• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PS #6: Rangers vs. Bruins, 7:30pm — TNT

9 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Gallant was the worst coach for a kid that has no direction of his own. Obviously his rookie season with Quinn wasn’t so great either but there a whole other bunch of reasons for a poor rookie season that started with Covid shutdown and all that.

to me this is his first real chance. We will know this year. We will know. 

💯

I don't actively move against any player on the team.

But again, what I can't abide is lack of work ethic. Anybody can say whatever they want about the veterans, but it is oh so clear to me that they care and they take losing really hard.

Lafreniere... It's just not there for him right now. 

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

I think some of you guys just want him to fail at this point lol 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I would love nothing more than for him to shove it up my hoop no spit no lube.

But you can't wish success into existence.

This^

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I have to agree. Plus, I’d like to see another lefty out there. I’d much prefer Kakko out there. Trocheck tries too hard to do too much.

He's as big as a failure of a free agent signing as Gomez was. In a vacuum, not bad players, but there was no reason to sacrifice obvious chemistry. Strome worked, Tro doesn't. Numbers aside, you can see the on ice product is just not a fit. 

Mercifully, preseason is over. Probably liked more tonight than any other game. Swayman made a few really nice saves. Still lot of work to do adjusting to this style of play. But they drove more offense tonight and still defended decently well. 

Kakko looked extremely impressive tonight. His puck control, his shot, I really hope he puts it all together this year.

Mika was more assertive tonight. The PP is just so one dimensional and has become very obvious to solve to the league. Everything is fed through Zibanejad, which is fine. It’s a weapon to have a guy like that there waiting to blast shots. But again, like it was last year, he will be overplayed until Fox and Panarin put more pucks on net. They looked to do that a little tonight, and hopefully more to come.

All in all, rusty. But better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

He's as big as a failure of a free agent signing as Gomez was. In a vacuum, not bad players, but there was no reason to sacrifice obvious chemistry. Strome worked, Tro doesn't. Numbers aside, you can see the on ice product is just not a fit. 

The only saving grace is if Chytil can ever stay on the ice and he gains some semblance of chemistry with Panarin, Trocheck can regain his platform as a pesty 3C with people like Wheeler, Cuylle, Kreider (if Laviolette decides to slot him there) or Goodrow on a line that can defend and score when needed and forecheck. But as a 2C, he just doesn’t blend with the way our top guys play.

• Believe 1

5 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

The only saving grace is if Chytil can ever stay on the ice and he gains some semblance of chemistry with Panarin, Trocheck can regain his platform as a pesty 3C with people like Wheeler, Cuylle, Kreider (if Laviolette decides to slot him there) or Goodrow on a line that can defend and score when needed and forecheck. But as a 2C, he just doesn’t blend with the way our top guys play.

Agreed. He can't he depended on in offensive situations with offensively aware players. He's a chucker. Get it, panic, shoot it. 

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yeah, he doesn't play the right way like the rest of the team. Give me a break LMAO

1 hour ago, Pete said:

💯

I don't actively move against any player on the team.

But again, what I can't abide is lack of work ethic. Anybody can say whatever they want about the veterans, but it is oh so clear to me that they care and they take losing really hard.

Lafreniere... It's just not there for him right now. 

Not sure if tonight was simply of let's get the fuck out of here with no injuries, or a continuation of this ongoing preseason shitshow.

2 things that jumped out; Miller still plays way too small and nonphyscial for a guy his size.

And running the PP to get Mika his slapper that usually misses the net and every goalie and defense has seen rather than taking hard quick shots on goal, don't get it at all. Everyone has seen this same PP for 3 seasons. If that's something you do a few times a game, great. But if it's the ONLY thing you do, they've seen it over and over and will defend against it.

13 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Not sure if tonight was simply of let's get the fuck out of here with no injuries, or a continuation of this ongoing preseason shitshow.

2 things that jumped out; Miller still plays way too small and nonphyscial for a guy his size.

And running the PP to get Mika his slapper that usually misses the net and every goalie and defense has seen rather than taking hard quick shots on goal, don't get it at all. Everyone has seen this same PP for 3 seasons. If that's something you do a few times a game, great. But if it's the ONLY thing you do, they've seen it over and over and will defend against it.

People need to get off this Miller needs to hit trip... That's not the player he is, that's not the player he should be, and people need to move on.