guy plays 5 minutes in a 90 minute game? Well let’s see here …. Remember the Flyers game over a month ago ? IGOR makes the save he’s trapped the puck holding it down on the ice while 2 flyers players converged for what looked to be a quick swipe at IGORS glove, Rempe was on the ice at that time began to skate towards IGOR the 2 flyers players immediately skated away, wanting no part of Rempe. How about the NJ devil player Rempe knocked out cause he was too tall ?? Was that devil player also not looking over his shoulder during the game? Or what about the Toronto player he knocked into the boards and the guy had to leave the game… he wasn’t looking either I guess huu? Or what about the Washington capitals player during the playoffs Van reimsdyke who got destroyed by Rempe and left the game? He wasn’t looking over his shoulder either was he? Ya know you’re absolutely right dude, the goalie is supposed to warn his teammate who could see Rempe coming and yell get the fuck out of there! So tell me when do players not look over there shoulder when Rempes playing only 5 minutes In a 90 minute game??  The guy is big, tall and tough.. even Ken Daneyko said it during a Rangers-Devils game… Rempe has been one of the reasons for the Rangers success…. I’m not saying he’s a savior player but he adds a dimension to this hockey team we have not seen in years. He’s a nightmare to other teams and they fucking know it. Rangers players know he’s there Incase the shit gets nasty out there. The 21 year old kid stood toe to toe with Reaves who happens to be the # 1 enforcer in the NHL for the last 10 years and even Reaves himself said that kid is going to be a terror in the NHL for years to come. Also you can’t move the guy out of the crease when he’s in front of the net. I have not seen one do it yet. And believe me then opposing teams are looking over their back when he’s in their crease! Actually they are looking up at his back cause he’s 7 feet tall! HA! Go get em REMPE!!

REMPE!!!

REMPE!!

REMPE!!
And LGR!!!!

16 minutes ago, RangersLEETCH said:

I agree with you Vodka! Whoever said no one is looking over their back when a guy plays 5 minutes in a 90 minute game? Well let’s see here …. Remember the Flyers game over a month ago ? IGOR makes the save he’s trapped the puck holding it down on the ice while 2 flyers players converged for what looked to be a quick swipe at IGORS glove, Rempe was on the ice at that time began to skate towards IGOR the 2 flyers players immediately skated away, wanting no part of Rempe. How about the NJ devil player Rempe knocked out cause he was too tall ?? Was that devil player also not looking over his shoulder during the game? Or what about the Toronto player he knocked into the boards and the guy had to leave the game… he wasn’t looking either I guess huu? Or what about the Washington capitals player during the playoffs Van reimsdyke who got destroyed by Rempe and left the game? He wasn’t looking over his shoulder either was he? Ya know you’re absolutely right dude, the goalie is supposed to warn his teammate who could see Rempe coming and yell get the fuck out of there! So tell me when do players not look over there shoulder when Rempes playing only 5 minutes In a 90 minute game??  The guy is big, tall and tough.. even Ken Daneyko said it during a Rangers-Devils game… Rempe has been one of the reasons for the Rangers success…. I’m not saying he’s a savior player but he adds a dimension to this hockey team we have not seen in years. He’s a nightmare to other teams and they fucking know it. Rangers players know he’s there Incase the shit gets nasty out there. The 21 year old kid stood toe to toe with Reaves who happens to be the # 1 enforcer in the NHL for the last 10 years and even Reaves himself said that kid is going to be a terror in the NHL for years to come. Also you can’t move the guy out of the crease when he’s in front of the net. I have not seen one do it yet. And believe me then opposing teams are looking over their back when he’s in their crease! Actually they are looking up at his back cause he’s 7 feet tall! HA! Go get em REMPE!!

REMPE!!!

REMPE!!

REMPE!!
And LGR!!!!

No offense but I began reading this and early on realized I couldn’t keep track and then stopped.

• LMFAO 2
  • Applause 1

24 minutes ago, RangersLEETCH said:

REMPE!!!

REMPE!!

REMPE!!
And LGR!!!!

What does any of this have to do with the Canes?  The Canes are fast and apply heavy pressure.  This is why Rempe gets stapled to the bench after 5 shifts.  Rempes game doesn't suit this opponent.  The ECF matchup is where he'll be effective. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I don't care about Carolina. If they want to do the same dumb shit, that doesn't make it a good idea. 

How did Vegas win last year? They had four lines and three defense pairs that they rolled. They won with depth. 

Comtois dressed because Kuznetsov took a stupid high sticking penalty that the Rangers scored on which eventually wound up being the game winner. 

None of them care about Rempe because they know the NHL is neutering him. Which is another conversation entirely. 

Yeah right, Comtois willingness to drop the gloves had nothing to do with that decision. LOL.  And how much time did the Rangers have to rest after sweeping Washington?  The answer is plenty.  And if they can manage to knock out the Canes in 4 or 5 games they will get more rest between series, so your overworked player argument is absurd.  The only focus should be on winning and doing it as fast as possible, so changing a line up that is on a roll is counter productive to that goal.