• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#71) Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes — Downgraded to Tropical Depression

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

Pretty clear display of the difference between a top NHL playoffs team, and a bubble team like Pitt or AHL version of the Preds. 

Unfortunately this game is much more indicative of where this team really is.

Same problems remain with D zone coverage. I think Trouba in the post game said something like "They're a good team, positionally sound, they always know where to be". Pretty damning indictment of GG.

• Zib line meh.
  • Tro line trash. 
  • Kid line stronger, Kakko needs to take the puck to the middle because its there for him
  • 4th line great 

Miller/Schneider needs to be a full time pair. Need to resolve the Miller/Trouba issue that's been noticeable all season. 

Pretty sound assessment of what we saw last night, Pete.  It seems like there's always fucking 9 guys on the ice when we play these guys. 

Edited by Ozzy

Noesen goal was Miller. He's just floating between corner and slot.

3rd goal was Fox and whoever the winger was. Completely lost when Lindgren fell down.

Not gonna dispute Brindamour is better than Gallant, I mean, he's possibly the greatest coach in amy sport, on the planet, but I dunno how either are on Gallant. It's just poor execution.

21 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Noesen goal was Miller. He's just floating between corner and slot.

3rd goal was Fox and whoever the winger was. Completely lost when Lindgren fell down.

Not gonna dispute Brindamour is better than Gallant, I mean, he's possibly the greatest coach in amy sport, on the planet, but I dunno how either are on Gallant. It's just poor execution.

Poor execution of what plan? How much more evidence do we need that these players are just winging it in all three zones? I understand freelancing in the offensive zone and not having a philosophy and just letting the talent take over, but that does not work in the defensive zone on any team.

There is no philosophy, there is no scheme, there is no identity. Are they playing zone? Are they playing man to man? Are they pressuring the puck or are they passive? Do the wingers stay high and prevent the puck from going bottom to top, or do they come help out down low to retrieve the puck more quickly and manufacture a breakout?

Nobody can answer these questions after watching this team for 2 years. It was really evident what they were doing under Torts, and it was really evident what they were doing under AV, and it was at least clear what they were trying to do under Quinn AKA they had a philosophy about playing fast.

This team has none of that. 

• Keeps it 100 3

41 minutes ago, Pete said:

Poor execution of what plan? How much more evidence do we need that these players are just winging it in all three zones? I understand freelancing in the offensive zone and not having a philosophy and just letting the talent take over, but that does not work in the defensive zone on any team.

There is no philosophy, there is no scheme, there is no identity. Are they playing zone? Are they playing man to man? Are they pressuring the puck or are they passive? Do the wingers stay high and prevent the puck from going bottom to top, or do they come help out down low to retrieve the puck more quickly and manufacture a breakout?

Nobody can answer these questions after watching this team for 2 years. It was really evident what they were doing under Torts, and it was really evident what they were doing under AV, and it was at least clear what they were trying to do under Quinn AKA they had a philosophy about playing fast.

This team has none of that. 

Yes, man to man. Passive and they give space and DZ entry is too easy. Forwards stay high and look for medium-ish stretch passes or pucks corralled up the boards to break out. I don't like the plan, and there's too many guys susceptible to having brain farts to effectively play man to man. If this is the plan, I don't like it. If it is not the plan GG has laid out for the team, then he is doing a pretty poor job of implementing whatever it is he wants after two seasons now. Either way, I don't like GG for it.

Talent may yet overcome, but it's going to be way harder than it has to be.

Edited by BrooksBurner

16 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Yes, man to man. Passive and they give space and DZ entry is too easy. Forwards stay high and look for medium-ish stretch passes or pucks corralled up the boards to break out. I don't like the plan, and there's too many guys susceptible to having brain farts to effectively play man to man. If this is the plan, I don't like it. If it is not the plan GG has laid out for the team, then he is doing a pretty poor job of implementing whatever it is he wants after two seasons now. Either way, I don't like GG for it.

Talent may yet overcome, but it's going to be way harder than it has to be.

Like I said, nobody knows the plan. 

Also note last night while we were on the PP, that they rushed Fox and stayed tight on the players up high, by the blue line.  To get any chances, we had to get the puck down low, which apparently is not a strong suit of our PP, going O-'fer to boot. 

We had a couple of chances to bury these guys and get them down by 2, which I think would've/could've changed the game.

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

I’m just saying the questions you asked have answers to them based on what’s seen in game.

But they don't. And that's the point. You think that's the plan, but you don't know that's the plan. And you're saying the payers aren't executing on it, but maybe they are executing a different plan? And if they aren't executing the plan, how do you know what the plan is and it's not being executed?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

2nd goal was really terrible defense.  Zibanejad had the guy.  Miller comes over to same guy and Trouba goes behind the net on the same side of the ice.  Who the hell plays defense with both defensemen and the center all behind the net on one side?

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

Just now, Pete said:

But they don't. And that's the point. You think that's the plan, but you don't know that's the plan. And you're saying the payers aren't executing on it, but maybe they are executing a different plan? And if they aren't executing the plan, how do you know what the plan is and it's not being executed?

My Translation of this:  "What in the fuck are we doing out there?"  LOL

16 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

Here we go kid line!  Time to shine and join the goal brigade this game!!!  All 3 come away with points.

14 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

KID LINE!  I called it in my pre-game prediction!

only because you kept bringing it up

%.333 with Kakko getting a big goal

Kakko's 1st in 13.

Chytil 0

Laf 0

Prior 2 games team score 13:

Chytil 1G 1A

Kakko 1A

Laf 0.0 (he's still killing it)

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don’t know what I just read. Maybe you really are GG and self criticism is the only way to try and throw people off the trail. P.S. You stink and should be doing better with this team.

• LMFAO 1

• Phil unpinned this topic

I don’t know what I just read. Maybe you really are GG and self criticism is the only way to try and throw people off the trail. P.S. You stink and should be doing better with this team.

• LMFAO 1

You dick. I had the bus stop line in my future arsenal for self deprecation. Now it’s ruined.

Bro you've been calling me GG, I had to strike back with the big guns. You took it too far and I had to retaliate. 

• LMFAO 1

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Third goal was a total clusterfuck as well.  What kind of coverage is that?  Fox was in no-man's land, and even though Lindgren got tripped up along the boards, SOMEBODY'S gotta see him wide open in front.

Rangers have been letting guys skate to the front of the net since well before Gallant, it's their M.O. By falling asleep (another M.O.), they make it to easy for the opposition to find room and create scoring chances. In all honesty, Carolina didn't create their scoring chances, the Rangers did.

• TroCheckmark 1