• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ducks' Frank Vatrano and Adam Henrique on Rangers Radar

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Cool. I was wrong once before too. 

Let go of Kakko. It's not going to happen here. It's going to take a first to get Vatrano in any capacity. Is Kakko going to net a 1st in trade? The answer is no. 

So, if you wouldn't trade Miller for Zegras, and the equivalent of a 1st rounder for a retained Vatrano.... What exactly are you willing to trade? 

Once?!

Chris Pratt Marvel GIF

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Conditional 1st (Cup Final) and Robertson for Vatrano. Just do it already.

No... No.

Just no...

The hottest girl at the dance was a seven. That doesn't mean you pay to take home the three. 

• LMFAO 1

7 hours ago, Phil said:

I don't think you're too far off but the prospect could be a multitude of options and id say most likely the ECF would be the conditional to move the second to a first for Anaheim to bite.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Phil said:

I think if that were what it took, it would be done already.

And after the Guentzel/NYR rumors, I think Verbeek knows Drury is desperate. This isn’t going to be an easy deal to make.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Keeps it 100 1

11 hours ago, The Dude said:

Cool. I was wrong once before too. 

Let go of Kakko. It's not going to happen here. It's going to take a first to get Vatrano in any capacity. Is Kakko going to net a 1st in trade? The answer is no. 

So, if you wouldn't trade Miller for Zegras, and the equivalent of a 1st rounder for a retained Vatrano.... What exactly are you willing to trade? 

Personally, I think Zegras has a lot of maturing to do. I’m definitely not trading for him gearing up for a playoff run. Also, I’m not a believer in subtracting “Key” pieces from a roster at this stage of the season.  I’m extremely hesitant to give up on Miller but definitely not now. 

i also don’t love Vatrano all that much but if we have to trade a high pick for him so be it. I feel like he’s the old Dubinsky. Putting up points only because there’s no better options like @Dunnymentioned earlier.

Edited by Kevin

3 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Personally, I think Zegras has a lot of maturing to do. I’m definitely not trading for him gearing up for a playoff run. Also, I’m not a believer in subtracting “Key” pieces from a roster at this stage of the season.  I’m extremely hesitant to give up on Miller but definitely not now. 

i also don’t love Vatrano all that much but if we have to trade a high pick for him so be it. I feel like he’s the old Dubinsky. Putting up points only because there’s no better options like @Dunnymentioned earlier.

I wouldn't be getting Vatrano because of his current production though. He's a consistent 25-ish goal guy that has had prior chemistry with the 2 guys the team can't get anyone in-house to have  chemistry with. 

Much like with Reilly Smith. I don't care what he's doing this season. I care what he's known to do and what he can do. Plus he's way better than anything the Rangers have at RW. 

With Zegras. He may need maturing,  but he's a definite top skill player in the game. I believe he won't be a center for very long. He's kinda like Chytil,  where you can put him there, but he doesn't exactly do center type things (win faceoffs,  be defensively responsible, etc etc). But holy shit can he skate and do magic with the puck. 

I honestly don't think Miller is a key piece to this team. He logs minutes,  isn't putting up points and is turnstiled atleast twice a game. Imo he's very replaceable and I feel Gustafsson can pretty much do his job now and for a couple more years at a fraction of the cost. 

I move Miller at any time to address the need at C or RW. It definitely would have to be for a somewhat special player. Zegras is kinda in that category.  

If they can swing it cap wise, do that and see what it takes to get Chychrun and back fill with him if the concern is that Gustafsson can't suck on D and pot 30 points like Miller. Chychruns name has been out there, so that's the only reason I brought him up. I know a few people here have been wanting that guy here for years. I never thought he was all that. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I don’t see this happening honestly. Verbeek is in no dire need to deal him. He’s on a reasonable deal for next year too. I’ve heard rumors of an extension. Them dealing him here now would be for an overpay. And that’s why it hasn’t happened yet. And it’s also why it may not happen at all. Just because we need a player who fits Vatranos mold doesn’t mean Anaheim is obligated to trade him to us or at all.

If he does end up here in the next 5 hours, it’s going to be a pricy deal for Drury and the Rangers.

Edited by RichieNextel305

The Rangers can't really do a conditional 1st that is attractive. What would Anaheim get if the condition misses? A 2026 3rd? Nah, that's not going to cut it.

The only way the Rangers can use that 1st round pick is to trade it outright. It goes back to what I've mentioned before. If they trade the 1st, perhaps they can get a mid-round pick back with whatever player comes back. 1st for Vatrano and a 3rd. That kind of deal.

You know who might love this kind of deal? Arizona. They are loaded with 2nd and 3rd round picks the next 3 years, but have zero additional 1st round picks.

The 1st for a half retained Zucker, a 2024 2nd (Florida's), and a 2025 3rd (NYR pick back). A Zucker rental, a late 2nd rounder, and a late 3rd rounder seems like fair value for a late 1st round pick. Add a 5th rounder to a 3rd team to double retain him, depending on what else Drury wants to do.

17 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Pacioretty has scored 6 goals in the past 700 days.

Awesome sound bite. He's got 15 points in his last 26 games. That's better than anybody on the right side of the Rangers aside from Lafreniere. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I wouldn't be getting Vatrano because of his current production though. He's a consistent 25-ish goal guy that has had prior chemistry with the 2 guys the team can't get anyone in-house to have  chemistry with. 

Much like with Reilly Smith. I don't care what he's doing this season. I care what he's known to do and what he can do. Plus he's way better than anything the Rangers have at RW. 

With Zegras. He may need maturing,  but he's a definite top skill player in the game. I believe he won't be a center for very long. He's kinda like Chytil,  where you can put him there, but he doesn't exactly do center type things (win faceoffs,  be defensively responsible, etc etc). But holy shit can he skate and do magic with the puck. 

I honestly don't think Miller is a key piece to this team. He logs minutes,  isn't putting up points and is turnstiled atleast twice a game. Imo he's very replaceable and I feel Gustafsson can pretty much do his job now and for a couple more years at a fraction of the cost. 

I move Miller at any time to address the need at C or RW. It definitely would have to be for a somewhat special player. Zegras is kinda in that category.  

If they can swing it cap wise, do that and see what it takes to get Chychrun and back fill with him if the concern is that Gustafsson can't suck on D and pot 30 points like Miller. Chychruns name has been out there, so that's the only reason I brought him up. I know a few people here have been wanting that guy here for years. I never thought he was all that. 

Know for a fact; Zegras is a hard worker who doesn't hesitate to call out nonhackers. He's a local kid too; suspect he would love being here. For that, I'm dealing Othmann and a 1 and not looking back. It brings up the talent level.