• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #6] Rangers at Calgary Flames — Chyting up

Drew a Penalty

39 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

That one's on Chytil....twice actually.  He fails to gain the zone and turns it over at their blueline, and then on the defense, you don't chase as the center there. 

Laf is the F3 there and has to cover the point man, or any pass through to the weak side.

The turnover is a deflected puck through the neutral zone by Panarin, so it’s not entirely his fault.

Its bad luck resulting in a bad read

• Keeps it 100 1

I just noticed that Laff got a piece of Schneider's shot that hit the post with 2 seconds left in the period.  It's at the 3:20 mark of the video if you wanna check it out.  That kid's getting good with deflections....kinda like Kreider-Lite! ("All that great taste....and all the calories!!!")

Now just score 52, Yukon!!  LOL

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I just noticed that Laff got a piece of Schneider's shot that hit the post with 2 seconds left in the period.  It's at the 3:20 mark of the video if you wanna check it out.  That kid's getting good with deflections....kinda like Kreider-Lite! ("All that great taste....and all the calories!!!")

I think Ozzy, that kid has 30 this year.

Hopefully he does and that shuts everyone up

• Believe 2

3 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

The turnover is a deflected puck through the neutral zone by Panarin, so it’s not entirely his fault.

Its bad luck resulting in a bad read

No doubt, not blaming him for the bad bounce off Bread, but his primary responsibility on that rush is to gain the zone, or at least get it deep.  It's definitely a blown coverage down low though.

I go to the bench after that play and sit way down the end, away from the coach!! LOL

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

So what you're saying is, that puck would have went in if donut boy didn't touch it?

Mad Tommy Wiseau GIF by The Room

• LOL 1

Just now, RangersIn7 said:

I think Ozzy, that kid has 30 this year.

Hopefully he does and that shuts everyone up

I'm hoping, 7!  I've been calling his number since he got here!  He's got the tools!  He may not have the speed, but he does have the mitts, and the jam to be THAT kinda player that annoys the shit out of a team, and can score.

Not quite a Marchand, but I can see him along those lines.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

So what you're saying is, that puck would have went in if donut boy didn't touch it?

Mad Tommy Wiseau GIF by The Room

I looked at it again;  Looks like Markstrom sees it all the way, so I'm thinking Schneider's shot is a routine glove save.  That deflection, if it's a 1/4 inch left rings the bell!

You would've gloved that shot from Schneider in a heartbeat!  😉

• LOL 1

• Phil unpinned this topic