• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Stanley Cup Final: Avalanche vs. Lightning

Phil

Who wins the Cup?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

Honestly the story of this years playoffs is how absolute shit the officiating has been and it’s getting old. The nfl fixed their refereeing issues by taking a lot of judgment out of the call and changed some of the rules. The nhl needs to do the same.

• Keeps it 100 3

1 hour ago, rmc51 said:

Would be pretty surprised if it doesn’t go 7

Yeah same. No idea why people were writing off Tampa so easily before tonight's game. I figured they were going to win tonight then take game 6 and have it be a flip of a coin for game 7 

47 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Yeah same. No idea why people were writing off Tampa so easily before tonight's game. I figured they were going to win tonight then take game 6 and have it be a flip of a coin for game 7 

This should've been over in 5. TBL got a fair bit of assistance with dodgy officiating tonight. I don't see Colorado letting Game 6 slip though. I expect them to come out and dominate that game, despite the refs best efforts to take this to 7. I don't see this series ending in a coin flip lol 

Edited by Karan

27 minutes ago, Karan said:

This should've been over in 5. TBL got a fair bit of assistance with dodgy officiating tonight. I don't see Colorado letting Game 6 slip though. I expect them to come out and dominate that game, despite the refs best efforts to take this to 7. I don't see this series ending in a coin flip lol 

Is it anything like the refs best effort to let Colorado score with 7 men on the ice in the last game? 

😛

• LMFAO 1

54 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Is it anything like the refs best effort to let Colorado score with 7 men on the ice in the last game? 

😛

Irrelevant. Had absolutely nothing to do with the play or the eventual goal. 😂 Even Stevie Wonder would've noticed all the buttering up that "Coop" has been doing all regular season, has been paying off for his team the entire playoffs. The guy is one greasy car salesman when it comes to "officials management" but it's rather easy to see through. 

• Keeps it 100 1

9 hours ago, Karan said:

Irrelevant. Had absolutely nothing to do with the play or the eventual goal. 😂 Even Stevie Wonder would've noticed all the buttering up that "Coop" has been doing all regular season, has been paying off for his team the entire playoffs. The guy is one greasy car salesman when it comes to "officials management" but it's rather easy to see through. 

Sure it did. Kadri was the extra guy coming onto the ice much earlier while MacKinnon was still across the ice coming in for the change. Kadri literally skates past MacKinnon to accept a pass and drive to the net. It’s a blown call. I don’t care that it happened but to ignore it is a bit weird to me. 

11 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Sure it did. Kadri was the extra guy coming onto the ice much earlier while MacKinnon was still across the ice coming in for the change. Kadri literally skates past MacKinnon to accept a pass and drive to the net. It’s a blown call. I don’t care that it happened but to ignore it is a bit weird to me. 

Huh? Man that was unlikely to be called for too-many-men even in a regular season game lol It had no bearing on the end result of the game. It's only getting eyeballs because of Coop's hypocritical whining when things don't go his way, as per usual though.

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't get the Cooper hate. Guy is a great coach, the Rangers will be lucky to have somebody like him behind the bench. (that's not a knock on GG, just saying Cooper could coach my team anytime.)

Oh he's a great technical coach no question, in the same vein that Crosby is a legendary player but still has a proficiency for buttering up and whining to the officials to ensure 50-50 marginal calls go their way.

Edited by Karan

16 minutes ago, Karan said:

Oh he's a great technical coach no question, in the same vein that Crosby is a legendary player but still has a proficiency for buttering up and whining to the officials to ensure 50-50 marginal calls go their way.

That just sounds smart to me. 

• LMFAO 1

16 minutes ago, Karan said:

Huh? Man that was unlikely to be called for too-many-men even in a regular season game lol It had no bearing on the end result of the game. It's only getting eyeballs because of Coop's hypocritical whining when things don't go his way, as per usual though.

I don’t know what to tell ya. I see it very different. I’m not sure what the confusion is. Kadri jumps on the ice while Mac is still in the middle of the ice, engages in the play,  Mac still on the ice, Colorado has possession the whole time, Kadri accepts the pass and enters the zone STILL BEFORE Mac is even off the ice. 

it’s a missed call. Doesn’t matter playoffs, regular season, etc. it’s a missed call in every situation. 

7 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I don’t know what to tell ya. I see it very different. I’m not sure what the confusion is. Kadri jumps on the ice while Mac is still in the middle of the ice, engages in the play,  Mac still on the ice, Colorado has possession the whole time, Kadri accepts the pass and enters the zone STILL BEFORE Mac is even off the ice. 

it’s a missed call. Doesn’t matter playoffs, regular season, etc. it’s a missed call in every situation. 

Well however you need to spin it there bub to support whatever point you're trying to make is fine with me lol Still a non-issue in that it doesn't negate all the whining and buttering up Coop does all season as part of his "officials management" to get those marginal 50-50 calls to go his way.

I get that it might seem "smart" to some. But to me it's like, if your team is so good, maybe just fuck off with that shit and focus on your job, you know if you're so great and all. 

1 minute ago, Karan said:

Well however you need to spin it there bub to support whatever point you're trying to make is fine with me lol Still a non-issue in that it doesn't negate all the whining and buttering up Coop does all season as part of his "officials management" to get those marginal 50-50 calls to go his way.

I get that it might seem "smart" to some. But to me it's like, if your team is so good, maybe just fuck off with that shit and focus on your job, you know if you're so great and all. 

I’m not spinning anything. I’m just giving my opinion from watching the play. If we are going to call opinions “spinning” then I guess we can all say that to each other on every post, no? 

Look, I’m not a pro Lightning guy or anything. I could not care less who wins this series. I just want to see a 7th game. I thought it was an obvious missed call that was magnified because it directly led to the game winning goal. Kadri is on and accepts a pass while Mac still isn’t even off the ice. We are livid when crap like that happens to us. I’m just calling it how I see it. 

11 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I’m not spinning anything. I’m just giving my opinion from watching the play. If we are going to call opinions “spinning” then I guess we can all say that to each other on every post, no? 

Look, I’m not a pro Lightning guy or anything. I could not care less who wins this series. I just want to see a 7th game. I thought it was an obvious missed call that was magnified because it directly led to the game winning goal. Kadri is on and accepts a pass while Mac still isn’t even off the ice. We are livid when crap like that happens to us. I’m just calling it how I see it. 

Well it's a fair point that it might be a missed call if we're going by the wording of the rule book. But in the real world, I think we all know those penalties don't consistently get called, it's not like a puck over the glass. I would not be livid if that happened to us. That's how she goes with those kinda calls, unless of course it's more blatant where all 6 skaters are in the middle of the ice and involved in the play. That was the definition of a marginal 50-50 call, which is what I'm saying Coop almost expects to go his way after all the buttering up he does throughout the season, and then whines about it when they don't. It's like just fuck off with that shit, these things even themselves up over the course of the season, so just accept that and get on with doing the job you're supposedly so 'great' at.

Edited by Karan

2 hours ago, Karan said:

Isn't that what you want your coach to do? 

• Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1