• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#62) Rangers v. Florida Panthers — I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch

1 minute ago, ausman said:

Lost on that soft goal.  Igor’s got some ‘splainin’ to do.

Not sure how many times it has to be said…puck deflected…not much he could do…Trouba was soft on the coverage and then provided a nice deflection.

• Cheers 1

Just now, jsm7302 said:

If I have to see Fox with his lazy skating back to our zone one more time.....HE HAS NO EFFORT SOMETIMES AND IT KILLS ME.

I’m not even going to say it, because last time I did, I got drilled for it for some reason. But yeah. This. Love the guy. Absolute stud. But the effort level sometimes really stinks.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Other than the lack of hitting in the 3rd, I thought it was more Florida being able to clamp down than the Rangers la di da ing things.  The one time they got the puck into the Panther zone they had good pressure and just couldn’t net it.

The "My Pillow guy puts the nail in the coffin. Now if only he could nail down that election fraud evidence he's been promising everyone for 3 years. 

Oh. Not the same guy? 

You sure? 

1 minute ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

One replay showed it redirect off Trouba’s leg. 

It did…and contrary to popular belief, goalies don’t save deflections…they get hit by them.  Unless the deflection is slowed down so much the goalie can react, but not usually…which is why I keep saying the Rangers need to go to the Kreider deflection as PP1…no other team can stop it and no goalie can stop it….

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

It was a good test. We can definitely skate with them. Next time we meet, rosters will look different. Definitely don’t feel like they’re in a different, unbeatable stratosphere from us.

They play a relentless style.  We one either took the 3rd off or two got schooled. Neither a good look on this night.  We'll see who much they can add that will change the mindset/style in this kind of game.

Look - they went toe to toe with their biggest rival for the EC today, and they both held their own, and then got handed a lesson about how hard you have to work to close out a playoff game against a great team - or to claw back into it.

Take the L. It's fine. We'll have some new faces on Saturday, and in two weeks when we see them again. Take the lesson that the Panthers gave you today, though, and shove it in their cat assholes in May.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 2

2 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

One replay showed it redirect off Trouba’s leg. 

Yeah, but it had nothing on it.  It surprised him no doubt.  But I think he’d tell you he had enough time to adjust, see it and stop it.

Just now, NYRangers93 said:

But what Joe said during the broadcast, it was like a 40 foot shot. Plenty of time to adjust of a deflection

LOL…you don’t adjust to a deflection!  it hits you if you’re lucky.  And, it deflected so little that I don’t think Shesty even knew if deflected at first…

1 minute ago, LindG1000 said:

Look - they went toe to toe with their biggest rival in the EC today, and they both held their own, and then got handed a lesson about how hard you have to work to close out a playoff game against a great team - or to claw back into it.

Take the L. It's fine. We'll have some new faces on Saturday, and in two weeks when we see them again. Take the lesson that the Panthers gave you today, though, and shove it in their cat assholes in May.

This.

Just now, ausman said:

Yeah, but it had nothing on it.  It surprised him no doubt.  But I think he’d tell you he had enough time to adjust, see it and stop it.

Uh…no…you don’t adjust to a deflection…it hits you if you’re lucky, unless it is really slowed down, which that one wasn’t…

Just now, Pistol Pete said:

LOL…you don’t adjust to a deflection!  it hits you if you’re lucky.  And, it deflected so little that I don’t think Shesty even knew if deflected at first…

So you can't adjust to one, but it barely moved, which in theory would make it....more likely to be stopped because a puck that moves less is more likely to hit you if you're in position?

Playing against two playoff teams in a row and they came up short both time. They did not play good enough to win. It is what it is, not being able to take the next step does not give much faith in this team down the road. Good night everyone…..

Just now, LindG1000 said:

So you can't adjust to one, but it barely moved, which in theory would make it....more likely to be stopped because a puck that moves less is more likely to hit you if you're in position?

Apparently not even if it was a dying quail from about 40 out after it hit Trouba. Now Vally saying Igor's not gonna be happy about that one, as well as saying Panarin wasn't good.

4 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

NYR should watch the FLA defensive tape on how to play a third period with a lead. 

Florida has been working on it for almost two years now. It didn't start clicking for them until about halfway through last season.

That was the hope for this team with Lavi coming in. Hasn't happened.