• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #21] Rangers @ Anaheim Ducks — Ducks Tonight. Turkeys Tomorrow.

Morphinity 2.0

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

There is no doubt that Halak isn’t giving them the best chance to win but in his 6 games here, the Rangers have scored 7 goals. That’s no recipe for success with a backup. 

Which is why I'm seriously beginning to question the finishing abilities of this team, as it makes no sense that they're 3rd in the league in xGF. 

1 minute ago, Karan said:

Anaheim has the worst GA in the league...how the fuck did the Rangers not score at least 4-5 on them tonight is baffling. They've been getting lit up all season. 

Gibson was good, and also very lucky, but not nearly enough creativity on offense and just doing the little things. 

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

10 games with no goal from Panarin.

Im sorry, but that’s just not good enough. 

2 goals on the season from Lafreniere? Listen, I defend him more than most. But again, not even close to good enough.

They have to be annoyed with Lafreniere. He's not showing nearly enough, gets winded easily and is always falling down. Bad.

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

No puck luck. How many posts did they hit tonight? This vibe is the complete opposite of last year. It's evening out now.

I get the puck luck argument or goalie standing on his head, but it's becoming far too common of an issue to be just that. I don't know if it's the system by the coaching staff or these players are just in their heads, but looking at other games around the league, I don't see any other team struggling to score as much as the Rangers with the amount of scoring chances we get.

Bummer to not finish out the road trip with a win.  Overall good results.

Thu, Nov 17 @Seattle 9:00 PM 1 pt, OT loss

Sat, Nov 19 @San Jose 9:30 PM 2 pt, W

Tue, Nov 22 @Los Angeles 9:30 PM 2 pt, W

Wed, Nov 23 @Anaheim 9:00 PM 0 pt, L

Total = 5 points

We had 7 winners for 

Rep Bet: Ranger Points on Road Trip Nov 17-23.

If you participated, please dish out some rep - the winners should already have got rep from me.

Happy thanksgiving!

Just now, Karan said:

I get the puck luck argument or goalie standing on his head, but it's becoming far too common of an issue to be just that. I don't know if it's the system by the coaching staff or these players are just in their heads, but looking at other games around the league, I don't see any other team struggling to score as much as the Rangers with the amount of scoring chances we get.

Yeah, I think the puck luck thing is fair, but we're 21 games into the season now. Maybe they just can't close?

6 minutes ago, Keirik said:

There is no doubt that Halak isn’t giving them the best chance to win but in his 6 games here, the Rangers have scored 7 goals. That’s no recipe for success with a backup. 

It’s all true, but starting Halak was borderline indefensible tonight. It’s not hard for the coach to read the room for once. He apparently relishes the thought of making it as hard as possible to gain momentum and confidence for a team that is clearly struggling to score on their chances.

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Amazing considering Alf is 5th among forwards TOI on the team.

2 goals this year. TWO. 

Man, if the kid doesn't have a huge second half of the season, he's slowly regressing to the dreaded 'bust' category...

2 minutes ago, fletch said:

Bummer to not finish out the road trip with a win.  Overall good results.

Thu, Nov 17 @Seattle 9:00 PM 1 pt, OT loss

Sat, Nov 19 @San Jose 9:30 PM 2 pt, W

Tue, Nov 22 @Los Angeles 9:30 PM 2 pt, W

Wed, Nov 23 @Anaheim 9:00 PM 0 pt, L

Total = 5 points

We had 7 winners for 

Rep Bet: Ranger Points on Road Trip Nov 17-23.

If you participated, please dish out some rep - the winners should already have got rep from me.

Happy thanksgiving!

It was an OK trip at best. I can deal with losing to Seattle, but totally wrecked what good vibes they mustered from the last two wins.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yes. Even though Halak stunk, you should be scoring more than two goals against this team. Again, almost zero luck luck so far. They still play hard and are in it most nights. Pucks that went in last year are getting stopped or hitting posts.

I dunno. I honestly don't think they played hard. Top 6 stunk. Top 4 on D weren't all that good either. The Rangers loosely controlled the play, but really didn't have many top notch scoring chances.

Zibanejad wasn't into the game. Didn't give enough effort. Trochek shoots blindly from anywhere. Panarin is twisted and is producing but now looks like playoff Panarin.  I don't think I've seen Kreider play the least bit physical allll season. The kid line looks like they are gaining momentum,  then  they hardly see the ice. Lafrenière is avoiding contact and doesn't know what the front of the net looks like. He's constantly stuck along the boards. Total perimeter play. I think he's pouting about losing his spot with Panarin. 

Goodrows goal was a product of the hard work of Gauthier extending that shift. Otherwise, he was invisible on the 2nd line. 

Just now, rmc51 said:

It’s all true, but starting Halak was borderline indefensible tonight. It’s not hard for the coach to read the room for once. He apparently relishes the thought of making it as hard as possible to gain momentum and confidence for a team that is clearly struggling to score on their chances.

They're creating, but the whole vibe with this group just seems off to me. I don't know if they're feeling it with Gallant anymore. Maybe there are some problems in the room. There have been a few bright spots, but the team just feels weird.

2 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

No disagreement from me. At some point he has to ride Shesty. 

Just now, The Dude said:

I dunno. I honestly don't think they played hard. Top 6 stunk. Top 4 on D weren't all that good either. The Rangers loosely controlled the play, but really didn't have many top notch scoring chances.

Zibanejad wasn't into the game. Didn't give enough effort. Trochek shoots blindly from anywhere. Panarin is twisted and is producing but now looks like playoff Panarin.  I don't think I've seen Kreider play the least bit physical allll season. The kid line looks like they are gaining momentum,  then  they hardly see the ice. Lafrenière is avoiding contact and doesn't know what the front of the net looks like. He's constantly stuck along the boards. Total perimeter play. I think he's pouting about losing his spot with Panarin. 

Goodrows goal was a product of the hard work of Gauthier extending that shift. Otherwise, he was invisible on the 2nd line. 

Despite that they should've won tonight. lol Five or six posts, was it? Overall though, I haven't had a problem with them not playing hard. The team defense has taken a step back, and there's regression in other players and areas too.

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Unpopular opinion.  I deal Miller as the centerpiece for Kane. What happened with this kid?

Ended last season on a roll. Had a preseason that had us all bonerized  Now and the last 15 or so games? Just lackadaisical and not skating or doing anything good with the puck.  

Miller's not the problem.  His partner is the problem right now.

5 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

He's on pace for maybe 10 or 12 goals this year. With how he finished the year last season, to this? Yikes.

Ahhhh butt he ranks 5th on the team in even strength goals over the last 4 years. It can't be HIM. Just be patient. 

I totally made that stat up BTW. Though it sounds correct. 

46 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Miller's not the problem.  His partner is the problem right now.

They both equally stink, but atleast with Trouba, you get a hit here and there as well as shots on goal. Miller is gliding around and being lazy with the puck. His shot selection doesn't exist lately. He'll lightly float some in here or there, but he's not doing anything good with the puck.

Seems disengaged more so than the rest of the D. I'll have to watch him a bit more carefully.