• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#62) Rangers v. Florida Panthers — I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch

Just now, Ozzy said:

I remember when he used to plow into goalies.

or skate in, shoot and score. or score on one of the 7 break aways he would have in games. he does none of that anymore. he still has the speed just not the mental capacity to be effective.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I remember when he used to plow into goalies.

I bet Mr. Price remembers too.    You know, that could have been the beginning of his slide.  Yes, that's it Ozzy.    He bumped into someone and has felt bad ever since.

What a waste of speed and size.

• LOL 1

His 80 hits are less than Tyler Pitlick and the guy everyone says is "soft", K Miller, among many others.

Cullye has 200 hits.

Over the last 10 years, his hits, blocks, TKA per 60 have all steadily dropped. i understand the Rangers possess the puck more, and he's now scoring much more, but there's no reason some of these other stats should be sacrificed because of an increase in goals.

https://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?aggregate=0&report=realtime&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20132014&seasonTo=20232024&gameType=2&playerSearch=Chris Kreider&playerPlayedFor=franchise.10&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=hitsPer60&page=0&pageSize=50

Edited by Pete
  • Bullseye 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Well, when you say you aren't worried about his playoff performances, yet you continually express concern about Panarin, Zib, Fox, etc., it's important to realize that Krieder's performance is quite directly impacted by those players. So if they don't perform, Krieder isn't giving you anything.

It's not a situation where you can say Krieder will get his cookies even if no one else is. Because that's not the case. I don't know why you're bringing up other guys. This is about Kreider. All his goals were from being in front of the net, that's his job. That's not Tank's job, or Zib's job, or Fox's job. Kreider got his goals because everyone else was doing their job. And when they didn't...Krieder didn't do anything. Go back to game 7. Zero shots. -4.

If it were that easy, you’d think Panarin and Zibanejad getting pucks from Fox and Kane and Tarasenko could have pitched in last year too.

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

If it were that easy, you’d think Panarin and Zibanejad getting pucks from Fox and Kane and Tarasenko could have pitched in last year too.

OK.

But we're discussing Kreider. Can you list off some things that he does outside of his contributions on the power play in front of the net?

How is he impacting play otherwise?

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

OK.

But we're discussing Kreider. Can you list off some things that he does outside of his contributions on the power play in front of the net?

How is he impacting play otherwise?

Best hugs in the NHL! 

• JIMMY! 1

7 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

He has 16 goals and 25 points in 27 playoff games the last two years. He has easily been their best and most consistent playoff forward in that span. Outside of Shesterkin, and maybe/probably Fox, their best playoff player. He's the last player on the roster I'm worried about in the playoffs.

Didn't he have 5 goals in the first 2 games against the Devils last postseason? Then absolutely zippo. 

Kreider is most definitely not a guy I think of as a playoff performer. He plays insanely soft and really needs to up his physical play in the post season.  Earlier days, when he ran goalies and was a savage infront, would be a nice addition to the lineup this spring. 

We've only been waiting 10 years for him to put the whole thing together.  

If they get bounced in round 1, he's the 1st to go in my book. 

• Keeps it 100 1

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Didn't he have 5 goals in the first 2 games against the Devils last postseason? Then absolutely zippo. 

Kreider is most definitely not a guy I think of as a playoff performer. He plays insanely soft and really needs to up his physical play in the post season.  Earlier days, when he ran goalies and was a savage infront, would be a nice addition to the lineup this spring. 

We've only been waiting 10 years for him to put the whole thing together.  

If they get bounced in round 1, he's the 1st to go in my book. 

Bored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN

Yeah, he’d be the first to go because he’s the best piece without full trade protection. It’d be a waving of the white flag like when they traded Stepan for futures. Not because it’d make the team better.

Edited by BrooksBurner

21 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Yeah, he’d be the first to go because he’s the best piece without full trade protection. It’d be a waving of the white flag like when they traded Stepan for futures. Not because it’d make the team better.

You're 💯 right. 

If you're trading him you're rebuilding, and he's going to give you the most attractive package. You probably don't even have to retain on him the way you would if you shipped out the other vets. 

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

You're 💯 right. 

If you're trading him you're rebuilding, and he's going to give you the most attractive package. You probably don't even have to retain on him the way you would if you shipped out the other vets. 

