• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#42) Rangers vs. Washington Capitals — You Again?!

Just now, lefty9 said:

Besides having some weakness on defense, the bottom six is simply terrible

This is all on Drury,you can only blame so many coaches 

I've been thinking just how bad they've been offensively too. Not that you depend on them for offense, but it's been putrid this season. Goodrow is usually good for 30 points. He has one goal and five points or so. Bonino has been blocking shots and good on faceoffs, which can't be understated but he also has one goal and six points or so. We're over 40 games in. Add in Wheeler and there's just too much dead weight down there. Again,it's not their roles, but they're still not getting any contributions at all and you need that. This is a one line team, two at the very best. It's a short lineup.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Art20c said:

I wish I could say it was impressive win but I can’t. They day raped my eyes with number 2 power play 

It was a competitive game, and you take the win. It was by no means pretty or impressive in any way. They really needed to take both of these games with Carolina breathing down their necks.

• Bullseye 1

1 minute ago, lefty9 said:

Besides having some weakness on defense, the bottom six is simply terrible

This is all on Drury,you can only blame so many coaches 

It's a tough situation to be in though.

There are minor landmines all over the Ranger's roster at this point and Drury just has to hope none of them explode on a daily basis.

Are the Rangers going to get Kreider's full effort this game?  Is Zibanejad going to spend most of the game trying to feed Kreider or cycling to Fox?  Is the RW (whoever that is) going to be able to manage a coherent effort if Kreider is no and Zibanejad is yes?  Are the Rangers going to get enough power plays to leverage the strongest unit on the team?  Who is going to be avoiding the middle of the ice all night?  Are the Ranger's going to have the slowest man on the ice for 20 minutes during the game?  Is the goalie going to face a barrage of close-range shots off of turnovers?  Are the Rangers going to spend most of the game cycling in the OZ when they get there?

Is anybody other than Will Cuylle, Ryan Lindgren and Jacob Trouba going to play with the physicality some games require?  Which of the bipolar stars is going to get off to a slow start and have it snowball into a really bad game?  How many odd man rushes and breakaways will the opponents get off of bad east-west passes at the offensive blueline?  How many zone entries will get screwed up because somebody decided not to dump it in when challenged?

I mean the number of ways games can go wrong for the Rangers is just insane at this point and this is because the baked-in core has this set of strengths and deficiencies that a good team can maul relentlessly on any given night.

15 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I've been thinking just how bad they've been offensively too. Not that you depend on them for offense, but it's been putrid this season. Goodrow is usually good for 30 points. He has one goal and five points or so. Bonino has been blocking shots and good on faceoffs, which can't be understated but he also has one goal and six points or so. We're over 40 games in. Add in Wheeler and there's just too much dead weight down there. Again,it's not their roles, but they're still not getting any contributions at all and you need that. This is a one line team, two at the very best. It's a short lineup.

You exactly right

12 minutes ago, Br4d said:

There are minor landmines all over the Ranger's roster at this point and Drury just has to hope none of them explode on a daily basis.

Are the Rangers going to get Kreider's full effort this game?  Is Zibanejad going to spend most of the game trying to feed Kreider or cycling to Fox?  Is the RW (whoever that is) going to be able to manage a coherent effort if Kreider is no and Zibanejad is yes?  Are the Rangers going to get enough power plays to leverage the strongest unit on the team?  Who is going to be avoiding the middle of the ice all night?  Are the Ranger's going to have the slowest man on the ice for 20 minutes during the game?  Is the goalie going to face a barrage of close-range shots off of turnovers?  Are the Rangers going to spend most of the game cycling in the OZ when they get there?

Is anybody other than Will Cuylle, Ryan Lindgren and Jacob Trouba going to play with the physicality some games require?  Which of the bipolar stars is going to get off to a slow start and have it snowball into a really bad game?  How many odd man rushes and breakaways will the opponents get off of bad east-west passes at the offensive blueline?  How many zone entries will get screwed up because somebody decided not to dump it in when challenged?

I mean the number of ways games can go wrong for the Rangers is just insane at this point and this is because the baked-in core has this set of strengths and deficiencies that a good team can maul relentlessly on any given night.

You right besides those three ,they pretty soft

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Br4d said:

The core of the team isn't bad talent wise, but they are they just too streaky and inconsistent. That's why you're always seeing constant up and downs and it's a luck of the draw in the postseason. You just don't know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Trouba/Lindgren pairing was so good.

