• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PS #6: Rangers vs. Bruins, 7:30pm — TNT

1 hour ago, Pete said:

People who expected anything other than a coaching change were living in a different reality.

There was no reason to blow this team up over the summer. Seeing them under a new coach was always the litmus test. You could not get a more opposite coach from GG than Lavvy.

If the laissez-faire attitude continues, then you blow it all up. 

In the post game presser, Lavs was again calling out too much East West. Let's see what he does about it. 

For starters, list out which players play East West style games. I don't want folks to pretend Kreider and Trocheck play East West, for example, so we should be clear about who that kind of statement is directed towards.

• Bullseye 1

22 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I just don’t buy this argument. Maybe GG didn’t run the practices himself, but the coaching staff did and he definitely told them how he wants the team to play. If it was GG or his assistents, the team clearly didn’t listen.

I mean, if you don't want to buy it that's fine, but it's been confirmed by multiple beat writers who would disagree with you so I'm not going to argue about what I know to be true.

And Quinn was almost the opposite of GG and that didn’t work either. Yes it was a younger team and an unexperienced coach, but it was the same issue back then as it is now.

The players apparently said the right things during the exit-interviews («we want to be coached») but so far (yes only pre season I know), it’s the same old shit.

Just to make it clear - I’m not shitting on or giving up on Lavy yet, I will give him a couple months atleast before I judge him, I’m just saying I have doubts about this group changing and adapting enough to take the next step.

There are a lot of players who change their game the older they get so I really have no reason to believe that they can't or won't.

I think they are going to be fine. They have an entire week of work before the season starts. I'm choosing to be optimistic.

3 hours ago, Pete said:

People who expected anything other than a coaching change were living in a different reality.

There was no reason to blow this team up over the summer. Seeing them under a new coach was always the litmus test. You could not get a more opposite coach from GG than Lavvy.

If the laissez-faire attitude continues, then you blow it all up. 

In the post game presser, Lavs was again calling out too much East West. Let's see what he does about it. 

What ever else you think about Miller, playing Trouba over him on PP2 makes zero sense. The guy is offensively talented,and think we would see more of it if he got that chance. Heaven forbid Fox goes down for some time, there's nobody else here who can plausibly QB the PP. 

• Keeps it 100 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

That's a reach. He's scored 20 goals and 40 points. You can't do that if you don't belong. 

He's a disappointment, but he's an NHL player. 

Right. I guess I should have added 'on some occasions', which is more fair. He can put up points, but it seems more often than not, looks completely lost.

Edited by Sharpshooter

59 minutes ago, Bugg said:

What ever else you think about Miller, playing Trouba over him on PP2 makes zero sense. The guy is offensively talented,and think we would see more of it if he got that chance. Heaven forbid Fox goes down for some time, there's nobody else here who can plausibly QB the PP. 

I don't disagree. I'm pretty sure he was on PP2 last night, otherwise I don't know what this has to do with my post LOL. Did you mean to quote someone else?

Edited by Pete

5 hours ago, Pete said:

This is another reach. He's an offensive defenseman who put up 40 points without power play time.

Let that sink in for a second, 40 points for a defenseman is considered a great season. He's getting to 40 points with no power play time, he's basically outscoring Laugh as a defenseman. 

You can live with some defensive hiccups when you're getting that kind of production. I don't know why he gets held to a higher standard than anyone else. 

I was just in an ornery mood after hearing the pre-season announcers on MSG likening Miller to Victor Hedman during the last Devils game.