• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Devils Round One — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. LGR!

2 hours ago, Butcher Icebone said:

Yall are way too confident. Devs are going to smoke us. I hate to say it. They have perpetually owned the Rangers for most of their history. I dont think this ends well honestly.

Especially with Panarins turnovers, the Devs speed eat those for breakfast.

Not that this has anything to do with the current rosters, but facts matter.

Screenshot-20230414-193605-Chrome.png

• Thanks 1
  • The Chyt! 1
  • VINNY! 2

6 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Time for my annual sub to a TV streaming service. Don't like to free stream playoffs.

Who do you use that gets all of those channels? I had fubo for Msg but missed all TBS and TNT games.

Edited by jsm7302

Just did some internet research. ...Sling Blue and Orange will net ABC, TNT, TBS and ESPN. If they could wrestle MSG from Fubo, they would be the complete package for the regular season also.

Sling is also half off the first month. I've paused my FUBO sub and will start sling now.

Edited by jsm7302
  • Thanks 1

I still have this feeling we're looking at 2 Devils wins followed by 4 Rangers wins and a clinch in MSG on the 29th.

I think it is going to take a couple of games of watching the Devils speed to get all the vets properly focused on controlling the games and winning them.

2 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Just did some internet research. ...Sling Blue and Orange will net ABC, TNT, TBS and ESPN. If they could wrestle MSG from Fubo, they would be the complete package for the regular season also.

Sling is also half off the first month. I've paused my FUBO sub and will start sling now.

So a subscription to Sling Blue and Orange will cover it???

• Keeps it 100 1

55 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

I might try Sling again. I used them a couple years ago and had buffering issues a little too frequently. Youtube TV was rock solid last year, but more expensive.

2 hours ago, Br4d said:

I still have this feeling we're looking at 2 Devils wins followed by 4 Rangers wins and a clinch in MSG on the 29th.

I think it is going to take a couple of games of watching the Devils speed to get all the vets properly focused on controlling the games and winning them.

I can see this, but more because the Devils might feel a little overwhelmed by the MSG playoff atmosphere, and GG will get his matchups at home. He doesn't do well with matchups on the road. Makes no adjustments.

New Jersey is a really good team. I’m not discounting them at all. But I just think the Rangers, across 7 games, can adjust better than they could. This team has shown that it plays its best in big spots. Carolina suffocated them across 4 games last year in the regular season. And they were able to crack that code gradually across 7 games in the playoffs. I think they’ll figure out a way to slow Jersey down offensively a bit, and their offense should be able to find their time to make things happen.

• Believe 1

17 minutes ago, Pete said:

Is that way you spent the proceeds from the season ticket sales on?

Yep, cost me 1 playoff game which I guess would be a good thing if it means a NYR win. You said to sell my playoff games so I did and had to spend it on something NYR related 

• Applause 2

22 hours ago, Butcher Icebone said:

Yall are way too confident. Devs are going to smoke us. I hate to say it. They have perpetually owned the Rangers for most of their history. I dont think this ends well honestly.

who invited this guy to this site?

3 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Yep, cost me 1 playoff game which I guess would be a good thing if it means a NYR win. You said to sell my playoff games so I did and had to spend it on something NYR related 

Well worth it haha.

23 hours ago, Butcher Icebone said:

Ummm.

18-16 Rangers in playoff match up history. 

Unless perpetually owned means pretty equal and in the Rangers favor. 

I'm confident the Rangers will surpass the Devils.