• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #6] Rangers at Calgary Flames — Chyting up

Drew a Penalty

Another solid dub. Didn’t have a ton of possession in the 3rd but also didn’t allow too many Grade-A scoring chances against. A lot of the Flames action was kept to the outside. The Rangers have gotten more aware of needing to clear out the slot whenever pucks end up there. The times he needed to, Igor stepped up. He made a few terrific, terrific saves. But man, if we can continue to limit opposing teams to not piling up 10+ high danger scoring chances per game like it was been a lot in his career, Igor is going to pile up a lot of wins this year. Good start to the trip. Hopefully take advantage of a struggling McDavid-less Oiler team on Thursday.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Believe 1

Igor stood on his head and made saves with his skate blades.  Literally a couple of times.

I arrived late for this one and just as I finally got a stream working the game turned around in the Rangers favor, about 6 minutes to go in the 1st.  So glad I didn't get a chance to watch the first 14 minutes...

FWIW, at this point, it’s pretty safe to say Kreider is the best net front presence in the league, no? That tip in goal was beautiful, and that play in particular has become a staple, where he stands off to the side and is able to angle the puck right up over the shoulder. Just a picture perfect deflection.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • VINNY! 1

I know we don’t play Calgary a lot so we don’t get to see their players all that much, especially given the late starts they have usually, but man, Nikita Zadorov is about as big of a bitch as I’ve seen in a while. This was just one instance, but there were a few times he was looking to the refs to bail him out or chirp for a call. Clearly left his feet on the hit on Goodrow, got challenged, bailed and before bailing, looks to whine about Goodrow coming after him. What a soft little baby.

• LOL 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I know we don’t play Calgary a lot so we don’t get to see their players all that much, especially given the late starts they have usually, but man, Nikita Zadorov is about as big of a bitch as I’ve seen in a while. This was just one instance, but there were a few times he was looking to the refs to bail him out or chirp for a call. Clearly left his feet on the hit on Goodrow, got challenged, bailed and before bailing, looks to whine about Goodrow coming after him. What a soft little baby.

Eh, Vesey's hit was worse and there was no reason for Goodrow to complain here.