• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jacob Effin' Trouba

Valriera

35 minutes ago, Pete said:

Kreider has 2 goals in his last 8 games after 15 in his first 19. He's consistent, until he isn't. Also, on a team of 23 if you want to credit a coach with 2 players becoming consistent, then are you blaming him for Laffy, Chytil, Nemeth, Miller, Lundkvist, to a degree Kakko, not being very good? What about Zib not scoring goals? Gallant's fault? Goodrow pretty fucking useless...That on Gallant? You can't have it both ways.

Look, at the end of the day, you can give Gallant credit credit for whatever you want to. Doesn't mean anyone else has to. That's the beauty of the world, we all don't have to agree. I like Gallant as a coach and I think he's doing a good job, so I'm just going to leave it there.

Not looking to derail this thread but Kreider, in the past when he wasn't scoring, was a complete non-factor in games.  He just disappeared.  Right now, he might not be scoring like he was earlier in the season but he certainly is very noticeable shift-to-shift.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Not looking to derail this thread but Kreider, in the past when he wasn't scoring, was a complete non-factor in games.  He just disappeared.  Right now, he might not be scoring like he was earlier in the season but he certainly is very noticeable shift-to-shift.  

Agreed!

21 hours ago, CCCP said:

why is he confident, tho?  he sucked for 2 years and all of a sudden he's confident without a reason?

I wanted to start a discussion but wasn't sure if should be in this thread.

The Trouba-Miller pair really struggled early, and had a few random terrible games. Trouba has picked up his game, defensively, offensively, physically. Miller... scored that one nice goal. Maybe Trouba isn't so much concerned about covering for and bailing out his partner as much as he was the beginning of the season.

1 minute ago, josh said:

I wanted to start a discussion but wasn't sure if should be in this thread.

The Trouba-Miller pair really struggled early, and had a few random terrible games. Trouba has picked up his game, defensively, offensively, physically. Miller... scored that one nice goal. Maybe Trouba isn't so much concerned about covering for and bailing out his partner as much as he was the beginning of the season.

possible but Miller is still shaky lots of times.  i guess it could be a number of things

1 minute ago, CCCP said:

possible but Miller is still shaky lots of times.  i guess it could be a number of things

yeah, he looks worse. Probably because Trouba's worry about his own game and not pulling himself out of position to cover.

5 minutes ago, josh said:

yeah, he looks worse. Probably because Trouba's worry about his own game and not pulling himself out of position to cover.

i wouldnt say Miller looks worse than last year.  2nd half of last season he was atrocious.  Trouba probably thought "fuck this, i need to live up to my $8M a year payday"

Having Gallant talk up Trouba, saying he's been a beast since day one probably goes a long way into building Troubas game. I just seems like he's got that comfortably level that he didn't have under Quinn. And I'm not saying the coach gets the credit, just that he should get a small percentage. The whole team gets a little credit too for helping him get to his comfort zone. But whatever the reason, every Ranger fan is imbracing his play at the moment, myself included. If he keeps this up his contract will seem like a bargin in 2 years.

16 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Paired with Nils/Nemeth? Would reduce his ice time a bit and give him easier matchups. Might help him gain back more confidence and stop making panic plays.

and move Nemeth to RD? is he comfortable there?  

also, i personally wouldnt play Miller with Lundkvist.  

13 minutes ago, Keirik said:

The paring of Miller Tubes finally is starting to look comfortable together. I wouldn’t switch that up any time soon. 

There's no reason to move either of the first two pairings. It's the third that's completely up in the air.

14 minutes ago, Keirik said:

The paring of Miller Tubes finally is starting to look comfortable together. I wouldn’t switch that up any time soon. 

Not really sure that I can agree that Miller has looked comfortable, recently.

1 minute ago, josh said:

Not really sure that I can agree that Miller has looked comfortable, recently.

Really? I'm not saying hes locking it down or anything but I think he's looked fine for the most part this year. Especially the last 15 or so games. 

• VINNY! 1

I have no issue with Miller other than him always resoting to his "reacharond" move.  I wanna see him use his big body more to apply more physicality.  I'm hoping Trouba's recent freight-training makes an impression on Miller.

Other than that, I don't think he's been bad.  He hasn't lit the world on fire either, but he's so young yet.  Defenseman improve on a different level, I think...but who knows, I drink a lot!  😉

• Keeps it 100 1

25 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I have no issue with Miller other than him always resoting to his "reacharond" move.  I wanna see him use his big body more to apply more physicality.  I'm hoping Trouba's recent freight-training makes an impression on Miller.

Other than that, I don't think he's been bad.  He hasn't lit the world on fire either, but he's so young yet.  Defenseman improve on a different level, I think...but who knows, I drink a lot!  😉

Seriously. Guy leads with his stick instead of placing a body on the opposition. 

10 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

You don't think Gallant has anything to do with Trouba now actually playing like a defenseman after two years of looking like hot garbage with Quinn?

It could be Gallant or it could also be the infectious play/attitude that has been brought forth with the assembly of this 4th line as well as the straight to the net presence of Kreider AND Gauthier on their respective lines. 

Everyone's game has kinda woke up as far as physical play and IMO it has to do with that 4th line doing what it does. I honestly hope they keep them together and don't try to mix things up, thinking one of those guys can inject their play onto a line that is doing something completely different. 

The way the lines are constructed is pretty much what I wanted to see, sans Hunt (figured Kravtsov would be in one of the top 6 spots). I think now is the perfect time to try and move Kakko back to Panarins line, while Panarin is "on". 

Lindgren is starting to get back to his usual self by being more physical and joining the rush. 

Strome is playing chippy as is Panarin. Hunt is.... well shit...

Kreider is playing at a high level in which we always expected.

Gauthier is all over the place and is a net presence as well as a driver of offense.. 

Due up is this Nemeth guy. He's a big guy. He's just very blah. I didn't know much about him before he got here, but some here claimed he was a physical presence... Well? When is that going to happen? Hopefully soon. Everyone else is turning that corner. 

I credit the 4th line for setting the tone. Yes. Even Goodrow has been doing some dirty work. He can be a pest. He can be dirty. I'm fine with that. You need that. Just as long as the coach understands that same logic. Don't handcuff these types. This is exactly what you bring these guys in for. Let them do their thing and live with any consequences.  Because their energy, their attitude, is what breathes life into the rest of the team. Making everyone, "Harder to play against ". 

• Cheers 1

• Phil changed the title to Jacob Effin' Trouba