• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#62) Rangers v. Florida Panthers — I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Agreed. Drury doesn't need to go crazy at the deadline this year as he has the last couple. I hope he knows that. lol

Too bad to lose, but shit happens and they're playing a good team. They didn't make a ton of mistakes, but the ones they did make, went in. That's how it goes sometimes. Igor was due for a clunker. Better now against these guys than in May.

Yea. I don't even think Igor was bad outside the game winner. 

That Florida team can be had.  What I saw last night was Florida getting every break, bounce and call in the world.  If that's the best they've got, we can beat them in a 7 game series.  Albeit, we may have to oust another team first...

As far as toughness and "in your face" hockey, I really think we've turned a corner.  This Rangers team is going to be feared when they step on the ice for Game 1.

We're getting there!

• Keeps it 100 1

22 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yea. I don't even think Igor was bad outside the game winner. 

Just now, Ozzy said:

That Florida team can be had.  What I saw last night was Florida getting every break, bounce and call in the world.  If that's the best they've got, we can beat them in a 7 game series.  Albeit, we may have to oust another team first...

As far as toughness and "in your face" hockey, I really think we've turned a corner.  This Rangers team is going to be feared when they step on the ice for Game 1.

We're getting there!

They played very well against an elite team.

Coin flip kind of game.

Igor let’s in a softy late and they lose.

Really no big deal

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

As I said last night. we went toe-to-toe with them the whole way. Barkov had the assist of the goddamn season to break through for the first goal. When they got the winning bounce, they showed us how to work to defend a lead and close a game. All credit goes to the Panthers for that third period - that was a masterclass in how to win a one-goal game.

There's not much of a gap here right now. And if I were Chris Drury or Bill Zito, I'm feeling pretty good after that one. Make the moves and lock horns again in two weeks. 

• Believe 1

I forget who said it, I think Vally, but they've proven they can hang with the Panthers. They just haven't proven they can beat them yet, but last night was very encouraging. In a seven-game series, I like their chances.

• Cheers 1

I'm not going to get on Igor.  I mean, I'm fucking with him because it's entertaining in the GDT, but he's been really, really good of late and I feel he's back where he needs to be.  The one thing that I would love to see us get sorted out is a lot easier breakout, or clearing the puck out of the zone.

Last night was Ok; We didn't get pinned like we did in Toronto.

But yeah, no flies on Igor.  It was probably the softest goal I've ever seen him allow, but like it was said a few times.  It's a regular season game, and not a Game 7.

• Like 1

The thing with Igor is not that he gave up a bad goal. It happens to the best. I can let it go. I think it was a bad goal but whatever. 

my issue with Igor is that he has been so inconsistent this season. I’m not comfortable

with him in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

This loss hurt.    I'm not sure I see this game the same way as most of you regarding the positives.   I felt the ice was tilted significantly towards the Panthers most of the night.  The failures to clear the zone, the constant turnovers in both zones, and the attempts to make the fancy - perfect pass just seem to compound the obvious.  The Cats are a better team right now, and they are motivated to get back to the Cup, and Win it.   Yes, we can play better.  Yes, we can beat them.   But, not if we play like last night.

The Kreider chart:  1 goal, 3 shots, 1 hit and a -1.     Eye test ratings:  1. Carrying puck in traffic; fail.   2.  Back Checking; fail.    3. Avoiding Turnovers; fail.   4. Toughness, Hustle and Grit; fail.        Overall Eye Test Rating:  Soft to Poinyetta.    4 out of 5 on Gina Meter

Now we wait five days for the Blues to end.

JJ

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 3

10 minutes ago, JJ in VA said:

This loss hurt.    I'm not sure I see this game the same way as most of you regarding the positives.   I felt the ice was tilted significantly towards the Panthers most of the night.  The failures to clear the zone, the constant turnovers in both zones, and the attempts to make the fancy - perfect pass just seem to compound the obvious.  The Cats are a better team right now, and they are motivated to get back to the Cup, and Win it.   Yes, we can play better.  Yes, we can beat them.   But, not if we play like last night.

The Kreider chart:  1 goal, 3 shots, 1 hit and a -1.     Eye test ratings:  1. Carrying puck in traffic; fail.   2.  Back Checking; fail.    3. Avoiding Turnovers; fail.   4. Toughness, Hustle and Grit; fail.        Overall Eye Test Rating:  Soft to Poinyetta.    4 out of 5 on Gina Meter

JJ

Almost spit my coffee out 

7 minutes ago, JJ in VA said:

JJ

I'm usually the first to jump all over Kreider, JJ.  He was never a guy to carry the puck in traffic though.  He usually takes passes with no one in front of him and charges up the ice, most times on odd-man rushes...or of course stands in front of the net for deflections and rebounds.

