• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jacob Effin' Trouba

Valriera

The two playoff series last year both turned on a big Trouba hit and this season has also.

I don't think he's going to be the guy the Rangers move on from in a couple of years when the NMC's start expiring.  Certainly not if GG is still in charge.

On 2/7/2023 at 2:33 PM, siddious said:

Coming from me (an avid Trouba hater) I think this holds some weight…. I can’t remember a ranger captain, in my life time ever doing anything like Trouba has to get his team going. 

Jacob Trouba might be the best captain (read: leader) the Rangers have had since Messier? 

Obviously I don’t mean skill wise because Leetch, Jagr, McDonough all out skill him heavily but I can’t even remember a single rangers captain ever doing anything to get his team going the way he has. Callahan disappeared when he got the C. Leetch while a great player seemed I’ll suited to lead, McDonough just kind of was there, and Jagr didn’t give a fuck he just Jagr’d some more. 

granted we don’t see the locker room but still… 

Did Graves ever sport the C?

id take him any day over Kreider