Why were they paired? I only saw the third period with no sound, we're at my kid's hockey tournament and the games were at the same time. 

Just now, Pete said:

Why were they paired? I only saw the third period with no sound, we're at my kid's hockey tournament and the games were at the same time. 

It wasn't much, really. I was kind of being sarcastic. I think it was just Laviolette going with instinct and putting then out there together during the final minute. Trouba made a pretty big block late.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

It wasn't much, really. I was kind of being sarcastic. I think it was just Laviolette going with instinct and putting then out there together during the final minute. Trouba made a pretty big block late.

Got it. I've been dying for that pair to get switched up just to see what would happen. Thought we would get a larger look based on your post. Thanks.

51 minutes ago, Br4d said:

None of this would be a big deal if the Mika/Kreids line and Fox were performing up to the back of their hockey cards. Can live and go far with 2 scoring lines and a primo D. Right now nowhere near to where the production has to be. It's a 1 line team. Beat a Caps team w/o #8 by the skin of their teeth. Good signs KK and his defense was back and Igor was himself but ain't enough. 

Edited by Bugg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Situational last few minutes of the game. Pretty much the defensive stalwarts were all put out there to lock it down. I think the forwards were Zibanejad,  Bonino and Goodrow.  

Edited by The Dude

It wasn't pretty, but we got a pretty good effort from Igor, who made some saves when we needed him most.  More good play from Yukon, who buried one for the winner, and of course our Breadman, who is on pace to have the season of our dreams!

And here are the Top 10 nominees for today's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Everlast, who's punching bag will now be offered with a picture of the face of Spencer Carbury.

10 hours ago, knedragon said:

I swear the shovel girls skate faster then Wheeler!

10 hours ago, phillyb said:

More Human Than Human still goes so fucking hard. 

10 hours ago, Bugg said:

Oshie is 37 years old and always hurt. Could you hit this fossil? 

10 hours ago, Valriera said:

Nice to see kreider upset about anything 

9 hours ago, The Dude said:

As have defenses.  He's getting further and further away from the net with where he's shooting from. He'll be shooting from in the fucking stands at the end of January.

9 hours ago, knedragon said:

Stoned like a high school drop out.

9 hours ago, phillyb said:

“Kreider on a breakaway…doesn’t get a shot off.”

Not what you want to hear. 

9 hours ago, ausman said:

Weak stomach? Don’t watch the last 2.

8 hours ago, Valriera said:

Like the bathroom right after Taco Bell, just barely 

5 hours ago, Art20c said:

I wish I could say it was impressive win but I can’t. They day raped my eyes with number 2 power play 

We really needed that one today, and even though it came down to biting into my cuticles, we pulled it off! 

I will say this; If we ever need a goalie, we should definitely consider Charlie Lindgren.  That fucking guy is murder against us!

And the winning quote for today’s GDT goes to a rookie @knedragon!  Seriously though...I could skate faster than Wheeler with a refrigerator on my back!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm really starting to love Will Cuylle.  That fucking guy finishes EVERY check out there!

We, as a team finished every check in that 1st period.  Then we stopped.  Why?  We went back to "buzz past the guy with the puck" shit.  Will managed to do it all game....he's done it all season.

I wanna see more of what I saw in the 1st period of that game.  Hard stop!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I'm really starting to love Will Cuylle.  That fucking guy finishes EVERY check out there!

We, as a team finished every check in that 1st period.  Then we stopped.  Why?  We went back to "buzz past the guy with the puck" shit.  Will managed to do it all game....he's done it all season.

I wanna see more of what I saw in the 1st period of that game.  Hard stop!

a cuylle-chytill-kakko line would've been huge this season

7 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

a cuylle-chytill-kakko line would've been huge this season

It would J-Dog!  Unfortunately I think Chytil is in deep shit with his injury status.  It's a shame too!  ...kid was starting to get it together, and we could've really used his talent the last 20-something games.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

It would J-Dog!  Unfortunately I think Chytil is in deep shit with his injury status.  It's a shame too!  ...kid was starting to get it together, and we could've really used his talent the last 20-something games.

He can skate with the best of them and that's something this Ranger teams is mostly missing.

10 minutes ago, knedragon said:

Moving on up

And the winning quote for today’s GDT goes to a rookie

That win puts you currently at #26...more good posts and consistently posting scores GDT points!...

Welcome to the biggs, rookie!! 

Excited Season 9 GIF by The Office

• Phil unpinned this topic