• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hulking Adam Edstrom, Matt Rempe Having Big Rangers Effect

Phil

The Brodzinski risk is can he hold up in the playoffs and perform in the playoffs.  He isn’t battle tested.  If he can continue his recent play it’s a big bonus for the Rangers.  Unfortunately nobody knows what kind of playoff performer he is and if he can keep this up.  Hopefully he does and shuts everyone up.  

22 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

The Brodzinski risk is can he hold up in the playoffs and perform in the playoffs.  He isn’t battle tested.  If he can continue his recent play it’s a big bonus for the Rangers.  Unfortunately nobody knows what kind of playoff performer he is and if he can keep this up.  Hopefully he does and shuts everyone up.  

Yhats a terrible reason not to play a guy. Let’s sit Cuylle too then. 

• Applause 1

4 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Every player isn’t “Battle tested” until such time as they are.

It has to start somewhere for all of them.

• Applause 1

10 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Are they showcasing Rempe to trade him at the deadline? I don't wanna. I want this kid. 

They trade Rempe, and I think the fan base will barbecue Drury's nuts in Jimmy's sauce!

• Applause 1

A week ago you couldn't have thrown him in.

But honestly, this is just a nice story for the Rangers. On the NHL stage I don't think anyone else is noticing. Would be awesome if I'm wrong about that though. He's a great story. 

I think it shows a lot to see these guys stepping into bottom 6 roles and playing so well. Cuylle, edstrom, now Rempe. I was literally complaining about depth at the beginning of this season.

good on you Drury. Toughness, depth, energy. I see what you’re doing now and I like it. 

• Like 1
  • TroCheckmark 1

51 minutes ago, Pete said:

But honestly, this is just a nice story for the Rangers. On the NHL stage I don't think anyone else is noticing. Would be awesome if I'm wrong about that though. He's a great story. 

I hope it keeps going, love his energy

1 hour ago, Pete said:

He's been in fights right off the bat twice in 4 games.  People are noticing him.

Seems Rempe is still growing too.  2 games ago, they said he was 6'7".  Last game they said he was 6'8".  Today, on the Sirius broadcast (Philly announcers) they said he was 6'8.5"

Hell, by the end of the season, he'll be 10 feet tall.

Edited by VegasRanger
  • LMFAO 3
  • Cheers 1
  • Believe 2

3 minutes ago, VegasRanger said:

Seems Rempe is still growing too.  2 games ago, they said he was 6'7".  Last game they said he was 6'8".  Today, on the Sirius broadcast (Philly announcers) they said he was 6'8.5"

Hell, by the end of the season, he'll be 10 feet tall.

At this rate he might lead the league in penalty minutes by the end of the year

• LMFAO 1

The kid played just over 5 mins and managed to smack around one of the toughest goons in the league, get two hits and score the game winning goal.  I think after the way he handed Martin and now Deslauriers, other cement heads around the league are going to think twice before getting in his crosshairs. That can only open up some ice for our skill guys, and that's why they need to keep him with the club and dressing every game.  Sit Edstrom before Rempe.  Ideally play them both but if its a choice, Rempe needs to dress.    

• Keeps it 100 1

5 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

A couple of his games have been on national television, and they've given him plenty of kudos already. He's been discussed on podcasts, plenty of folks have noticed already.

Pete doesnt listen to podcasts