• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #21] Rangers @ Anaheim Ducks — Ducks Tonight. Turkeys Tomorrow.

Morphinity 2.0

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

I don't think Domingue is very good either but it's worth a try. Halak is costing them every game he plays. 

Halak also played a couple of solid ones where the boys couldn't put the biscuit in the basket.

No doubt he lets in softy's but I don't think his record here is solely indicative of his bad play.

Ever since GG started f’ing around with rotating the goalies starting w/ the CBJ game the Rangers have sucked. 
No reason for Halak to start that game with the NYR with 2 days off before that game. 
These games should have been Rangers wins on paper

OT loss vs a winless team, SJ, Shesterkin in net

CBJ loss 5-1, Halak in net 

OT loss to Det, Halak in net

loss to Nashville Halak in net

loss last night vs a team w/o a regulation win, Halak in net

Guys this isn’t a complicated game to sort out. We had six posts in the game, Gibson made potentially two save of the year candidates, and halak let it in two unscreened shots from above the circles. Halak may have had one difficult save on the breakaway this game. 

It’s easy to look back and think what if but ultimately gallant needs to have scrutiny here. Just start shesty if theres rest to be had. Halak has cost the rangers every game he’s played, and sure if we score six goals it doesn’t matter but we played well enough to win this game and didn’t because the goalie 

19 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Guys this isn’t a complicated game to sort out. We had six posts in the game, Gibson made potentially two save of the year candidates, and halak let it in two unscreened shots from above the circles. Halak may have had one difficult save on the breakaway this game. 

It’s easy to look back and think what if but ultimately gallant needs to have scrutiny here. Just start shesty if theres rest to be had. Halak has cost the rangers every game he’s played, and sure if we score six goals it doesn’t matter but we played well enough to win this game and didn’t because the goalie 

Pointing finger at a single person for the loss is misleading, even if I agree with your points about Halak.

Doing so hides the inability of the offense to score more than two goals against a team, that on average gives up more than four goals per game. That and the defense with its turnovers in their defensive zone didn't help either to win this game.

The Rangers are still playing consistently inconsistent, where players just don't do much in games, while other times they look like a team hard to beat. In some games, they may look like that they "turned the corner", but that's just misperception. The more accurate perception is that they spinning out of control...

• Like 2

Panarin 2 goals in his last 16 games.  1 point in his last 7 games, an assist.  Have all the conversations you like about a league minimum backup goalie.  The $11.5M man. is failing this team just like he did in the playoffs.  This team needs a facelift and it's obvious where the money is in order to do that facelift.

19 minutes ago, Capt said:

Panarin 2 goals in his last 16 games.  1 point in his last 7 games, an assist.  Have all the conversations you like about a league minimum backup goalie.  The $11.5M man. is failing this team just like he did in the playoffs.  This team needs a facelift and it's obvious where the money is in order to do that facelift.

2 pts in his last 6 games, but your point remains. He needs to produce a lot more than that. I don’t agree he needs to be traded over a 6 game stretch though. He will be fine.

Let's see...A team that has yet to win in regulation this season.  Oh!!  here come the Rangers!!!

Yeah, no surprises here!

....And here are the Top 10 nominees for Ozzy’s Quote of the GDT, sponsored by Shady Brook Farms; I can smell that baby cooking already!!!

12 hours ago, Karan said:

Yup, and also unfortunately we were unable to acquire Mats Sundin. 

12 hours ago, Karan said:

It's probably gonna be one of those nights eh. Better have the hard liquor handy...

12 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

ANA fans are nervous. Arena so quiet you can hear the bathroom attendant taking a leak. 

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

Looks like he slept in some old 80s Firebird 🙂 

11 hours ago, Karan said:

I think we'd have a better shot of winning games with Valiquette in goal. 

11 hours ago, Pete said:

Halak is Yetish for scrub. 

11 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

At this point I’d take Dan Blackburn with his 2 blockers over Halak. 

11 hours ago, jsrangers said:

When he gets a clean break away he should just dump it in and head off for a change.

10 hours ago, Parsley said:

Oh well. 

Sleep. Booze. Turkey. Football.

The next 24 hours is set. Good night. 

2 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

It’s spicy pork time. 

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Karan, who's probably right!  I wouldn't mind seeing Valley in there at this point!

Yeah Halak was bad, but where the hell did our offense go?  Ahhh fuck it!

Happy Thanksgiving guys!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, NYRangers93 said:

Igor 10-2-3

Halak 0-5-1.

I miss Georgiev

Georgiev record last year after the first five games: 3-1-1, or seven points.

Add that to the 24 point points that the rangers currently have and you get 31 point. That 31 points would place the Rangers second place in the standing as of today, one point behind the Devils on the first place in the division.

Yeah, his point production is certainly missed, even if his personality is not…

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

2 pts in his last 6 games, but your point remains. He needs to produce a lot more than that. I don’t agree he needs to be traded over a 6 game stretch though. He will be fine.

I din't realize he got an assist last night.  Thank god for the meaningless 2nd assist or he'd have no points in the last 7.  

