• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Puzzling Kaapo Kakko Scratch Clouds His Rangers Future

Phil

Tough lesson for the kid and hopefully he sees it as such:

1. We all know GG messed it up. Strome should never have played that game. I don't care who he scratched in place of him. 

2. GG owes KK nothing. If you don't like the feeling of being scratched, then get better. Work harder, and don't make it so that your name comes up in that situation again. You're not entitled to anything, no matter where you are in your career.

KK can control #2. There will be other coaches here when he is a ranger. He can be better. He can't control #1. 

• Bullseye 1

8 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Can somebody let me know if he shaved his beard off I can't tell, only looking on a 15 inch screen. TIA.

Good answer kid, let's see it.

Edited by jsrangers

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Makes me want him here even more. You can tell he's the kind of kid who would benefit from a chip on their shoulder. 

Agree 100%. Great, mature response from the kid. It couldn't have been easy for him to show up to the rink and not see his name in the lineup. Whatever his emotions were at the time, he clearly got into the right mindset before talking with the media about it. He handled it superbly.

15 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

He needs someone to piss in his cheerios. Even if he’s not a physical presence, he still plays a soft game. Being more direct and using his size to his advantage will do wonders for his game and overall production. 

For allergy reasons that’s a no go 

• LOL 1

I know it sucks for him, but I honestly don’t know if there was a better way for him to go into the summer than this way. Whether it was necessarily deserved or not (the scratch), hopefully this motivates him and as others have said, puts a major chip on his shoulder. I could be wrong, but was this his first healthy scratch? If so, could imagine first time in his hockey life he was told, “nah you can sit, we got better players.” Can’t imagine that would sit well with him.

Listen, we need him. We need him to hit his stride here big time. And fast. He’s been around. He knows the league. He knows he can produce better, and we need it to happen to take the next step. He’s still young, I still believe in this kid. I hope this is the shove he needed.

• Like 1

Something or someone needed to light a fire under this kid's ass.  I really like this kid, and see SO MUCH potential in him.  I think he plays way too timidly for a guy who looks like he's going to be an absolute beast.  Maybe this is the boot in the ass he needs to get his head on straight and his shit in gear.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

"I support the decision"....I don't agree with it, but I support my coach and it was his call.

That's how I read it, too. "I wouldn't have done this, but it wasn't my call."

• Bullseye 1

Why? You ruined our chances! Are you serious? Gerard going along wants to keep his job. Chris made the decision I’m sure. Not even analytics rather Pure Primitive hatred aggression towards the kid. He’ll never sign with you Chris and you probably know it that’s why you scratched him.  It’s unbelievable. And now you think you can bury the truth. Why isn’t the press jumping all over this? Break up the kid line to PUNISH KAAPO? What about the fans ELIMINATION game !!!! 
OR maybe a Dbag higher up than C.D.

Edited by June1994
Added