• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Alexis Lafreniere and the Rangers Reach a Critical Point

Pete

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

And you know any of this to be true how? Show me so,e evidence of this. Beat writer, insider, etc. anyone? 

Omg with this. Are you going to want beat writer quotes on everything???

Kakko had to be talked off the ledge by Kreider. He bounced back. Helped win the game. It's known fact that Kakko is very hard on himself.  

16 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Well, Im sure you read every post in the forum but you’re not being singled out for your opinion.  You’re not being focused on, you’re not given some special attention, etc.  I’m not sure where we are going with this. 

Looks like I'm going nowhere,  because any opinion I have seems to need beat writers takes to support my opinion according to you. 

"Man, Shestyorkin should have stopped that one. Looked a little slow on his reaction "

"Oh? Prove it."

It's a little much. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Omg with this. Are you going to want beat writer quotes on everything???

Kakko had to be talked off the ledge by Kreider. He bounced back. Helped win the game. It's known fact that Kakko is very hard on himself.  

If you keep saying wild things and present them as if there is truth to it with a narrative then yeah, I’m going to want to know where you’re getting this from. Because right now, most of what you’re saying can’t possibly be known by any of us and all it seems is that you are getting worked up on someone asking where you are getting this from.  

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

If you keep saying wild things and present them as if there is truth to it with a narrative then yeah, I’m going to want to know where you’re getting this from. Because right now, most of what you’re saying can’t possibly be known by any of us and all it seems is that you are getting worked up on someone asking where you are getting this from.  

??? 

Kakko isn't extremely hard on himself? Seriously? 

https://nypost.com/2019/10/23/kaapo-kakko-doubles-down-on-harsh-rangers-self-evaluation/

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/nhl/rangers/2022/12/23/postgame-takeaways-kaapo-kakkos-redemption-sends-ny-rangers-into-holiday-break-with-a-win/69751630007/

Kakko has struggled with confidence and is extremely hard on himself. He got benched then was given a chance and came through. 

This happened. I am not making this up. Stop. 

??? 

Kakko isn't extremely hard on himself? Seriously? 

Nope. I’m talking about this wild stuff about rocking the boat, giving a big F u to Gallant lol, laf being oblivious and not caring, there being a locker room divide, etc.  

Little if any of that can be substantiated. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

https://nypost.com/2019/10/23/kaapo-kakko-doubles-down-on-harsh-rangers-self-evaluation/

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/nhl/rangers/2022/12/23/postgame-takeaways-kaapo-kakkos-redemption-sends-ny-rangers-into-holiday-break-with-a-win/69751630007/

Kakko has struggled with confidence and is extremely hard on himself. He got benched then was given a chance and came through. 

This happened. I am not making this up. Stop. 

Lol I never said anything like what you’re suggesting. See above and try to stay on topic. I’ll be more clear to point out directly what wild things you say in the future. If you’re going to do the “stop “ stuff then at least try to use it correctly. 

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

Lol I never said anything like what you’re suggesting. See above and try to stay on topic. I’ll be more clear to point out directly what wild things you say in the future. If you’re going to do the “stop “ stuff then at least try to use it correctly. 

???

spacer.png

Dude . You're trolling. Knock it off.

6 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Nope. I’m talking about this wild stuff about rocking the boat, giving a big F u to Gallant lol, laf being oblivious and not caring, there being a locker room divide, etc.  

Little if any of that can be substantiated. 

Well when you quote me. Maybe say what it is that you say I'm making up. 

I guess we are not allowed to speculate anymore. 

Many here were speculating that there's a locker-room divide during the losing steak. There's a few threads here on it. Odd you weren't asking for receipts from everyone who said Gallant lost the room. 

200.gif

Well when you quote me. Maybe say what it is that you say I'm making up. 

I guess we are not allowed to speculate anymore. 

Many here were speculating that there's a locker-room divide during the losing steak. There's a few threads here on it. Odd you weren't asking for receipts from everyone who said Gallant lost the room. 