It’s not happening this summer anyway. They can get swept 4-0 first round and Drury isn’t going to pull the plug on Lavi with the roster like that after one season.

It’d probably be ineffective players going first, with a reconfiguration around the sameish roster for one more year.

Edited by BrooksBurner

If they get swept in the first round, they're making significant changes. Goodrow is probably cannon fodder regardless (favorable buyout), but a flame out like that would probably bring Panarin, Zibanejad, and Kreider to the front of the line for culture change.

• VINNY! 1

8 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

It’s not happening this summer anyway. They can get swept 4-0 first round and Drury isn’t going to pull the plug on Lavi with the roster like that after one season.

It’d probably be ineffective players going first, with a reconfiguration around the sameish roster for one more year.

Possibly, that's one way to look at it.

The other would be that Drury has now seen this roster fail with two different coaches for two different reasons and they are the only constant.

Something's got to give. 

• Bullseye 1
  • VINNY! 1

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

If they get swept in the first round, they're making significant changes. Goodrow is probably cannon fodder regardless (favorable buyout), but a flame out like that would probably bring Panarin, Zibanejad, and Kreider to the front of the line for culture change.

I see them keeping Zib (too early in his contract with too many trade restrictions) and Trouba (captain).

Obviously Fox would stay and probably Lafreniere, Cullye, and Trocheck. I see almost everyone else being available, including Shesterkin. 

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Well, yeah.

Kinda.

That and he's the longest tenured loser on the team. 

They'd take a hit in production,  but maybe gain something in grit, effort and mentality. He's so fucking ho-hum and emotionless in games,  it's depressing. No wonder Zibanejad is stuck in mopey Zibby mode. He's around this boring SOB all the time. 

Edited by The Dude
  • Bullseye 1

35 minutes ago, Phil said:

Goodrow is probably gone regardless, but that’s not a big change.

I don’t think Drury hires a guy like Lavi just to rip out anyone too significant after his first year. You might see them turn over one or two of the mid range guys, like Lindgren, Kakko, and/or Miller, which is a decently sized change but not groundbreaking.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Well, yeah.

Kinda.

That and he's the longest tenured loser on the team. 

They'd take a hit in production,  but maybe gain something in grit, effort and mentality. He's so fucking ho-hum and emotionless in games,  it's depressing. No wonder Zibanejad is stuck in mopey Zibby mode. He's around this boring SOB all the time. 

https://records.nhl.com/records/playoff-skater-records/facing-elimination/skater-most-goals-facing-elimination-career

Find Kreider. Seems he just hasn’t had enough help.

9 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Find Kreider on cup winners. 

Find Kreider on 3 disappointing Ranger playoff collapses (Torts, Av, GG). 

Find Kreider on how many coaches fired. 

He's been here the longest . He's won nothing. That makes him the longest tenured loser. 

Joe Thornton is probably tops in so many of these obscure stat categories. Guess what? Loser. 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I see them keeping Zib (too early in his contract with too many trade restrictions) and Trouba (captain).

Obviously Fox would stay and probably Lafreniere, Cullye, and Trocheck. I see almost everyone else being available, including Shesterkin. 

Yup, probably.

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Pete said:

I don't think the Rangers are going to trade Shesterkin.  I think they're going to extend him on the most team-friendly contract possible.  I'm guessing $8.5/9M a year for 7 years.

2 minutes ago, Br4d said:

I don't think the Rangers are going to trade Shesterkin.  I think they're going to extend him on the most team-friendly contract possible.  I'm guessing $8.5/9M a year for 7 years.

Depends on his playoffs. He's shown that his struggles can be long and deep, and I don't really see that as a team-friendly deal.

28 minutes ago, Pete said:

Depends on his playoffs. He's shown that his struggles can be long and deep, and I don't really see that as a team-friendly deal.

Cap is expanding again.  It's pretty team-friendly if Igor continues to be a top 5 goalie.  It's a great deal if he returns to the best of the best status.

6 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Cap is expanding again.  It's pretty team-friendly if Igor continues to be a top 5 goalie.  It's a great deal if he returns to the best of the best status.

He hasn't been a top 20 goalie this season, let alone top 5 (PS I didn't look up the numbers, but they aren't pretty).

Unless Panarin completely lays another egg in the playoffs I can't see them moving one of the best players in the game. Imo he would be really far down the list. I can't imagine how shitty our offensive numbers would be this season without him.

• Like 1