• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hulking Adam Edstrom, Matt Rempe Having Big Rangers Effect

Phil

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

It's been a slow progression for him, but it was always going to be that way.

Considering we're paying 3.6 million for our fourth line center, I would have preferred to keep Barron lol. 

lol Facts, also considering how much he dropped off, it's even worse.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Just more excellent hockey where you are so surprised to find it. Forecheck, back check, a millimeter from a goal, +1, hits, huge energy, and a giant shit eating grin all game. 

He’s going to destroy bodies 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

He’s going to destroy bodies 

It's tough enough to face a guy like that in the regular season. Different animal altogether facing it every game in a grueling playoff series. I feel like Rempe will get targeted with a cheap shot at some point to be honest. Jumping high elbow. High stick. Whatever.

Edited by BrooksBurner

30 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

It's tough enough to face a guy like that in the regular season. Different animal altogether facing it every game in a grueling playoff series. I feel like Rempe will get targeted with a cheap shot at some point to be honest. Jumping high elbow. High stick. Whatever.

If he’s going to have an impact on a series, then sure. 

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

He seemed to be even more motivated last night to show he’s not just a one trick pony. How could he not after they chose to keep him in the lineup post deadline?

He actually seemed to walk back from a couple of possible fights.  If so the kid is learning and is even more valuable.

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

He’s not a good skater though. Enough jump north/south but I have some concern with him getting stuck on the ice playing faster, shiftier players.

On the other hand I have been impressed with his enormous reach with his stick and how he has been using that to his advantage.

11 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

He’s not a good skater though. Enough jump north/south but I have some concern with him getting stuck on the ice playing faster, shiftier players.

Yeah..looks like a giraffe on skates. But as long as he’s effective 

44 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

Yeah..looks like a giraffe on skates. But as long as he’s effective 

The thing that has been impressing me is the fear he seems to instill in opponents when they are in their own defensive zone.  I have seen more that a few rushed passes or clearance attempts with mistakes that seemed like a direct result of opponents not wanting to get hit.

"I am a threat.  I alter outcomes"

spacer.png

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

He has pretty good balance for a guy his size.  The steal last night was a totally in control balance moment that looked awkward as hell but was 100% effective.

17 minutes ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

The thing that has been impressing me is the fear he seems to instill in opponents when they are in their own defensive zone.  I have seen more that a few rushed passes or clearance attempts with mistakes that seemed like a direct result of opponents not wanting to get hit.

"I am a threat.  I alter outcomes"

spacer.png

For sure. Its interesting to see how the league adjusts to him. Last night the blues defensemen were running scared.  
The kid took the league by storm 

1 hour ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

Rempe's run reminds me of Jeremy Lin ("Linsanity") with the Knicks a few years ago.

That's the most common comparison, yeah. Except Lin was scoring at a high clip, whereas Avery was more of a culture change.

"An unsportsmanlike conduct minor penalty will be interpreted and applied, effective immediately, to a situation when an offensive player positions himself facing the opposition goaltender and engages in actions such as waving his arms or stick in front of the goaltender's face, for the purpose of improperly interfering with and/or distracting the goaltender as opposed to positioning himself to try to make a play," Colin Campbell, the NHL director of hockey operations, said in a statement.

1 hour ago, torontonyr said:

That's the most common comparison, yeah. Except Lin was scoring at a high clip, whereas Avery was more of a culture change.

• Bullseye 1

49 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

"An unsportsmanlike conduct minor penalty will be interpreted and applied, effective immediately, to a situation when an offensive player positions himself facing the opposition goaltender and engages in actions such as waving his arms or stick in front of the goaltender's face, for the purpose of improperly interfering with and/or distracting the goaltender as opposed to positioning himself to try to make a play," Colin Campbell, the NHL director of hockey operations, said in a statement.

This is going to be really hard to police when people are routinely creating contact with Rempe and trying to turn him or move him out of the slot area.

I'm guessing that if there is contact happening the penalty cannot be called.  Rempe is going to have to be all by himself in front of the goalie, probably giving him a noogie, before this gets called.

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

This is going to be really hard to police when people are routinely creating contact with Rempe and trying to turn him or move him out of the slot area.

I'm guessing that if there is contact happening the penalty cannot be called.  Rempe is going to have to be all by himself in front of the goalie, probably giving him a noogie, before this gets called.

???

Dude..  It's the Avery rule.