I'm not gonna kill him for last night though;  he scored a pretty nice goal on a really slim-ass angle to tie it up on the PP.

I get frustrated with his seeming "lack of effort" and ability to disappear for games on end, but we've all seen this act before....many times.  The thing is this...I see a guy who's now 32 years old, and has been here and done this for quite a number of years.

I think we're going to see Kreider come up big in the playoffs this year.  Really BIG!  He knows all the how's and when's to get the job done, and I really feel when the playoffs start, the mission begins.

39 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'm usually the first to jump all over Kreider, JJ.  He was never a guy to carry the puck in traffic though.  He usually takes passes with no one in front of him and charges up the ice, most times on odd-man rushes...or of course stands in front of the net for deflections and rebounds.

I'm not gonna kill him for last night though;  he scored a pretty nice goal on a really slim-ass angle to tie it up on the PP.

I get frustrated with his seeming "lack of effort" and ability to disappear for games on end, but we've all seen this act before....many times.  The thing is this...I see a guy who's now 32 years old, and has been here and done this for quite a number of years.

I think we're going to see Kreider come up big in the playoffs this year.  Really BIG!  He knows all the how's and when's to get the job done, and I really feel when the playoffs start, the mission begins.

He has 16 goals and 25 points in 27 playoff games the last two years. He has easily been their best and most consistent playoff forward in that span. Outside of Shesterkin, and maybe/probably Fox, their best playoff player. He's the last player on the roster I'm worried about in the playoffs.

• Keeps it 100 2

1 hour ago, Phil said:

I forget who said it, I think Vally, but they've proven they can hang with the Panthers. They just haven't proven they can beat them yet, but last night was very encouraging. In a seven-game series, I like their chances.

Last night was an unlucky loss to go with a bunch of lucky wins this season.

No reason to believe the Rangers can't hang with anybody this season if the bounces go our way.

• Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1

12 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

He has 16 goals and 25 points in 27 playoff games the last two years. He has easily been their best and most consistent playoff forward in that span. Outside of Shesterkin, and maybe/probably Fox, their best playoff player. He's the last player on the roster I'm worried about in the playoffs.

You see where I'm coming from...  😃

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Kreider certainly has a history of that starting when he came up in the playoffs for his first start.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

The problem is that these stats are a byproduct of everyone else being on top of their game.

Simply put, he's not the guy who drags you into the fight. If everything else isn't going, neither is he, and he isn't going to put the team on his back to get there. He's a passenger.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

The problem is that these stats are a byproduct of everyone else being on top of their game.

Simply put, he's not the guy who drags you into the fight. If everything else isn't going, neither is he, and he isn't going to put the team on his back to get there. He's a passenger.

Explain last year. Kreider had 6 goals and 9 points in the 7 games. Panarin and Zib were no shows.

22 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Explain last year. Kreider had 6 goals and 9 points in the 7 games. Panarin and Zib were no shows.

Do I really need to? Not being a dick, but you know the answer. He stood there on the PP. And Pananrin and Zib weren't no-shows in the games CK scored. He scored because of Zib, Fox, and Kane mostly.

Game 1 (W): 2 PP goals, Fox 2 apples, Panarin and Kane the others...No apples for CK

Game 2 (W): 2 PP goals, Kane 2 apples, Fox and Zib the others...No apples for CK
Game 3 (L): Kreider...From Zib and Kane, no apples for CK
Game 4 (L): Yay, CK finally gets an apple! Tro cleaned up a rebound.

Game 5 (L): Rangers shut out. Kreider -2, records 1 SOG
Game 6 (W): Kreider PP from Zib and Fox. 2 apples, one on a nice pass to the slot (yay!) for Zib and the other to Tarasenko on a goal from 30ft out that probably shouldn't go in, but let's give that to him.

Game 7 (L): Elimination game! Team worst -4 with not a shot on goal.

So 1 out of 7 games you can say that he had a strong performance. I think if you watched game 6 you'd see it was more the Devils being really bad in their zone.

And Game 7 he was an utter disaster.

If you take the other top players off their game, you don't even need to look in Kreider's direction. He will offer nothing.

Edited by Pete
  • Bullseye 1

37 minutes ago, Pete said:

Do I really need to? Not being a dick, but you know the answer. He stood there on the PP. And Pananrin and Zib weren't no-shows in the games CK scored. He scored because of Zib, Fox, and Kane mostly.

