• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #6] Rangers at Calgary Flames — Chyting up

Drew a Penalty

19 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Kreider's the best when he wants to be the best.

That's pretty much the tag he's had since he's been here, Brad.  He takes a lot of games off and isn't even a factor; you barely notice he's on the ice in some games, until you see his number and I'm like..."Oh Kreiders IS playing".

I'm hoping a coach like Lavvy is going to be able to light a fire under his ass to get less of that this season and more good efforts.

So far he's been pretty visable and I like what he's put together so far. 

• Believe 1

1 hour ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Always hear a lot about Kreider disappearing and taking games off, but I think part of his disappearing is that he relies on other players to make all the plays.   Fox has to take that shot pass for him to tip.  Zibanejad has to make that pass on the 2 on 1 for him to put in the empty net. 

It's not just that.  Game 3 against the Devils last year the Devils are breaking out on his side up the ice and he just oles a chance to check the Devil with the puck into the boards.  Pulls up like it's not important this shift for some reason.  The series went downhill from almost that point.

I saw that and I was like "Fuck! Not this again..."

1 hour ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Always hear a lot about Kreider disappearing and taking games off, but I think part of his disappearing is that he relies on other players to make all the plays.   Fox has to take that shot pass for him to tip.  Zibanejad has to make that pass on the 2 on 1 for him to put in the empty net. 

Yup. That's why he's a complimentary player. Complimentary players are not noticeable if the team is not noticeable. But he's a really smart player, good in every zone, and rarely makes mistakes, which is why his underlying stats are awesome. There is a lot of stuff that he does that needs to be done to win games, but it does not show up on a scoresheet.

Wheeler is going to break out tonight.  Definitely potting a goal or 2.  

I think people have not noticed a lot of the little things he's done. He's been aces defensively.  Pretty steady at controlling the puck. Gets to the corners and the front of the net. Just needs to gell with the new team. I think he wants to slow things down a bit,  while Trocheck is balls to the wall. He has to get on board. 

Brian Mullen for trivia

Schneider has a goal and a fight after Kadri takes a run at Panarin. 

Jones gets waived after the game. 

Sam calls Dennis Gilbert, Greg Gilbert 4 times.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Wheeler is going to break out tonight.  Definitely potting a goal or 2.  

I have no idea what you see in him. I hope you're right, but at best he's been a shutdown player for this team.

At this pace I wouldn't be surprised if we cut bait.

25 minutes ago, torontonyr said:

I have no idea what you see in him. I hope you're right, but at best he's been a shutdown player for this team.

At this pace I wouldn't be surprised if we cut bait.

It's a long season.  He hasn't hurt the team. He's been good defensively and not any kind of detriment. He's only going to get better. The offense will come. 

• Believe 1