• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PS #6: Rangers vs. Bruins, 7:30pm — TNT

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

I think this is the most ready I've been for the preseason to just end. lol It's been that ugly.

Saw someone say on Twitter the 13-14 Rangers went 1-5 in the preseason under a new coach, started awfully (Biron got Thanos snapped), and then made the Cup Final. Shit happens.

• Believe 3

1 minute ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

Saw someone say on Twitter the 13-14 Rangers went 1-5 in the preseason under a new coach, started awfully (Biron got Thanos snapped), and then made the Cup Final. Shit happens.

Yeah, they haven't looked that great but as I said in the game thread last night, I think most of these guys are just waiting for the season to start. Mika, Kreider, Panarin, they know what they have to do. Again, if they look like ass three weeks or so into the season, then you can be worried. Right now? I'm really not.

11 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

I mean, honestly, I was expecting an extremely rough start. This is a tired core who just went through trauma collapsing the way they did against the Devils, only got older, and are now facing their third coach in like four years? There's just no way in hell they're going to gel and look good until November, earliest.

Best case, I think they're .500 heading toward Thanksgiving, and can hopefully get it in gear right before so they don't end up trying to play catch-up.

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

I mean, honestly, I was expecting an extremely rough start. This is a tired core who just went through trauma collapsing the way they did against the Devils, only got older, and are now facing their third coach in like four years? There's just no way in hell they're going to gel and look good until November, earliest.

Best case, I think they're .500 heading toward Thanksgiving, and can hopefully get it in gear right before so they don't end up trying to play catch-up.

should infract you for this depressing post smh

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1

This is another good game to see where we're at.  The Bruins skate hard and play solid hockey.  They've got some younger faces getting a look this season and those guys will be looking for any opportunity in the last exhibition game.

Let's see where we're at after the game.

16 minutes ago, siddious said:

My rule for a new coach is that the first 15 games of the season don’t count. 

what’s discouraging is the effort level of the top 6 guys has been non-existstant.

I am hoping it’s only because it’s preseason 

Good, cause the first 15 games are gonna be awful. LOL.

These are the NHL Preseason standings.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/standings/_/seasontype/pre

The records don't mean anything. The performances of certain players do. For the Rangers, you don't worry about the "meh".

The highlights:

• Cullye
  • Othmann
  • Pitlick
  • Gustafsson

The Meh:

• Kakko
  • Jones
  • Wheeler
  • Bonino
  • The regulars

The Huge Red Flags

• Quick
  • Lafreniere
  • Chytil injury
Edited by Pete
  • Like 2
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

These are the NHL Preseason standings.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/standings/_/seasontype/pre

The records don't mean anything. The performances of certain players do. For the Rangers, you don't worry about the "meh".

The highlights:

• Cullye
  • Othmann
  • Pitlick
  • Gustafsson

The Meh:

• Kakko
  • Jones
  • Wheeler
  • Bonino
  • The regulars

The Huge Red Flags

• Quick
  • Lafreniere
  • Chytil injury

All very fair. I'd also love to know where Panarin's head is at. 

2 minutes ago, H-Dreamer said:

Why does the Bruins logo look so weird? Is that a special thing for their anniversary or something?

Yeah. They have a few versions of it they're wearing this year. Home/away and then a commemorative one.

• Like 1