• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 NHL Trade Deadline: All in, Bay Bay!

Cash or Czech
Message added by Phil,

Breaking this out from another thread. Let's use this as our general trade deadline thread and for live discussion on deadline day.

Chatter can be about anything deadline related.

so that surprise swing...

what if it's Pettersson, instead? Vancouver will be moving guys, due to salary issues. He's been bad, and disgruntled. Even mentioned wanting to play for a winner.

I mean, we know how they always wanted Elias, whether it was that Devil or Pettersson at the draft.

10 minutes ago, josh said:

what if it's Pettersson, instead? Vancouver will be moving guys, due to salary issues. He's been bad, and disgruntled. Even mentioned wanting to play for a winner.

I mean, we know how they always wanted Elias, whether it was that Devil or Pettersson at the draft.

Pettersson would be great but i doubt Vancouver moves him.  He's way too young and a pretty much unlimited potential.  

2 hours ago, josh said:

Seems highly unlikely given the Zibanejad extension. It would not only damn Strome, but EP will cost much more than both long-term.

30 minutes ago, Phil said:

Seems highly unlikely given the Zibanejad extension. It would not only damn Strome, but EP will cost much more than both long-term.

(playing around)

I quickly went through to see. Kakko, Schneider, 1st... maybe another pick

Kreider - Zibanejad - Laf (3.5)

Panarin - Pettersson - Kravtsov (1.5)

Cuylle - Goodrow - Othmann

800k - 870k - Blais (1.8)

Lindgren - Fox

Jones (2) - Trouba

Miller (3) - Lundkvist (ELC)

Robertson

Shesty

Garand

82,970,357/83.5

And I think I'm generous with some of those contracts, based on play.

Can switch Kakko/Laf or Schneider with someone else if they prefer.

Kravtsov is more likely to be included in the deal — for obvious reasons, and probably to play with Podkolzin — than back on the roster, let alone on the second line. LOL.

Othmann is probably a top-six player on that roster, and that's asking a LOT considering you're going to be carrying like four? rookies.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Kravtsov is more likely to be included in the deal than back on the second line. LOL.

Othmann is probably a top-six player on that roster, and that's asking a LOT considering you're going to be carrying like four? rookies.

well, if they dont have any rookies play next season.

Just doing the math. You can change the name to McKegg and Rooney if it makes you feel better.

Just now, josh said:

well, if they dont have any rookies play next season.

Just doing the math. You can change the name to McKegg and Rooney if it makes you feel better.

I guess, but I'm having a hard time not seeing the New York Maple Leafs.

That top-six is talented as fuck, but also softer than Twinkie filling.

• Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

I guess, but I'm having a hard time not seeing the New York Maple Leafs.

That top-six is talented as fuck, but also softer than Twinkie filling.

Cuylle, Othmann, Berard (hes my 800k LW),

And there should be more money, as I dont anticipate Laf/Miller/Jones at those salaries, barring huge seasons.

I dont think it cramps the cap as much as I thought.

Sorry, was getting yelled at and didnt finish....

Combined with Goodrow, Kreider, Laf/Kakko - they should be OK. I dont think there is much difference between that and the current top 6.

Edited by josh

8 hours ago, Keirik said:

Alright, so I, just trying to get some ideas on Zillow of houses to recommend to .Gourde so we can get him here. School districts are fire so that’s good. Any ideas? 

35 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Just start sending him info on Larchmont and Scarsdale and I'm sure he'll come around.

If he needs a ride, I have it covered!  😃

On 1/24/2022 at 12:23 PM, josh said:

While I like the idea of Pettersson, there's this worrying theory in my head of late that Turk might not be the coach for younger upcoming players. I didn't watch him enough in Vegas and Florida to know if there's such a trend and so this theory might be completely out to lunch. But this year it seems while the veterans on the team are flourishing, far too many of the younger players have seemingly regressed (and Kravtsov wasn't even given the chance he was hoping for). Now some of that is bound to be on the players themselves.

But for all the fanfare Gallant has been receiving (and don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of what the guy's come in and done so far), part of me is left wondering that he might not be the right coach for young developing players, and one that prefers to run more with the established vets. 

Edited by Karan
  • VINNY! 1

6 minutes ago, Karan said:

While I like the idea of Pettersson, there's this worrying theory in my head of late that Turk might not be the coach for younger upcoming players. I didn't watch him enough in Vegas and Florida to know if there's such a trend and so this theory might be completely out to lunch. But this year it seems while the veterans on the team are flourishing, far too many of the younger players have seemingly regressed (and Kravtsov wasn't even given the chance he was hoping for). Now some of that is bound to be on the players themselves.

But for all the fanfare Gallant has been receiving (and don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of what the guy's come in and done so far), part of me is left wondering that he might not be the right coach for young developing players, and one that prefers to run more with the established vets. 

He's near a PPG player thorughout his NHL career, so I'm not sure how much focus needs to be on him developing. But, he also puts up a lot of PP points.