• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign Jonathan Quick to 1-Year/$1.275M Extension

Good move that was very expected. Quick clearly still has hockey left in him. And at this stage, all that matters is finishing here and hopefully winning one here with his childhood team all while playing and living at home. I’m sure the details will be very similar, if not identical, to what his deal was this year. Regardless, one less potential item on the off-season to-do list is now crossed off. Not that I believe it was ever going to get there. Good for Quick and good for Drury for getting this done now.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Like 1
  • 'Merica! 1
  • Applause 4
  • Keeps it 100 1

• RichieNextel305 changed the title to Rangers, Jonathan Quick Agree to 1 Year Contract Extension
  • Phil changed the title to Rangers Re-Sign Jonathan Quick to 1-Year/$1.275M Extension

$1.275m for 1 year for a back up that can give them 25+/- quality starts a year is a good deal for the Rangers. Clearly Quickie works well with Benny and Igor, so this is a no brainer in my opinion.  

20 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

The contract isn’t bad, but it’s just a luxury the Rangers couldn’t afford. That’ll be evident in the summer.

It'll be accomodated by the Goodrow buyout.

• Bullseye 1

1 minute ago, jsm7302 said:

It'll be accomodated by the Goodrow buyout.

I think so too. I view this as admittance by Drury that he has a cap plan which allows him to spend an extra $450k on a backup goalie. Probably Goodrow. Possibly another big cap target (Trouba, Kreider) gone (less likely).

52 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

The contract isn’t bad, but it’s just a luxury the Rangers couldn’t afford. That’ll be evident in the summer.

This summer is not where our cap issues will be. It’s the summer after when both lafreniere and miller are due new deals that will be over 4m raises each on their current deals. 

14 minutes ago, Valriera said:

This summer is not where our cap issues will be. It’s the summer after when both lafreniere and miller are due new deals that will be over 4m raises each on their current deals. 

That's a matter of perspective. They should have enough to essentially field the same team, that is true. I hope for better than that.

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

That's a matter of perspective. They should have enough to essentially field the same team, that is true. I hope for better than that.

I do too, but that situation is far far better than the following summers situation where they will not have enough to keep lafreniere and miller on the roster without other moves.

4 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I think so too. I view this as admittance by Drury that he has a cap plan which allows him to spend an extra $450k on a backup goalie. Probably Goodrow. Possibly another big cap target (Trouba, Kreider) gone (less likely).

To me more like Chytil is gone with his 4.4 mil/year