200.gif

It’s pretty simple. Things you say, when they are wild, really should have some evidentiary basis to that if asked for it. I’m not sure why it’s such a big deal. 

but lim glad you at least now are admitting it’s just you speculating and no basis on anything tangible. It’s just easier to say that in the first place. Cheers man. 

also, just a little tip to help with less confusion. When you respond like 3 times in a row to one message, it makes it awfully difficult to keep things in order. I thought it was pretty obvious that what I find wild with no factual basis was about Harpur rocking the boat, how he was throwing a big F u to Gallant, that there is a known divide a month ago, that laf is oblivious, etc.” 

but I do appreciate the reconfirming that Kakko also cares. LGR. 

On 1/22/2023 at 12:05 PM, Ozzy said:

Interesting chat with Rupper about Yukon:

I agree that if Laf gets through this “hump” some of these struggles may in the long run help him become a more complete player. And development is slow and yet slower when you’re not on a crappy team where you get 1st line and 1st PP minutes. 

where his positivity falls apart for me is that I’m not seeing the good plays that Rupp seems to be seeing. I see a guy who’s too slow both mentally and physically to play this game. 

I hope he’s right. I’m willing to be patient but I wanna see some thing for fucks sake.

Edited by siddious
  • Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

Ok....I'm drawing a line right here:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Enough fucking around!  This kid had a decent game last night;  He looked like he was part of the team, and fully involved.....way better than anything I've seen in past games.

He skated his ass off, and even Joe Mich observed that he was skating much better; "on his toes"...so to speak.  He went to the dirty areas of the ice, banged in a rebound, and made some plays winning a bunch of 50/50 pucks along the boards.

Not only CAN he do this, he WILL do this!!! 

And now's the time!  Time to build on this game, and become the player we all not only expected him to be, but NEED him to be going forward.

Even though we make fun of his silly shit, I think I speak for the lot of us when I say, Let's go Laf!!!!  Time to get this shit rockin' dude!!! 

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1
  • Believe 2

12 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Enough fucking around!  This kid had a decent game last night;  He looked like he was part of the team, and fully involved.....way better than anything I've seen in past games.

He skated his ass off, and even Joe Mich observed that he was skating much better; "on his toes"...so to speak.  He went to the dirty areas of the ice, banged in a rebound, and made some plays winning a bunch of 50/50 pucks along the boards.

And now's the time!  Time to build on this game, and become the player we all not only expected him to be, but NEED him to be going forward.

Even though we make fun of his silly shit, I think I speak for the lot of us when I say, Let's go Laf!!!!  Time to get this shit rockin' dude!!! 

That might have been Lafreniere's best game as a Ranger. And I hope he takes the lesson well - he's going to be rewarded handsomely if he works hard.

It's just so sad that we even need posts like this trying to convince each other that he's not a huge bust.

This guy's a first overall, and we're hoping that he can be a productive third liner and 40 point player. 

Confused Robert Downey Jr GIF

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

51 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

37 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

That might have been Lafreniere's best game as a Ranger. And I hope he takes the lesson well - he's going to be rewarded handsomely if he works hard.

I will also add what I posted in the power rankings earlier this morning when I moved him up two slots, because I think both of you are right about last night.

Outside of one crappy turnover that was lucky not to result in a goal, this was probably Lafreniere’s best game as a Ranger. I’ve never seen him that engaged, even during the 2nd half and playoffs last year. He actually looked like a decent skater last night too.

He was very "pesky" last night on the forecheck. His motor was going. He was challenging competitively for pucks. When he had the puck he was making plays, and keeping plays alive in the OZ. It would have been easy for Gallant to bench him after the turnover I mentioned, but similar to Gallant letting Kakko work through his turnover a couple of weeks ago (and he scored a goal in response later), Lafreniere had earned not to be taken off the ice after a turnover...and he scored a goal later. This was the first moment of optimism I've had about him this season since game 2. The game he played last night was more than "3rd line ceiling" quality.

• Keeps it 100 1

I think he gets a jump on the kid line, to be honest. He's always played his best alongside Kakko and Chytil. That line got two points each last night, and could've had another with Laf setting Kakko up across the crease early in the first. I personally see that line as inseparable. Play line limbo with the other three lines to figure it out, but leave these kids together. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Valriera said:

The expectation is he plays like he did last game every game, the reality is different is the problem

That's exactly the issue, Val!!  It's a "WILL" problem, not a "SKILL" problem.

This year is over halfway done, but next season his ass best be in shape...GREAT SHAPE!!!   ...and you can see last night he was skating hard.