• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#71) Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes — Downgraded to Tropical Depression

Hard lesson for the playoffs. If you get  lead, seize the fuckin' day. Shades of the game in the Tampa ECF series when  they jumped out to a 2 goal lead and...stopped. This talent is not here to milk 1 goal leads for 45 minutes. 

...and sometimes you hear the bullet! 

I'm taking the high road here by thinking it's best to experience these kind of defensive breakdowns now, than in the playoffs.  Simply way too many coverage mistakes, and lost 50/50 puck battles.  Sorry gang, but we all know that shit isn't gonna fly against a team like this!

...And here are the Top 10 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”:

2 hours ago, CBrowningPI said:

Brindamour looks more like a mafia boss then hockey coach 

1 hour ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Because we haven’t been scoring?

*checks notes*
Nope, that ain’t it. 

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Because we've been giving up lots of goals?

*checks notes*

Nope, that ain't it either.

1 hour ago, VegasRanger said:

Just got home.  I think the scoreboard is broken

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Watching the Hurricanes play hockey is (tropical) depression-inducing.

59 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Of course the missing link to cavemen ties the game for them!

56 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Aho has a punch me kind of face.

54 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Miller is so awesome he can have 4 points in a period and leave open 4 forwards in one period

48 minutes ago, Phil said:

Motte's nickname should just be MEDIC!

41 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Actual hockey team vs. Collection of nifty dudes

I'm curious to see what adjustments, if any we make for Thursday night.  Our defensive zone coverage was rather poor tonight.  I'm also hoping our compete level is a bit better as well.  We were pretty much outplayed by a pretty big margin tonight in my book, and yet we still led for over 30 minutes!

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Cash or Czech!  It's actually hard to decide which one is uglier, Chatfield or Burns.  I gotta go with Burns though...He's so ugly, when he was a baby, his mother breast fed him through a straw!

• Like 1
  • LMFAO 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

We were definitely the worse team and made mistakes on our zone tonight but this was more Carolina playing exceptionally well than anything else to me. Gave us nothing and we failed to score on our power play. Gotta give them credit - they played their exact game for 60 and won. Even if we did too idk that we win the game.

gotta turn it back around next game 

Pretty clear display of the difference between a top NHL playoffs team, and a bubble team like Pitt or AHL version of the Preds. 

Unfortunately this game is much more indicative of where this team really is.

Same problems remain with D zone coverage. I think Trouba in the post game said something like "They're a good team, positionally sound, they always know where to be". Pretty damning indictment of GG.

• Zib line meh.
  • Tro line trash. 
  • Kid line stronger, Kakko needs to take the puck to the middle because its there for him
  • 4th line great 

Miller/Schneider needs to be a full time pair. Need to resolve the Miller/Trouba issue that's been noticeable all season. 

• Keeps it 100 1

I cannot believe how wide open they left Noesen on the 2nd Carolina goal. He was literally gliding along all alone in front of the net, Miller and Trouba not having a clue. Piss poor defense there.

Listen, lousy game. But as bad as they played, they were 2 minutes away from earning a point. And we’ve proven we can skate with and beat Carolina. So, not gonna win them all. And definitely need better efforts against better teams; especially teams that clamp down on you like the Hurricanes can. Bounce back Thursday.