Game 1 (W): 2 PP goals, Fox 2 apples, Panarin and Kane the others...No apples for CK

Game 2 (W): 2 PP goals, Kane 2 apples, Fox and Zib the others...No apples for CK
Game 3 (L): Kreider...From Zib and Kane, no apples for CK
Game 4 (L): Yay, CK finally gets an apple! Tro cleaned up a rebound.

Game 5 (L): Rangers shut out. Kreider -2, records 1 SOG
Game 6 (W): Kreider PP from Zib and Fox. 2 apples, one on a nice pass to the slot (yay!) for Zib and the other to Tarasenko on a goal from 30ft out that probably shouldn't go in, but let's give that to him.

Game 7 (L): Elimination game! Team worst -4 with not a shot on goal.

So 1 out of 7 games you can say that he had a strong performance. I think if you watched game 6 you'd see it was more the Devils being really bad in their zone.

And Game 7 he was an utter disaster.

If you take the other top players off their game, you don't even need to look in Kreider's direction. He will offer nothing.

How many assists do any of those guys have without Kreider?

Holy hoop jumping batman. What a terrific example of the lengths you'll go to discredit what he does. It's hard to even take it seriously.

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

How many assists do any of those guys have without Kreider?

Holy hoop jumping batman. What a terrific example of the lengths you'll go to discredit what he does. It's hard to even take it seriously.

I can say the same thing about the bolded, can't I?

You're being reductive, and dismissive, and I think you know that.

Look, the point I made (which stands and is supported by evidence, that I logged) is that when the big guns get shut down Krieder is invisible. I don't see how that can even be disputed. He is not a play driver. He's not going to take the puck and get you a goal on his own, or create a chance for anyone else.

When the other big guns disappeared, so did Kreider.

Edited by Pete

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

I can say the same thing about the bolded, can't I?

You're being reductive, and dismissive, and I think you know that.

Look, the point I made (which stands and is supported by evidence, that I logged) is that when the big guns get shut down Krieder is invisible. I don't see how that can even be disputed. He is not a play driver. He's not going to take the puck and get you a goal on his own, or create a chance for anyone else.

When the other big guns disappeared, so did Kreider.

So what? We know he’s a complimentary player. It’s just funny you think his playoff performance the last 2 years can be written off because he was passed the puck in a team sport. If it were that easy, you’d think Panarin and Zibanejad getting pucks from Fox and Kane and Tarasenko could have pitched in last year too.

Edited by BrooksBurner

32 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

So what? We know he’s a complimentary player. It’s just funny you think his playoff performance the last 2 years can be written off because he was passed the puck in a team sport. If it were that easy, you’d think Panarin and Zibanejad getting pucks from Fox and Kane and Tarasenko could have pitched in last year too.

Well, when you say you aren't worried about his playoff performances, yet you continually express concern about Panarin, Zib, Fox, etc., it's important to realize that Krieder's performance is quite directly impacted by those players. So if they don't perform, Krieder isn't giving you anything.

It's not a situation where you can say Krieder will get his cookies even if no one else is. Because that's not the case. I don't know why you're bringing up other guys. This is about Kreider. All his goals were from being in front of the net, that's his job. That's not Tank's job, or Zib's job, or Fox's job. Kreider got his goals because everyone else was doing their job. And when they didn't...Krieder didn't do anything. Go back to game 7. Zero shots. -4.

Edited by Pete

For a minute, forget the stats.  It's the attitude, the body language and the lack of heart.   Watch the other players react when he comes to the bench after another TO or poor play.  I've seen it in the eyes of Zib, Vinnie, Johnny B and Jimmy V.    You can see it.  He's skating (pun...maybe) and his teammates know it.   

Get on a line with CK and its the equivalent of a death sentence.

He's a One Trick Pony and a full-fledged Poinyetta !    

7 minutes ago, JJ in VA said:

For a minute, forget the stats.  It's the attitude, the body language and the lack of heart.   Watch the other players react when he comes to the bench after another TO or poor play.  I've seen it in the eyes of Zib, Vinnie, Johnny B and Jimmy V.    You can see it.  He's skating (pun...maybe) and his teammates know it.   

Get on a line with CK and its the equivalent of a death sentence.

He's a One Trick Pony and a full-fledged Poinyetta !    

I don't even know if it's that deep.

If he's not screening the goalie and tipping pucks in, or at the side of the net deflecting them in, what else is he doing to positively impact the game? 

Nothing. 

He's the best there is at what he does, but he only does one thing. It's simply not acceptable for a 6'3 230 lb player with his kind of speed to not be a physical factor. 

Edited by Pete
  • Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1