• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#42) Rangers vs. Washington Capitals — You Again?!

Meh win. Unconvincing. This would be a grueling 7 game series in the playoffs. The difference is the Rangers are supposed to be big time contenders, and the Caps are sitting on the outside.

Still, take the 2 pts and run. It doesn't matter what they look like until April.

• Believe 1

2 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

It wasn’t pretty, but got the win, thanks to Igor. Seems like this game was like “ol’times”, like yesteryear… Good afternoon everyone…

Yeah these last two games felt like old times between these teams, just without Ovechkin. I just mean the intensity and competiveness.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Lafrenière almost ate the puck before he threw it into the crowd as player of the game. He had to check if it was a Drakes Ring Ding. Still almost are it anyway.  

People hate this idea but I really think the Ranger's second-half chances rest on whether Laf can turn more of those great scoring chances into goals.

If he scores 30 this year we're going to cruise into the playoffs.

Only two observations:

I hate the 3rd uniforms on TV.  They are too dark and the players look like blots of india ink against the white ice.

Schneider looked refreshingly/suprprisingly good today.

Schneider is not a problem this season.  Sometimes his partner is, meaning Zac Jones, but Schneider has been fairly consistent.  He definitely needs to take more shots but that is a problem for all the Ranger defensemen except for Trouba and Gustafsson.

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Trouba/Lindgren pairing was so good.

There's probably an argument for pairing Fox and Miller and seeing if having an offensive pair and a defensive pair in the top 4 works out.  You could give Fox and Miller more OZ starts and Trouba and Lindgren more DZ starts and use Schneider and Gustafsson to balance things out and keep the minutes reasonable for everybody.

1 minute ago, Br4d said:

There's probably an argument for pairing Fox and Miller and seeing if having an offensive pair and a defensive pair in the top 4 works out.  You could give Fox and Miller more OZ starts and Trouba and Lindgren more DZ starts and use Schneider and Gustafsson to balance things out and keep the minutes reasonable for everybody.

Maybe if Fox and Miller were even a little good defensively, then maybe. To me, that has the makings of a disaster. They both make maddening decisions without the puck and neither of them take the body. I'm not really sure that works. I'd rather be more balanced with the defensive pairings. Gustafsson has fallen off.

23 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Schneider is not a problem this season.  Sometimes his partner is, meaning Zac Jones, but Schneider has been fairly consistent.  He definitely needs to take more shots but that is a problem for all the Ranger defensemen except for Trouba and Gustafsson.

Gustafsson been his partner most of the year ,and in the defensive zone Gustaffson been bad 

4 minutes ago, lefty9 said:

Gustafsson been his partner most of the year ,and in the defensive zone Gustaffson been bad 

Yea I was thinking how he’s really decline since his initial great start and filling in for Fox. Made a horrendous giveaway today before oshies goal 

• Bullseye 1

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

They were together for 46 seconds of ES time today

And they were good. 😏

Actually thought this was Lindgren's best game, one of his best anyway. Laviolette put them both on late and it worked. Trouba with some good blocks.