• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Stanley Cup Final: Avalanche vs. Lightning

Phil

Who wins the Cup?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

28 minutes ago, Karan said:

16-4, 0.800 winning percentage. When was the last time a team had such a dominant run to the Cup? 

And on the flip side, look at what Tampa had to endure. When was the last time a team faced 4 teams that had 110+ points in the regular season?

Listen, we’re all Ranger fans. We all obviously would have loved seeing us in this Cup Final. But these 2 giants of teams earned their way there. Tampa for the obvious reasons, and Colorado has dealt with the heartbreak and put in the time. If anyone was going to knock off this dynasty-before-it-became-a-dynasty, it might as well be a team that’s as insanely talented as Colorado.

Colorado ran train. Tampa would have needed to beat 4 110+ point teams. This was a Final that both teams deserved to be in. 

Edited by RichieNextel305

Watching Colo throw a wet towel on Tampa in the 3rd period made me feel we're a long way from winning the cup.  On the other hand, the fact that a team can win the cup with Jack Johnson playing a regular shift makes me optimistic.

8 hours ago, Keirik said:

I've gone through this a few times. Fox should be making about 2m less. I'm less worried about buying Ufa years in the future when we have a flat cap now. 

Just my opinion. 

Absolutely valid. My opinion shifts to that compared to McAvoy ($9.5m), Seth Jones ($9.5m), Karlsson ($11.5m), Nurse ($9.25m), Pietrangelo ($8.8m), and others that we got a pretty good deal all things considered. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Sod16 said:

Watching Colo throw a wet towel on Tampa in the 3rd period made me feel we're a long way from winning the cup.  On the other hand, the fact that a team can win the cup with Jack Johnson playing a regular shift makes me optimistic.

Johnson wasn’t any better with the Rangers than Nemeth was. There couldn’t possibly be a bigger indictment than that, that the Rangers don’t and haven’t played with nearly enough structure. Structure hides those guys well enough. Tampa hid Cernak, Bogosian, Rutta. None of those guys are very good. They would be negative players on the Rangers.

Gallant has his work cut out for him, and so do the players. They need to buy in.

2 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Idk why everyone is getting so mad at this. It's the equipment manager's job to have his stick ready. He's lost in space, meanwhile Kucherov is trying to tie up Game 6 of the SCF with 30 seconds left - and now he can't stay on the ice. 

Should Kucherov just stand there at the bench like, "It's okay bud, just take your time, I'll be waiting here!"

• Bullseye 3

11 minutes ago, Nashley Tisdale said:

Idk why everyone is getting so mad at this. It's the equipment manager's job to have his stick ready. He's lost in space, meanwhile Kucherov is trying to tie up Game 6 of the SCF with 30 seconds left - and now he can't stay on the ice. 

Should Kucherov just stand there at the bench like, "It's okay bud, just take your time, I'll be waiting here!"

Exactly what's he supposed to do? Kucherov is just doing his job and the equipment manager is not doing his. He literally can't play without a stick - it's not quitting. 

31 minutes ago, Nashley Tisdale said:

19 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Exactly what's he supposed to do? Kucherov is just doing his job and the equipment manager is not doing his. He literally can't play without a stick - it's not quitting. 

Personally what I would say is keep your gloves on and grab a lefty stick from someone on the bench. 

27 minutes ago, Valriera said:

What was that guy doing besides being a spectator? No excuse why his stick wasn't ready. Kuch is a competitor and I don't blame him for being livid.

• Phil unpinned this topic
37 minutes ago, Nashley Tisdale said:

Sure, but all I'm saying is in heat of the moment he was rightfully pissed because his equipment manager fucked up at a bad time. 

I understand that, but, really? This is Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals, you're on the brink of elimination and you basically rage quit by throwing your gloves on the bench? This was just an example of the Lightning making it too hard on themselves. 

51 minutes ago, Nashley Tisdale said:

Sure, but all I'm saying is in heat of the moment he was rightfully pissed because his equipment manager fucked up at a bad time. 

Yea, shit happens. You win and lose as a team. I'd understand if he started yelling expletives. But to have a full on tantrum/meltown like a child at a peewee game is not a good look for a player of his stature, or any pro for that matter. 

If anything, I think this was Kucherov's own frustration at himself coming out. He was simply not good enough in that game. Probably his weakest performance of the series.

Edited by Karan
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, Nashley Tisdale said:

Yea, 💯 . But you gotta keep your head in that situation, and Kuch is a known hothead.

• Keeps it 100 1

10 hours ago, CCCP said:

"Tampa Bay Lightning equipment manager Ray Thill has been relieved of his duties."

Do you think we'll hear that any time soon?

If the organization has no class then yes. If they have any, they fine Kucherov for being a complete asshat. One guy makes 9.5m. The other guy isn’t Kucherov. I’m sure no one feels worse than the equipment manager himself.