• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Stanley Cup Final: Avalanche vs. Lightning

Phil

Who wins the Cup?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

Colorado is really taking it to them. This overtime has been all Avs. They’ve hit the bar twice.

Yeah COL has really been bringing it this OT. Impressive intensity and pace, and the chances they're generating. Thing is, TBL is so capable of scoring off an innocent looking shot on a counter rush. 

BOOM! 3-1.

TBL gets caught flat footed on an ill-timed line change and Kadri with a beauty of a shot. Man, COL has some crazy depth with all their game breakers and incredible intensity in this OT. No way the Rangers would've been able to sustain that level of offensive zone time and pressure. Well deserved OT win.

Edited by Karan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wtf was the referee McCauley (sp) looking at there to not see the puck was buried in the top of the net. Holy hell.  He probably still doesn't realize it even at this point. 

Edited by jsrangers
  • Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

So Cooper abruptly ended his press conference after one question, called the loss heartbreaking and went on to say his heart breaks for the players because they probably should still be playing. He said “you’ll know what I mean when you see the winning goal.”

Lots of speculation about it potentially being a missed too many men on the ice penalty for Colorado.

Regardless, to me, he seemed like a beaten man. He always exudes confidence and if you go and watch this interview, he elaborates about how proud he has been of the run, how in this league and in this era, sustained success is hard especially in a cap era, etc. He basically was saying what I’d expect to hear following a series loss; not this game. Maybe he just sees that this team may finally be a little low on gas going up against a fresh, young, fast team? If so, no shame. Obviously quite a run if it does end Friday. But, he seemed genuinely shaken by this loss. I don’t know if it’s heartbreak because he know this is going to be an almost impossible hill to climb or because he’s upset over the missed call on the GWG.

Guess we’ll see tomorrow. He said he’s going to catch up with the media tomorrow.

@RealKyper: The @NHL is aware that Jon Cooper’s post game issue stems from his feelings that Kadri made an illegal line change.  That he jumped on the ice way too early to replace MacKinnon

Edited by jsrangers

Tough luck. I have zero fucking sympathy for Cooper and his bunch. This coach butters up the officials throughout the entire season, and they routinely have tons of calls go their way as they proceed to maul and hack other teams through their last 3 playoff runs. Get ready to pack up your fucking gear on Friday and enjoy some of that Tampa sunshine on the golf courses. 

I've seen some other shots that make it clear it was too many men.  The guy was not off the ice yet and his replacement was 60 feet into the game.

Colo was sufficiently dominating that the chances that they would have won anyway were about 90 percent.

I miss goal judges.  One would have caught the puck going in or at least immediately seen it lodged in the net and turned the light on.  

I mean I get it but the player coming off there is completely out of the play trying to get in the bench. Silly to be upset about that it had nothing to do with anything. Tbl got smoked that ot and this play had nothing to do with it. 

it’s one thing if the 6 caused any sort of advantage but they didn’t 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

How the fuck does We McCauley still have his job off his awful work in the TB/NYR series? He's really bad at it, so of course the NHL assigns him to a Finals game. 

8 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

How the fuck did Wes McCauley not see that puck? 

• Keeps it 100 1

I put money on the Avs winning the cup when MacKinnon slashed the lineman with no repercussions. It’s been pretty obvious for the last 2 seasons what the NHL has been trying to do. 

beating Penguins, Canes, Lightning, Avs would have gotten the rangers kicked out of the league 

Just now, Nashley Tisdale said:

All the goals have 6 COL on the ice. 35 is the goalie... 

Just left of the #1 in the picture is the other player, Morph.  I had to look closer too...I didn't catch it at first either.