• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign Jonathan Quick to 1-Year/$1.275M Extension

20 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

The contract isn’t bad, but it’s just a luxury the Rangers couldn’t afford. That’ll be evident in the summer.

Then bite the bullet and cut out the high-priced fat, not the high-performing veterans who are proving their worth. $1.275M for a backup this good is absolutely more than OK. If you can't afford it because you're paying bloat tax, cut the bloat, not the backup.

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Then bite the bullet and cut out the high-priced fat, not the high-performing veterans who are proving their worth. $1.275M for a backup this good is absolutely more than OK. If you can't afford it because you're paying bloat tax, cut the bloat, not the backup.

It's a $400,000 raise, they can afford it. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

It's a $400,000 raise, they can afford it. 

I agree. But if the argument is they can't, then the reason for that isn't because he's too expensive, it's because they overspent elsewhere (Trouba, Goodrow).

I'm sure Drury has a plan for this off season.  This signing is good.  Quick earned this extra year, hands down.  I don't think we're going to find a backup like him anywhere out there for this kinda coin.

I'm all in for squeezing out one more year of Quick.

• Cheers 1