• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 NHL Trade Deadline: All in, Bay Bay!

Cash or Czech
Message added by Phil,

Breaking this out from another thread. Let's use this as our general trade deadline thread and for live discussion on deadline day.

Chatter can be about anything deadline related.

Phil
This post was recognized by Phil!

LindG1000 was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 1 points.

https://theathletic.com/3127806/2022/02/14/what-were-hearing-about-the-rangers-as-trade-season-approaches-j-t-miller-vitali-kravtsov-nils-lundkvist-more/

• The price for Miller is pick, prospect, player; not sure Nils + 1st is enough. Canucks keen to move him given the high interest and high return
  • Chiarot is the same as the price for Savard last deadline (1st + 4th)
  • Lehkonen is currently a 1st; likely to drop.
  • Wings might hold depth solutions for Rangers, notes Namestnikov, Leddy, Staal, Greiss (as a Georgiev replacement if needed)
  • For some reason, goes into Patrick Kane and then acknowledges it's kind of premature
  • Kravtsov still the bluest chip

All for Marc Staal coming back as a 6/7

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Wonder if Dallas would be interested in Holtby for Geo straight up. Price is a wash really and Oettinger is rfa after the season and Holtby gone. 

Not really sure what that does for us to be honest; Geo has more value liquidated into picks instead of flipped for a marginally better UFA goalie.

1 hour ago, G1000 said:

https://theathletic.com/3127806/2022/02/14/what-were-hearing-about-the-rangers-as-trade-season-approaches-j-t-miller-vitali-kravtsov-nils-lundkvist-more/

• The price for Miller is pick, prospect, player; not sure Nils + 1st is enough. Canucks keen to move him given the high interest and high return
  • Chiarot is the same as the price for Savard last deadline (1st + 4th)
  • Lehkonen is currently a 1st; likely to drop.
  • Wings might hold depth solutions for Rangers, notes Namestnikov, Leddy, Staal, Greiss (as a Georgiev replacement if needed)
  • For some reason, goes into Patrick Kane and then acknowledges it's kind of premature
  • Kravtsov still the bluest chip

All for Marc Staal coming back as a 6/7

So Miller for 1st, Nils (prospect), and Chytil (player).  Already a yes on Names

26 minutes ago, G1000 said:

Not really sure what that does for us to be honest; Geo has more value liquidated into picks instead of flipped for a marginally better UFA goalie.

I’m just thinking that if there is an injury to Shesty down the stretch or even in the playoffs, a guy with a ton of experience would be a better replacement than Geo would.

I don’t think k you are ever getting much for Geo. He’s at best a 2nd round pick to a desperate team like the Oilers and probably worth a 3rd in the offseason. I don’t even think there is a huge market for Geo. He’s not really a consistent option for a playoff team. 

• VINNY! 1

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Wonder if Dallas would be interested in Holtby for Geo straight up. Price is a wash really and Oettinger is rfa after the season and Holtby gone. 

I think Holtby is hotter garbage than Georgiev at this point.  I'd look elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I think Holtby is hotter garbage than Georgiev at this point.  I'd look elsewhere.

Hmm…I mean 

Geo 21/22

17 starts 7-7-2 2.99 .898%

Holtby 21/22

21 starts  9-10-1 2.78 .912%

Holtby this year projects mostly to his career averages. Last year he was trash. 

• Applause 1

11 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Hmm…I mean 

Geo 21/22

17 starts 7-7-2 2.99 .898%

Holtby 21/22

21 starts  9-10-1 2.78 .912%

Holtby this year projects mostly to his career averages. Last year he was trash. 

I saw him live...granted it was only one game but his positioning was horrible, he was chasing plays outside of the net, and overall seemed to have lost some reaction speed.  

8 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I saw him live...granted it was only one game but his positioning was horrible, he was chasing plays outside of the net, and overall seemed to have lost some reaction speed.  

I hear ya but the body of work, while not outstanding or anything, isn’t exactly hot garbage either. 

I’ve read a lot of talk about getting Halak with his .903% 

im not sure that’s a better option than Holtby

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

I hear ya but the body of work, while not outstanding or anything, isn’t exactly hot garbage either. 

I’ve read a lot of talk about getting Halak with his .903% 

im not sure that’s a better option than Holtby

If we're talking about coming in and playing as the #1 if Shesty gets hurt again, I'd stick with Geo.  If we're talking about playing a guy to give Shesty a night off, I'd go with Holtby.  

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

If we're talking about coming in and playing as the #1 if Shesty gets hurt again, I'd stick with Geo.  If we're talking about playing a guy to give Shesty a night off, I'd go with Holtby.  

Really ? Even with Holtby having a career .926% in the playoffs and a cup? 

9 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Is Mark Scheifele available?  Boomer Esaison casually threw out his name this morning that the Rangers should get him.  Boomer has been on the ball a few times in the past about Rangers acquiring players at the deadline.  

He’s a stud. I’d take him in a second. But it would probably cost a fortune.

17 hours ago, Keirik said:

Really ? Even with Holtby having a career .926% in the playoffs and a cup? 

Yes. Those numbers are old. He doesn’t look even remotely close to that guy that led the caps. I’m not a Geo fan at all but I would look elsewhere for the upgrade

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

Yes. Those numbers are old. He doesn’t look even remotely close to that guy that led the caps. I’m not a Geo fan at all but I would look elsewhere for the upgrade

I guess we can agree to disagree. He’s never had a sub . 900% in the playoffs and in his last three playoff years from 17/18-19/20 he had .922% (cup), .914%, and .906% 

Again, we are talking about a backup who wouldn’t be seeing playoffs unless something went wrong. 

14 hours ago, Sod16 said:

To keep Geo, a team must be ready to qualify him at $2.75, a price no one will probably be willing to pay.  Hence, I see him as having zero trade value.

In the past few years, teams have paid far more for far worse. Carter Hart, Joonas Korpisalo, Mikko Koskinen, Matt Murray, Linus Ullmark - there are endless examples of goalies making far more for worse than what Georgiev's putting up.