• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hulking Adam Edstrom, Matt Rempe Having Big Rangers Effect

Phil

3 hours ago, Scott said:

Agreed. 

-  he's only been around for 10 games scoring twice. Although his .2 goals per game is higher than Kakko's .175, so he does have that going for him I guess

- he helped replace 2 useless old farts who stunk from the roster

-he's very tall and cheap, he's also being completely overshadowed by the  Rempe show

- but I don't see how he doesn't become a spare part going into the playoffs after the trade deadline barring injuries

- future Black Ace, then see what next year brings if he isn't moved in a deal

- big TBD as far as what he may or maynot bring down the road for now imo

If they make moves Edstrom needs to go not Rempe IMO. Rempe hits, goes to the net without the puck etc. all in all I like the line as it is though. Seems to be working

• Applause 1

18 minutes ago, Dem said:

If they make moves Edstrom needs to go not Rempe IMO. Rempe hits, goes to the net without the puck etc. all in all I like the line as it is though. Seems to be working

So IF they get a 1RW and 3C who do you think they would take out of the line-up. Assuming no roster players are shipped out in this scenario? Brodzinski I can see as one.

1 minute ago, Scott said:

So IF they get a 1RW and 3C who do you think they would take out of the line-up. Assuming no roster players are shipped out in this scenario? Brodzinski I can see as one.

Brodz for sure should go before these two. Different role n assuming 3C is acquired. Bottom line I don't see anyone on the team sliding to the fourth line and be successful w the role they play. 

3 minutes ago, Dem said:

Brodz for sure should go before these two. Different role n assuming 3C is acquired. Bottom line I don't see anyone on the team sliding to the fourth line and be successful w the role they play. 

After thought I can see Vessey sliding down and fitting

Guys, stay on topic and discuss the actual discussion, leaving the discussion about users out of it. This shouldn't even need to be said to any user here but here we are. 

LGR

25 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Guys, stay on topic and discuss the actual discussion, leaving the discussion about users out of it. This shouldn't even need to be said to any user here but here we are. 

LGR

I'm lost Keirik. Were my posts inappropriate? 

Too bad Edstrom won't be a Ranger after Friday, but both of these guys have done pretty well for themselves. I liked the comments from Reaves, too. Rempe is really making a name for himself in the short time he's been in the league. I think a lot of folks really would like to see a return to form of fighting in this league. I think the NHL has tried hard to get rid of, or severely limit its occurance.

I really don't want to trade Edstrom.  I think he has some good potential to be a solid 3rd or 4th line center at some point.  His board play is very good, and he can cover a ton of ground with those huge strides.

35 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Too bad Edstrom won't be a Ranger after Friday, but both of these guys have done pretty well for themselves. I liked the comments from Reaves, too. Rempe is really making a name for himself in the short time he's been in the league. I think a lot of folks really would like to see a return to form of fighting in this league. I think the NHL has tried hard to get rid of, or severely limit its occurance.

“Won’t be a ranger” is a misnomer. I think at worst he comes back next season and at best will play some games going forward.

1 minute ago, siddious said:

“Won’t be a ranger” is a misnomer. I think at worst he comes back next season and at best will play some games going forward.

I don't really want him traded either, but you need to give to get, and if they bring Vatrano back or something, he may likely be a part of that kind of deal is all. I would like for him to stay and be a solid part of the bottom six in the future. He and Rempe could be fun.

Just now, Ozzy said:

At least we know Rempe ain't goin' no place!

If Drury trades Rempe, he'd have to enter himself into the Witness Protection Program!  😃

I love how Rempe is basically this cult hero now after he was in the league for a week. Good stuff,  and a fun little story whether you're someone who likes the Rangers or not.

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I don't really want him traded either, but you need to give to get, and if they bring Vatrano back or something, he may likely be a part of that kind of deal is all. I would like for him to stay and be a solid part of the bottom six in the future. He and Rempe could be fun.

I would rather never win a cup again than trade Rempe! 

jk but I would def hate losing him. I hope he’s not being asked about

Just now, siddious said:

I would rather never win a cup again than trade Rempe! 

jk but I would def hate losing him. I hope he’s not being asked about

I doubt it, but maybe. I don't think he's going anywhere, though. I just meant if the Rangers are going to get a Wennberg or especially Vatrano, I would almost expect someone like Edstrom to be a part of the package. Just don't be surprised if he is, is all I was saying.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I love how Rempe is basically this cult hero now after he was in the league for a week. Good stuff,  and a fun little story whether you're someone who likes the Rangers or not.

Just like Linsanity 

If you look at Drury's body of work, I have serious doubts that he's trading either of those guys.

He seems to be of the mind that they want to keep the players they put effort into developing. The only prospect he's ever traded is Morgan Barron b 

Weren't some people kind of freaking when Barron was traded? I liked the kid, and he's done a good job for Winnipeg, but I wasn't heartbroken about it. lol Yes, overall, I think he makes a concerted effort to keep his own guys.

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Weren't some people kind of freaking when Barron was traded? I liked the kid, and he's done a good job for Winnipeg, but I wasn't heartbroken about it. lol Yes, overall, I think he makes a concerted effort to keep his own guys.

It's been a slow progression for him, but it was always going to be that way.

Considering we're paying 3.6 million for our fourth line center, I would have preferred to keep Barron lol.