• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jacob Effin' Trouba

Valriera

After hearing the trouba chant at the garden tonight, it’s due time this man gets his love. He was a joke first two years but this year he has leveled up from being terrible to actively worth his contract. Last two weeks he’s added the scary streak we all knew he had to his game and has been a tower all season. Keep it up troubs

7 hours ago, Keirik said:

You’re welcome. Since the day I added him in fantasy he’s been a totally different beast. Love it. 

I credit all this Jacob Trouba success to Keith!  Picking him up in fantasy was the best thing for Trouba's game! 

Seriously, the guy's been a beast the last several weeks, and I see him in a new light.  Just keep doing what you're doing, Jacob!!!  Guys are now playing with their head up or they're going to be a casualty!

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

He's shooting the puck and hitting like a freight train. Does anyone think Quinn was stopping him from doing that or would complain about it?

I'm not sure, Pete...I'm actually thinking it's wasn't Quinn stopping him, I think it's Gallant encouraging him to play more like that.

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

He's shooting the puck and hitting like a freight train. Does anyone think Quinn was stopping him from doing that or would complain about it?

You don't think Gallant has anything to do with Trouba now actually playing like a defenseman after two years of looking like hot garbage with Quinn?

Just now, Pete said:

Quinn was telling them to shoot and play tough his whole time here!

He should've said it in English then!  LOL

I dunno man, but Gallant has had more of an effect on this team than Quinn ever did.  I find Gallant way more likable than Quinn too.

• VINNY! 1

Quinn was telling them to shoot and play tough his whole time here!

Yeah and the message clearly didn't get through. That's the coach's fault.

There's some leadership and integrity that goes into coaching a team and Quinn was clearly lacking that. Didn't matter what he said, the players and the team in general was not listening.

They are definitely listening to Gallant tho.

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

You don't think Gallant has anything to do with Trouba now actually playing like a defenseman after two years of looking like hot garbage with Quinn?

Well considering Trouba looked like hot garbage before this little streak, no I don't give Gallant credit for Trouba playing to his contract and hit ability. I give Trouba credit. 

Well considering Trouba looked like hot garbage before this little streak, no I don't give Gallant credit for Trouba playing to his contract and hit ability. I give Trouba credit. 

I like that better!!  Let's go with that!!  👍

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

He should've said it in English then!  LOL

I dunno man, but Gallant has had more of an effect on this team than Quinn ever did.  I find Gallant way more likable than Quinn too.

5 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Yeah and the message clearly didn't get through. That's the coach's fault.

There's some leadership and integrity that goes into coaching a team and Quinn was clearly lacking that. Didn't matter what he said, the players and the team in general was not listening.

They are definitely listening to Gallant tho.

Yeah, let's just say that I see it differently and that I'm actually going to credit the player for his play. This is not some unlocked version that we've never seen before, this is the player he was in Winnipeg.

I think Gallant is doing a great job. I just don't think it has as much impact on veterans as it does on rookies. For example at no point did Trouba have to worry about getting benched. There were times he was brutal and still playing 20 plus minutes a night for Quinn.

I'm not about to turn this into it coaching debate, though. It's a Trouba thread. 

Edited by Pete

Yeah, let's just say that I see it differently and that I'm actually going to credit the player for his play. This is not some unlocked version that we've never seen before, this is the player he was in Winnipeg.

I think Gallant is doing a great job. I just don't think it has as much impact on veterans as it does on rookies. For example at no point did Trouba have to worry about getting benched. There were times he was brutal and still playing 20 plus minutes a night for Quinn.

I'm not about to turn this into it coaching debate, though. It's a Trouba thread. 

That's fine. I'm also mainly crediting it to Trouba himself, but I also give Gallant some credit for helping Trouba find his way to be effective instead of just throwing him out there for 20+ min a night and telling him to "shoot and hit". I think it's a lot more complicated than that.

And I don't know about the take on coaches impact on veterans/rookies. If anything its the "veterans" that have improved the most this season (Kreider, Trouba, to some degree Rooney). Laf, Chytil, Kakko, Miller not so much.

23 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

That's fine. I'm also mainly crediting it to Trouba himself, but I also give Gallant some credit for helping Trouba find his way to be effective instead of just throwing him out there for 20+ min a night and telling him to "shoot and hit". I think it's a lot more complicated than that.

And I don't know about the take on coaches impact on veterans/rookies. If anything its the "veterans" that have improved the most this season (Kreider, Trouba, to some degree Rooney). Laf, Chytil, Kakko, Miller not so much.

My comment around vets vs rookies has nothing to do with improvement. We've heard Kakko say that now he doesn't have to worry about making a mistakes and being benched. Trouba never had that concern to hinder his play. We've seen Kreider go on these streaks before. In fact, the same players that weren't producing under Quinn aren't producing under Gallant, as you've outlined.

Trouba averaged 2.4 shots/game, 1.8 his second year, and now back up to 2.5 with an career high S% of 9.1%. His physical play we've seen flashes of, but now it's consistent. As I said, it's not that we've never seen this player before. It's that we're finally seeing it consistently (as a Ranger).

Just now, Pete said:

My comment around vets vs rookies has nothing to do with improvement. We've heard Kakko say that now he doesn't have to worry about making a mistakes and being benched. Trouba never had that concern to hinder his play. We've seen Kreider go on these streaks before. In fact, the same players that weren't producing under Quinn aren't producing under Gallant, as you've outlined.

Trouba averaged 2.4 shots/game, 1.8 his second year, and now back up to 2.5 with an career high S% of 9.1%. His physical play we've seen flashes of, but now it's consistent. As I said, it's not that we've never seen this player before. It's that we're finally seeing it consistently (as a Ranger).

Bingo. And I credit that to Gallant. I don't see what else that's changed that would lead to both him and Kreider all of a sudden be consistent at the same time?

I'm cool with that Pete!  ...and I'd feel better thinking Trouba has taken it upon himself to be the irresistible force on this team.

Now when players enter our zone they have to keep in mind who's on the ice, and if that is indeed Troubs, they're keeping their heads up now.  It makes a difference!

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Bingo. And I credit that to Gallant. I don't see what else that's changed that would lead to both him and Kreider all of a sudden be consistent at the same time?

Kreider has 2 goals in his last 8 games after 15 in his first 19. He's consistent, until he isn't. Also, on a team of 23 if you want to credit a coach with 2 players becoming consistent, then are you blaming him for Laffy, Chytil, Nemeth, Miller, Lundkvist, to a degree Kakko, not being very good? What about Zib not scoring goals? Gallant's fault? Goodrow pretty fucking useless...That on Gallant? You can't have it both ways.

Look, at the end of the day, you can give Gallant credit credit for whatever you want to. Doesn't mean anyone else has to. That's the beauty of the world, we all don't have to agree. I like Gallant as a coach and I think he's doing a good job, so I'm just going to leave it there.

Edited by Pete
  • Cheers 1

I think Gallant gets credit for giving his players confidence. He gives them a lot more leash than basically every other coach here in recent memory - not just Quinn. 

But that said, Trouba deserves the credit for his game. He's the one out there making it happen. I didn't realize he had his name chanted, but I think that's well deserved. He's been a monster all season long. Paired with last season's collapse when he went out of the lineup, I think he's clearly ramped up his game to a new level and I love the kind of player he's become.

• VINNY! 2
  • Keeps it 100 1