• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#42) Rangers vs. Washington Capitals — You Again?!

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

That Lafrenière goal was really awesome. If he can do more of that, the Rangers will be in good shape for years. 

A Ranger got the puck in front of the net unchecked and scored.  I thought I was double-visioning it at first!

BTW, I gotta say that this is like watching the Bizarro-Laf at work.

Last year he was not terrible but everybody said he was terrible, this year he is not great but people are orgasming all over him.

What a strange prism the #1OA pick is.

Edited by Br4d

5 minutes ago, Br4d said:

A Ranger got the puck in front of the net unchecked and scored.  I thought I was double-visioning it at first!

Last year he was not terrible but everybody said he was terrible, this year he is not great but people are orgasming all over him.

He hasn't been 'great' this year, but this is the best he's ever looked and the most confident he's been. This Lafreniere is more of what we saw that led him to being a first overall. He's only 22.

5 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Last year, he was terrible. This year he is an effective forward. The delta is what everyone is excited about, not his 20goal pace

3 minutes ago, Br4d said:

If you don't see the difference,  I don't know what to tell you. 

He's got more jump, he's faster, he's getting much better scoring chances and he's not doing his zone entry and immediate curl that he did for 3 straight years.  He's not giving up on plays either. 

If all you see is the stats,  then that's on you. 

I couldn't stand the sight of Lafrenière last year and into camp. This is a different player. 

• Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Laf wasn't terrible last season.  He was a 3rd line forward doing 3rd line forward things.

No. He was terrible. He’s an entirely different player this year and we are all happy to be wrong about him 

Edited by Valriera