• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ducks' Frank Vatrano and Adam Henrique on Rangers Radar

5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Know for a fact; Zegras is a hard worker who doesn't hesitate to call out nonhackers. He's a local kid too; suspect he would love being here. For that, I'm dealing Othmann and a 1 and not looking back. It brings up the talent level. 

I'm not trading a first and arguably our best prospect for 175 lb perimeter player that's not wanted by the worst team in the league. 

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Know for a fact; Zegras is a hard worker who doesn't hesitate to call out nonhackers. He's a local kid too; suspect he would love being here. For that, I'm dealing Othmann and a 1 and not looking back. It brings up the talent level. 

Zegras also played right wing in the USHL. If they traded for him now, they could put him on the RW. They could flex him C/RW next year depending on Chytil's status, or flex Chytil. Either way, bases are covered.

• Believe 1

I'm glad Drury is holding out.  A bunch of these players available only look decent compared to the rest of the pile of shit that's available.

Other than Tank, I think we got the best player offered in Wennberg.

Guentzel was a waste in my opinion...if we don't win the cup we lose everything when he resigns back in Pittsburgh.  Fuck that!

50 minutes ago, Pete said:

Awesome sound bite. He's got 15 points in his last 26 games. That's better than anybody on the right side of the Rangers aside from Lafreniere. 

He's played 60 NHL games over the past 1,100 days. He should be well rested, that's for sure.

24 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Zegras also played right wing in the USHL. If they traded for him now, they could put him on the RW. They could flex him C/RW next year depending on Chytil's status, or flex Chytil. Either way, bases are covered.

I am all for this.  I believe I remember hearing he was a Ranger fan growing up too but dont quote me on that.

Edited by siddious

So much debate when there's an available player, on reasonable term, with a proven track record, in the exact hole they're attempting to fill.

He's not even named Frank Vatrano, either.

The Zegras talk may be sexy, but there's no way they're going to war with him penciled in, anywhere.

28 minutes ago, Dunny said:

So much debate when there's an available player, on reasonable term, with a proven track record, in the exact hole they're attempting to fill.

He's not even named Frank Vatrano, either.

The Zegras talk may be sexy, but there's no way they're going to war with him penciled in, anywhere.

Absolutely. Giving a bit to fill the hole during the "go for it" period over the next two years is a worthwhile investment. It makes sense. Hopefully all this wait will be worthwhile when Shesty's besty comes back to NY.

This team has given Drury every reason to improve the areas that needed improvements. I’m not saying to mortgage the future for a stupid move. But, he needs to do something here. The chief competition for this franchise are making dramatic leaps forward. I’m not saying to do something idiotic here. But you can’t go from hunting the big fish in Guentzel, thus admitting you know that a winger is needed, to doing absolutely nothing about it.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This team has given Drury every reason to improve the areas that needed improvements. I’m not saying to mortgage the future for a stupid move. But, he needs to do something here. The chief competition for this franchise are making dramatic leaps forward. I’m not saying to do something idiotic here. But you can’t go from hunting the big fish in Guentzel, thus admitting you know that a winger is needed, to doing absolutely nothing about it.

Everyone thought the Rangers loaded up last season.

Look what happened.

Maybe standing pat is the right move. They got Wennberg. Maybe that's enough.

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

I give him credit for standing his ground.  These GM's are trying to fleece us for really good players/prospects and draft picks...for dog shit.  Guentzel is a good player, but he ain't worth Kakko, a 1st, and Perrault.  Not in my book anyway.

I think we have what we need now, and a 3rd line center was a good move.  We payed a fair price for Wennberg, and who knows, we may even be able to resign him next season if Chytil is still having symptoms.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Pete said:

Everyone thought the Rangers loaded up last season.

Look what happened.

Maybe standing pat is the right move. They got Wennberg. Maybe that's enough.

The fact he was as involved for Guentzel as he was shows he believes the roster still needs help. It’s a good team that needs another winger that could score.

Edited by RichieNextel305

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

The fact he was as involved for Guentzel as he was shows he believes the roster still needs help. The fact he’s this quiet, I hope he has something he is working on at the moment.

That's got nothing to do with what I said though.

As far as what you're saying, if you're cold and go into a store to buy a hoodie, means you're acknowledging you're cold. Paying $500 for the hoodie because your cold means you're an idiot.

44 minutes ago, Pete said:

That's got nothing to do with what I said though.

As far as what you're saying, if you're cold and go into a store to buy a hoodie, means you're acknowledging you're cold. Paying $500 for the hoodie because your cold means you're an idiot.

But if you stay in the store to keep warm until closing time, you're still cold at the end of the day. If you buy the sweatshirt, you may overpay but the cost may be worth it if it keeps you warm for a long time with no other options.

(Not loving this analogy)

• LMFAO 1