• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jacob Effin' Trouba

Valriera

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

What's their record now since the famous helmet toss? They are also now 1-0 in the Jacob Trouba flattens Nazem Kadri Era.

17-4-3 I believe. 

The helmet throw was against Chicago, methinks, back on December 3rd. If I’ve counted correctly, their record is 17-4-3 since Trouba threw his helmet. 

17-4-3. 

That’s why they gave him the C. 

• Like 3
  • The Chyt! 2

1 minute ago, phillyb said:

17-4-3 I believe. 

The helmet throw was against Chicago, methinks, back on December 3rd. If I’ve counted correctly, their record is 17-4-3 since Trouba threw his helmet. 

17-4-3. 

Yes, that's right. That Chicago game was bottom of the barrel for this group.

37 minutes ago, phillyb said:

17-4-3 I believe. 

17-4-3. 

It is 17-4-3. It's a defining moment for the team this year and frankly, the guy's career. I don't think we turn it around without that specific moment. Been a different team since. 

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

It's very much a 'Chris Kreider smashing a tablet' moment.

Speaking of Kreider, did anyone see him last night???

Other than that miserable attempt to deflect a puck into his nut sack on the PP, I believe he went MIA.

.....Oh wait here he is!!!  He's on the side of my milk carton!  LOL

Just now, Ozzy said:

Speaking of Kreider, did anyone see him last night???

Other than that miserable attempt to deflect a puck into his nut sack on the PP, I believe he went MIA.

.....Oh wait here he is!!!  He's on the side of my milk carton!  LOL

It's basically been back to old Kreider this year. Last season was kind of an anomaly anyway. Basically everything he tipped went in and his puck luck was just better. He's still on pace for over 30 goals, which is fine, but a lot of nights he's back to forgetting how to deflect, screen the goalie and skate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jdog99 said:

Maybe i havent been paying attention, but last night seemed like a step up - he was out for blood.

C setting an example after the break.

He looked great last night and he did it in a way that you can't miss twice.

Coming from me (an avid Trouba hater) I think this holds some weight…. I can’t remember a ranger captain, in my life time ever doing anything like Trouba has to get his team going. 

Jacob Trouba might be the best captain (read: leader) the Rangers have had since Messier? 

Obviously I don’t mean skill wise because Leetch, Jagr, McDonough all out skill him heavily but I can’t even remember a single rangers captain ever doing anything to get his team going the way he has. Callahan disappeared when he got the C. Leetch while a great player seemed I’ll suited to lead, McDonough just kind of was there, and Jagr didn’t give a fuck he just Jagr’d some more. 

granted we don’t see the locker room but still… 

• Like 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, siddious said:

Coming from me (an avid Trouba hater) I think this holds some weight…. I can’t remember a ranger captain, in my life time ever doing anything like Trouba has to get his team going. 

Jacob Trouba might be the best captain (read: leader) the Rangers have had since Messier? 

Obviously I don’t mean skill wise because Leetch, Jagr, McDonough all out skill him heavily but I can’t even remember a single rangers captain ever doing anything to get his team going the way he has. Callahan disappeared when he got the C. Leetch while a great player seemed I’ll suited to lead, McDonough just kind of was there, and Jagr didn’t give a fuck he just Jagr’d some more. 

granted we don’t see the locker room but still… 

We don't see very much of anything at all but it's hard to ignore the correlation 

• Like 1