• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Stanley Cup Final: Avalanche vs. Lightning

Phil

Who wins the Cup?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

I  believe that pulling goalies has become too much of a standard practice in recent years, so I respect Cooper, but in the midst of a long playoff run, where a goalie starts every game, and there is no chance of winning after two periods, you should give the guy a rest.  Imagine if Vas pulled a muscle or something while down 7-0.

5 hours ago, Sod16 said:

I  believe that pulling goalies has become too much of a standard practice in recent years, so I respect Cooper, but in the midst of a long playoff run, where a goalie starts every game, and there is no chance of winning after two periods, you should give the guy a rest.  Imagine if Vas pulled a muscle or something while down 7-0.

Dude had a LONGGG lay off before the ranger series and multiple days before this on started. Fatigue wasn't the issue; he just had an off night. Looks familiar.....then the Bolts went on a 4 game tear.

Watch out for the next few games!

I’m torn. Part of me says Tampa just did this to us, and has that Championship pedigree and to never count them out. And part of me says that by late in the 2nd period of Game 2 against us, they began to find their legs and even though they lost and got off to a 50-50 start with us in Game 3, that they had found their footing. Our mistake was letting them off the mat at 2-0 in Game 3 in a tight game.

But right now? Colorado is just blowing them out of the water. Like…men against boys type of shit.

Its not over. Until Tampa loses at home, all the Avs have done is their job of holding serve. But, yeah. Yikes. That was pretty fucking decisive. 

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

12 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Avs don’t bother because if they win…..no one cares or remembers. Sort of like the Blues. I don’t remember a damn thing about that Cup Finals. 

I'm not so sure. The Avs are built for long term, dynasty type success. The Blues were not. The Avs are likely to win multiple Cups during their window, and the Rangers may very well have to beat them in the not-to-distant future for a Cup win....

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Parsley said:

Avs don’t bother because if they win…..no one cares or remembers. Sort of like the Blues. I don’t remember a damn thing about that Cup Finals. 

I had forgotten who they even played in the final. I had to look it up to see it was the Bruins. When I think about it I do remember Marchand crying like a little girl. 😁

Edited by Abe Froman
  • LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1

2 hours ago, rmc51 said:

I'm not so sure. The Avs are built for long term, dynasty type success. The Blues were not. The Avs are likely to win multiple Cups during their window, and the Rangers may very well have to beat them in the not-to-distant future for a Cup win....

True. If they play like they have so far. Quite likely. 

On 6/19/2022 at 8:14 AM, RichieNextel305 said:

I’m torn. Part of me says Tampa just did this to us, and has that Championship pedigree and to never count them out. And part of me says that by late in the 2nd period of Game 2 against us, they began to find their legs and even though they lost and got off to a 50-50 start with us in Game 3, that they had found their footing. Our mistake was letting them off the mat at 2-0 in Game 3 in a tight game.

But right now? Colorado is just blowing them out of the water. Like…men against boys type of shit.

Its not over. Until Tampa loses at home, all the Avs have done is their job of holding serve. But, yeah. Yikes. That was pretty fucking decisive. 

Absolutely, Colorado doesn't seem to make the same mistakes we were making. Even in the games we won, Tampa outshot us. 

But in this game 2, Colorado only gave up 17 shots? Did Kuemper even get challenged? He's good, but he's not Patrick Roy. Tampa's defense is not keeping up with Colorado's speed, which what we should've done all last series: Make. Them. Skate.