44 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

You're fine and mine are a totally different thing.  This is not the same player they had the first two years.  Last year he wasn't the same either.  People will say look at his points but anyone who watches this team and is honest knows he's not been the same player.  People even now try to say his playoffs were ok too because well look at the points.  This is a bad team.  Everything people complain about with this team is emphasized in Panarin's game.  

The Rangers need structure, compete, and will.  This team is not going to score it's way to a cup.  So they better get their shit together as a system.  They better learn to defend.  It's an effort to score goals so it might behoove them to make team's earn them too.  

It's really not about whether Panarin is a great player or not.  It's whether he's a fit to what the Rangers need. 

21 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

Georgiev record last year after the first five games: 3-1-1, or seven points.

Add that to the 24 point points that the rangers currently have and you get 31 point. That 31 points would place the Rangers second place in the standing as of today, one point behind the Devils on the first place in the division.

Yeah, his point production is certainly missed, even if his personality is not…

Incredibly misleading way of trying to prove a point in a skewed way. After those first 5 games last year for Georgiev, the Rangers scored 18 goals. Halal’s first 5 games this year the Rangers have scored 5. 7 if you include last nights and make it 6 games. Halak hasn’t been that great but they aren’t losing because of Halak. They are losing because they aren’t scoring. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Capt said:

You're fine and mine are a totally different thing.  This is not the same player they had the first two years.  Last year he wasn't the same either.  People will say look at his points but anyone who watches this team and is honest knows he's not been the same player.  People even now try to say his playoffs were ok too because well look at the points.  This is a bad team.  Everything people complain about with this team is emphasized in Panarin's game.  

The Rangers need structure, compete, and will.  This team is not going to score it's way to a cup.  So they better get their shit together as a system.  They better learn to defend.  It's an effort to score goals so it might behoove them to make team's earn them too.  

It's really not about whether Panarin is a great player or not.  It's whether he's a fit to what the Rangers need. 

I agree there's definitely something off with Panarin for the last season and a half or so. It could be a number of factors that we as fans aren't privy to, but certainly not the same player in his first two years.

The main difference I see is that in his first two years, he was really driving the play, getting into the key scoring areas and really putting linemates in a position to succeed with some unbelievable vision and accuracy. Versus now (and even last year's playoffs), while he was still putting in the effort, the same level of drive and creativity just isn't there. Now he seems content with getting into position and distributing the puck and hoping for the best or expecting linemates to do much of the leg work, regardless of whether they're in good position to receive the pass or in a scoring position. Obviously the big selling point of Panarin is that his elite vision/playmaking abilities were supposed to make his linemates better and drive up scoring. But when he stops doing that, we just don't have the skill/eliteness on his line to pick up the slack.

In short, we cannot afford Panarin to be a passenger on his line. He must get back to being the driver.

39 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Incredibly misleading way of trying to prove a point in a skewed way. After those first 5 games last year for Georgiev, the Rangers scored 18 goals. Halal’s first 5 games this year the Rangers have scored 5. 7 if you include last nights and make it 6 games. Halak hasn’t been that great but they aren’t losing because of Halak. They are losing because they aren’t scoring. 

100%.

7 goals in 6 games will get you to 0-6 pretty easily.

• Bullseye 2

I’m not here to beat up halak for his play here so far. We lost a game for him that we should have won two starts ago. Tonight was an easy goalie night and he blew it, that’s all this game was. Yeah we only scored two. This was an easy 2-0. We hit six goal posts. The team played very well in front of him last night and he blew this game. 

5 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Halak also played a couple of solid ones where the boys couldn't put the biscuit in the basket.

No doubt he lets in softy's but I don't think his record here is solely indicative of his bad play.

He's given up 11 of 12 points. There are always extenuating circumstances. He's not been good.

Georgiev is 9-2 this season and we all complained about him all year last year. You can say we aren't Colorado but at the end of the day, they only got one step further than we did last year.

I don't think we could grab a backup that we wouldn't complain about. I miss Talbot and Raanta. Both of which competed very well here.

Let's give Domingue a shot.

I continue to not see any value of the "posts".  Sitting here yelling oh, shit almost has lost its luster a long time ago. There's no solace in them for me. Same way I agree Halak has been junk but putting up 7 goals in his 6 starts or whatever it was/is is beyond pathetic.  They have no spine or much of one, just listening to Zib and Trochek after the game was cringe worthy again (Krieder and Trouba the same in the recent loses as well). They don't have a single answer and were so aggravated by the questions it was amusing. Almost with a how dare you.They all deserve the scrutiny from the top down. I get the impression they believe they have earned a free pass and are above it all.  Then there's the coach saying we're fine, nothing to see here move along. 

Edited by jsrangers

3 hours ago, Keirik said:

Skewed, yes, but that does not mean it’s not true as far as the points are concerned. Even if I agree with you…

https://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com/topic/22086-rs-21-rangers-anaheim-ducks-—-ducks-tonight-turkeys-tomorrow/?do=findComment&comment=943452