• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 NHL Trade Deadline: All in, Bay Bay!

Cash or Czech
Message added by Phil,

Breaking this out from another thread. Let's use this as our general trade deadline thread and for live discussion on deadline day.

Chatter can be about anything deadline related.

13 minutes ago, Flynn said:

good lord, I didn't realize the trade deadline was so far off..  March 21 is an eternity 

There's way too much chatter to suggest teams won't engage earlier than that. I feel like we're going to see a slew of deals in February.

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

There's way too much chatter to suggest teams won't engage earlier than that. I feel like we're going to see a slew of deals in February.

Have they said if the roster freeze is still happening? There was supposed to be an OLY freeze and I'm wondering what happens now with the rescheduled games.

Imagine making up a COVID game and having to play it against a team that just upgraded with a deal?

Just now, Keirik said:

This is now the perfect time if they are going to make a move. No game for enough days to allow anyone new to get in some practices with teammates, find accommodations, etc. 

For the Rangers. Plenty of other teams have a slew of games.

No, that part makes sense. It's my post that needs clarity. What I meant is, while that's true for the Rangers, it isn't for other teams, who probably won't be in as big a rush to make the deal given the slew of games they have to play.

38 minutes ago, Phil said:

No, that part makes sense. It's my post that needs clarity. What I meant is, while that's true for the Rangers, it isn't for other teams, who probably won't be in as big a rush to make the deal given the slew of games they have to play.

Ohhh.. Duh yeah, that makes sense. I was thinking more along the lines of it being less important for the other team since likely it's  prospects/picks going the other way and to a team well out of the playoffs. 

On 1/31/2022 at 6:09 AM, Winter said:

like 19 games to be played after the trade deadline, hard to give up futures for possibly 23 games... talk of players like Pavelski is pointless right now as Stars are likely a playoff team if the Oilers, Flames, Stars all had the amount of games played as LAK/ANA etc. and i think the Stars are well built for the playoffs and matchup well against LV/COL so them having a wild card slot is no bother to them. 

They may still move Klingberg as they don't really need him so long as Heiskenen is healthy and neither do we... all the talk of trades must keep in mind the late deadline and teams who are truly not in contention. I'm not sure why any team with a chance would mail it in this year as there is to much parody that can happen with CV19 outbreaks within organizations, inconsistent goaltending on many top teams etc... we being one of the few teams getting consistent goaltending so long as he doesn't shred his groin. 

I watched them play in person. I know it was only one game but it’s hard to picture Dallas making the playoffs. Holtby was baaad. 

3 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I watched them play in person. I know it was only one game but it’s hard to picture Dallas making the playoffs. Holtby was baaad. 

They have to leapfrog the Blues and are nine points back of Minney for the third spot as of right now. And they just lost to Calgary, right this second.

They're not making the playoffs. The Rangers will probably have to wait until the deadline to do it, but get Pavelski and Radulov. Fix the 5v5 problems in one trade.

Kreider-Zib-Pavelski

Panarin-Strome-Radulov

Lafreniere-Goodrow-Kakko

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

This is now the perfect time if they are going to make a move. No game for enough days to allow anyone new to get in some practices with teammates, find accommodations, etc. 

The teams with the assets we are after will think they can get more for them closer to the deadline.  That's what makes early deals so hard to pull off.  But who knows maybe we get lucky this year.

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

They have to leapfrog the Blues and are nine points back of Minney for the third spot as of right now. And they just lost to Calgary, right this second.

They're not making the playoffs. The Rangers will probably have to wait until the deadline to do it, but get Pavelski and Radulov. Fix the 5v5 problems in one trade.

Kreider-Zib-Pavelski

Panarin-Strome-Radulov

Lafreniere-Goodrow-Kakko

That’s solid! I go to war with those guys.

• VINNY! 1

5 hours ago, Phil said:

Kreider-Zib-Pavelski

Panarin-Strome-Radulov

Lafreniere-Goodrow-Kakko

5 hours ago, Kevin said:

That’s solid! I go to war with those guys.

What?

Pavelski sure, Radulov has less goals than Kakko. No. Just.  No.

gross dumb and dumber GIF

Looking over the decomposing corpse of the Winnipeg Jets, there are some appealing pieces there.. Dammed salary cap though.. 

If I had my druthers, before anything else happens I'd like to see ink to paper on a reasonable- perhaps even team friendly Strome extension and then see where we are. 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

What?

Pavelski sure, Radulov has less goals than Kakko. No. Just.  No.

gross dumb and dumber GIF

He’s slow but still impactful when he wants to be. And getting traded to one of the best teams  in the league I think would give him some motivation. I’d take him over Kakko on that wing. And don’t forget that Strome can rejuvenate anyone! 

21 minutes ago, Flynn said:

Looking over the decomposing corpse of the Winnipeg Jets, there are some appealing pieces there.. Dammed salary cap though.. 

If I had my druthers, before anything else happens I'd like to see ink to paper on a reasonable- perhaps even team friendly Strome extension and then see where we are. 

How many goals would Connor have playing with Strome and Bread?

• VINNY! 1

7 minutes ago, Kevin said:

He’s slow but still impactful when he wants to be. And getting traded to one of the best teams  in the league I think would give him some motivation. I’d take him over Kakko on that wing. And don’t forget that Strome can rejuvenate anyone! 

No Way Trump GIF by MOODMAN

Can't do it. 35, slow, and unproductive is not what's going to help us. His 5 on 5 metrics are also terrible. 

I can't wrap my head around that one...I can't. 

42 minutes ago, Pete said:

Can't do it. 35, slow, and unproductive is not what's going to help us. His 5 on 5 metrics are also terrible. 

I threw that bit about Strome in there to help swing you! I’m not in love with what Radulov has done this year but I still feel he’s got good hockey left in him. He can be a game changer at his best.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Pete said:

It's more hope as strategy. Pavelski is the real target, so I'd be perfectly fine dropping the idea of Radulov, I just think they need someone a lot better/more reliable/more tested than Kakko in their top-six.

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

It's more hope as strategy. Pavelski is the real target, so I'd be perfectly fine dropping the idea of Radulov, I just think they need someone a lot better/more reliable/more tested than Kakko in their top-six.

Just Pavelski. Have Goodrow on 2RW, Pavelski 3C. That's great depth. 

20 93 13

10 16 21

29 Pav 24

14 17 75

If that falters you can move Pav to top line or 2nd line. And drop Goodrow to 3C. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Phil said:

Kreider-Zib-Pavelski

Panarin-Strome-Radulov

Lafreniere-Goodrow-Kakko

I like the idea of the players. I'd rather Pavelski center the 3rd line though.

Radulov is always a big presence when he's in the playoffs.  He's having a pretty bad season so far, so hopefully his value is low. 

What are the Rangers giving up for these 2? Kravstov and Lundkvist? Obviously Dallas would have to do some retention to make this work.