• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 NHL Trade Deadline: All in, Bay Bay!

Cash or Czech
Message added by Phil,

Breaking this out from another thread. Let's use this as our general trade deadline thread and for live discussion on deadline day.

Chatter can be about anything deadline related.

1 hour ago, josh said:

I'm still of the belief that those guys wont deal with Drury.

If so, I'm more interested in Roslovic/Domi over Lehkonen/Chiarot.

Some people have those Columbus guys getting moved for practically nothing.

Drury is inexperienced and so far hasnt showed that he's a good GM.  if i'm a GM i'd see if i could rape Drury for some favorable deals

• Keeps it 100 1

21 minutes ago, CCCP said:

i want to see how Strome does in the playoffs.  If he's a gamer, i'm all for re-signing him.  But i have a feeling that him, Panarin, and Zibby will disappear once the going gets tough

Fair, but if he's a gamer in the playoffs, his demand and price will be significantly higher than if they reach a deal beforehand.

1 minute ago, Jdog99 said:

Fair, but if he's a gamer in the playoffs, his demand and price will be significantly higher than if they reach a deal beforehand.

which is fine.  would you rather see him as a non-gamer and sign him for cheaper?  If he's a non-gamer i'd want him gone

Gallant and the assistant coaches are in Columbus early and are catching the Blue Jackets-Flames game tonight at Nationwide Arena. That isn’t weird at all, as we play them tomorrow obviously.

But, Drury is also there according to what I’m reading on Twitter. That part got me thinking; could be nothing (more than likely), but just an interesting little tidbit. 

4 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Gallant and the assistant coaches are in Columbus early and are catching the Blue Jackets-Flames game tonight at Nationwide Arena. That isn’t weird at all, as we play them tomorrow obviously.

But, Drury is also there according to what I’m reading on Twitter. That part got me thinking; could be nothing (more than likely), but just an interesting little tidbit. 

Roslovic, probably.

Just now, Pete said:

Would rather give more for better. 

Not good defensively, not good on draws. 

Me too, but I do feel like there's some unlocked potential there, not as an offensive guy but a solid bottom 6C that has a different game than the top 2 Cs.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, josh said:

I get $2,582,698 in space (Kakko 2.4, Blais 1.8, Kravtsov 1, Nemeth in Hartford 1.75) left to sign Strome

I'd be dealing Kakko in the deal and pushing hard to deal Nemeth like right now to a desperate team. Kakko and Nemeths salaries would give the Rangers  roughly 6.5 to sign Strome.

Chytil going with Kakko and bringing back Halak, Horvat and a mid round pick. Nemeth for what ever anyone offers.  Georgiev for wing depth like Yamamoto. 

Figure out next season in the summer. 

7 hours ago, CCCP said:

Drury is inexperienced and so far hasnt showed that he's a good GM.  if i'm a GM i'd see if i could rape Drury for some favorable deals

I'm no fan of Drury, but I have felt like something like that was going to happen anyway. 

No matter who the GM is, all these assets aren't going stay with the Rangers,  and they will at one point severely overpay for a need, only because they have to move some of these kids. 

I bet Lundkvist is a goner by the deadline. I was down on him and thought they rushed him, but think there's probably an NHL player in there somewhere.  Maybe more than that. But they can't develop him on the 3rd pair and he won't get better in NY by trying to half ass it. He might be a star in the making elsewhere. Just won't happen here. So, get value NOW and understand it pretty much just needs to happen. There's no future for him here. Schneider and Robertson are different stories. 

8 hours ago, CCCP said:

Lol

Yup

For all the talk about Drury, and how smart he is and how he was in such demand by other teams with GM vacancies, he really hasn’t shown that.

Granted, it’s only been 9 months. But the jury is very much out on him.

Other GM’s should actively be trying to get over on him.