• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Puzzling Kaapo Kakko Scratch Clouds His Rangers Future

Phil

12 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I don't think Drury is overstepping the coach, and if he were even trying to, Gallant is the kind of guy who is going to tell him to go fuck himself and play his own lineup anyway.

Meh. Ask Kravtsov about that...

Not that I think Drury did anything here. Not sure why he'd have something against Kakko. 

Edited by The Dude

37 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I don't think Drury is overstepping the coach, and if he were even trying to, Gallant is the kind of guy who is going to tell him to go fuck himself and play his own lineup anyway.

Don’t so Not after telling Florida that and having to call a cab in Carolina. 
Let’s stay focused. It made NO SENSE scratching KK 
I’m certainly not the only Rangers fan that wants to say F this I’m finished with the bs 

This is a bit too much head in sand conspiracy theory for my tastes. GG already said it was his choice to try and win. Drury said he supports the coach, not necessarily the decision. Kakko said he didn’t like it and it makes him want to work harder. Kakko, while playing okay, was not the magic missing piece to win a hockey game for us. He didn’t produce much at all overall. 

This is a non-issue unless GG continues to go rogue and not play the best roster in the future. It was game 6 after losing 3 straight. 

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

Why is everyone talking about the future!!!!!??? He was scratched scratched scratched in an ELIMINATION GAME 2 days ago and your fine with that!!?? He wasn’t allowed to play 2 days ago!!!! WHY

OUR CHANCES OF WINNING A STANLEY CUP WERE REDUCED! We had Better BETTER ODDS PROVEN RECORED HIGHER PERCENTAGES OF HIS LINE SCORING A GOAL GOAL A GOAL OR MORE!!! The future with these decisions after a season plus of supporting The New York Rangers 

that’s a HUGE F U TO THE FANS

9 minutes ago, June1994 said:

Why is everyone talking about the future!!!!!??? He was scratched scratched scratched in an ELIMINATION GAME 2 days ago and your fine with that!!?? He wasn’t allowed to play 2 days ago!!!! WHY

OUR CHANCES OF WINNING A STANLEY CUP WERE REDUCED! We had Better BETTER ODDS PROVEN RECORED HIGHER PERCENTAGES OF HIS LINE SCORING A GOAL GOAL A GOAL OR MORE!!! The future with these decisions after a season plus of supporting The New York Rangers 

that’s a HUGE F U TO THE FANS

Kappo, it's okay, you'll get another crack at it next season. It's a nice city, enjoy the summer. 

I hope you were serious about putting the work in and making sure you'll never get scratched again. 

• LOL 2
  • LMFAO 3

Or lost to a better team who's been there and done that. We blew our load in game 3 and from then on I don't think it mattered much what Turk said this group had a fork stuck in them. They were dead man walking.  Not sure what coaches aren't being out coached by Copper these days nor do I believe that if Cooper coached this group would he suddenly instill magical shit that would cure all the weakness we saw all season long catch up to this group.  This group had a lot to learn, some of it painful lessons.  Again congrats to Chytil for the magical handful of games.  Let's see what happens with all 3 next season and IF they truly come to play at a higher level from the drop of the puck.  Honestly, we can go back and forth on what Kakko is all summer. For now he's the guy who got sat in an elimination game.  

On 6/13/2022 at 4:22 PM, Capt said:

Trying to win a hockey game is dressing Dryden Hunt?  Why not dress McKegg?  If GG truly believes that Hunt is an upgrade over KK then something is drastically wrong here

It wasn’t GH who made the decision I believe. CD or higher 

1 hour ago, Cash or Czech said:

This is a bit too much head in sand conspiracy theory for my tastes. GG already said it was his choice to try and win. Drury said he supports the coach, not necessarily the decision. Kakko said he didn’t like it and it makes him want to work harder. Kakko, while playing okay, was not the magic missing piece to win a hockey game for us. He didn’t produce much at all overall. 

This is a non-issue unless GG continues to go rogue and not play the best roster in the future. It was game 6 after losing 3 straight. 

Completely disagree Completely 

1 hour ago, Cash or Czech said:

Might as well lose

2 hours ago, rmc51 said:

So why did Gallant scratch Kaapo?

1 hour ago, josh said:

Panic move from a coach that was backed into a corner from being out coached and getting no response from his team when asked to do the simple things for 3 straight games 

Panic move, I Agree !!! Along with confusion anxiety fear Anger Basic loss of reality Fear of success perhaps Unconsciously Freudian Death wish perhaps just thinking…Panic 👍

Just now, June1994 said:

Panic move, I Agree !!! Along with confusion anxiety fear Anger Basic loss of reality Fear of success perhaps Unconsciously Freudian Death wish perhaps just thinking…Panic 👍

Exhaustion 20 games in 40 days 

human error 

Chytil was scoring goals, 7 in 20 games most of them in a handful of those games. Kakko and Laf had 2 each in 39 combined games.  Nobody was scoring, Kakko has no history of scoring ability in the NHL to date, you have to squint incredibly hard to say you've (not you personally) seen him show any kind of scoring prowess. Well, there was that one game against the flyers. 

They didn't lose the game because he got scratched, haven't seen this kind of passion for a marginally talented player since our man @Dude and Gauthier. 

I hope the kid comes back with an attitude and plays with emotion and becomes the player we were sold coming into the draft. We haven't seen that player, yet. 

Kid line had 10 goals for and 5 against five on five during the playoffs.  It was as if GG was always looking for a reason to break them up.  It was as if Gallant was looking for a way to get some cab fare...

He's had a short fuse with some of the young players.  Jones is a good example.

• Like 1