• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Devils Round One — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. LGR!

The thing about all the cycling is that the value depends on the scoring attempt it promotes at the end of the sequence.

This year that has tended to be an easy chance for the goalie.

Last year on the PP the cycling turned into Zibanejad one-timers and Kreider deflections.

The Rangers high value chances this year tend to come off of a simpler progression of a pass into the zone and then a cross-ice pass for a shot against an unbalanced goalie.  Once they settle down and start cycling it feels like all of the promise is gone in a few passes.

22 hours ago, Bieser said:

With the exception of the Islanders every game one loser won game 2.  The Isles went to OT.  I expect the best NJ has tonight and I'd love to get this one.  

I hope that's the best they have because we are certainly giving them "playoff experience".

1 hour ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

When is game 2?

46 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

You mean game 3? Tomorrow 8pm.

8 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

Devils asking the same question tbh

Yeah I think @RJWantsTheCup is asking facetiously because game one and game two went pretty much the same. 

Either that or he's on the same shit @Ozzy is. 

Edited by Pete
  • LMFAO 4
  • Bullseye 1

29 minutes ago, Flynn said:

I want to see a team that smell blood and the water and goes into a feeding frenzy. No bullshit, just choke them out. 

Break the cycle of long series after long series this club seems to live for. 

I'm hopeful this is the difference Kane and Tank make. We've lacked that killer instinct before in the playoffs. This should be business as usual. No stupidity, no letting them in it, no north-south open ice BS. Shut down, take your chances when they come. They'll be amped up from a rabid crowd at MSG but first goal is REALLLLYY important. Can't get sloppy on the energy. 

I WANT to believe we can do this in 4 or 5, but after Tampa last year, and what we did to Carolina and Pittsburgh, I'm terrified of dropping 3 straight. Isn't that what happened in 1994 too? Won the first two, mailed it in for 3, the Guarantee, and then Matteau. Could've been easy, but it's the Rangers so it was double-OT game 7 agonizing. 

• Bullseye 1

2 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

They want Smith for grit.

If they want Smitty for grit, put him as the 4th line RW, he played F for us, and insert Hughes on D.  What do they have to lose.....besides the game.

FWIW, I wouldnt have mind Smith as our 6th/7th D before the Tarasenko/Mikkola trade, and wouldnt mind him as the 7th D post Tarasenko/Mikkola trade.

Edited by Blue Heaven

10 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

FWIW, I wouldnt have mind Smith as our 6th/7th D before the Tarasenko/Mikkola trade, and wouldnt mind him as the 7th D post Tarasenko/Mikkola trade.

I wouldn't mind him in the penalty box now as a result of him being "tough" or not being able to keep up with the play.  There is a punishment called "CK" for teams who rely on the likes of Brendan Smith, who end up taking penalties.

Incidentally, that nasty ole schadenfreude got the best of me and I couldn't stop myself from checking the meltdown on a Devils' forum.  I was taken aback by the number of posters, a seeming majority, who were going beyond the usual stuff and advocating purposely injuring the Rangers and their fans.

Just now, Sod16 said:

I wouldn't mind him in the penalty box now as a result of him being "tough" or not being able to keep up with the play.  There is a punishment called "CK" for teams who rely on the likes of Brendan Smith, who end up taking penalties.

Incidentally, that nasty ole schadenfreude got the best of me and I couldn't stop myself from checking the meltdown on a Devils' forum.  I was taken aback by the number of posters, a seeming majority, who were going beyond the usual stuff and advocating purposely injuring the Rangers and their fans.

I think they're back on with Fire Lindy

1 hour ago, Sod16 said:

Most of them don't even understand the game. Being stupid is what you're left with lol

2 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

If they want Smitty for grit, put him as the 4th line RW, he played F for us, and insert Hughes on D.  What do they have to lose.....besides the game.

Harpur > Smith

• Bullseye 1