• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Give Kravtsov Permission to Seek Trade; Loaned to KHL

Phil

As for our 4th line, it seems like they are so intent that on bringing back the days of DiGiuseppe, Howden and McKegg that they have even brought back McKegg.

As for Kratsov, the majority of NHL players do not get their opportunity under ideal circumstances, playing with just the right players for just the right minutes over an extended period.  They have to seize their imperfect opportunity and make the most of it.

My $0.02 on this is I'm kind of getting sick of how management has been handling/using our prospects the last few years ... JT Miller (traded him for a bag of pucks), ADA (let him go for nothing), Fast (couldn't sign him for 3 years @ 2mm/yr but could sign Badrow for 6 years @ 3.5mm/yr), Lias, and now Krav. On the bright side I can't say I'm unhappy about the Buch trade is turning out as Blais gives this team a different element.

As for Krav specifically, even if he's not considered a top 6 he could still play a role on the 3rd line RW with Chyt & Laf. That would result in a 4th line of Goodrow/Rooney/Hunt or (Gaut). What's wrong with that? Why is a "grinder" needed for a 3rd line? Don't you always want to put the best players out there? I could see if they're equal then going with a player that brings a grinding element, but there's no comparison between Krav & Hunt/Gaut both in terms of offensive production & defensive responsibility, the latter of which impressed me about Krav's game.

Edited by leetchy2
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Hunt has played more top 9 than 4th line minutes and Gauthier has only been played in the top 9 when he's been in. They are all right wings. How did they not compete for the same spot lol.

I don't care what "the plan" was. This is the situation we're in now and its the front office fault. They traded away Buch to give Kravtsov (and Kakko) top 6 roles, then they got rid of Krav and now they're fucked because the only "legit" top 6 RW they have right now is a guy with 0 points after 9 games playing with a top 5 player in the league. And that's how we end up with Goodrow in the top 6 and Hunt in the top 9.

Because he played approx 10 minutes per game for 20 games playing with DiGiuseppe, Howden and McKegg. 0 PP time and 0 minutes of overtime.

Hunt's most frequent linemates have been McKegg, Rooney, and Reaves so no he's not played more top 9 than 4th line.

They also didn't "get rid of Krav", Krav got rid of himself.

Also not sure what linemates have to do with that individual effort goal Krav scored...🤔

11 minutes ago, leetchy2 said:

That would result in a 4th line of Goodrow/Rooney/Hunt or (Gaut). What's wrong with that? Why is a "grinder" needed for a 3rd line? Don't you always want to put the best players out there?

This line would give you the same look as the top 2. That was the issue last year, as well. Too much perimeter play.

7 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

As for our 4th line, it seems like they are so intent that on bringing back the days of DiGiuseppe, Howden and McKegg that they have even brought back McKegg.

As for Kratsov, the majority of NHL players do not get their opportunity under ideal circumstances, playing with just the right players for just the right minutes over an extended period.  They have to seize their imperfect opportunity and make the most of it.

I do agree with this sentiment. Kravstov handled this poorly. What I will say on a more general note though, is it seems players these days are starting to be more proactive in looking out for their own careers. GMs and the rest of management won't ever give a shit about the player. They just want to ice a team they think can win. If for whatever reason, someone in management of the team that drafts you doesn't like you, you are stuck with that organization until you hit UFA at 26 years old. If you don't sign your RFA deal, especially as not a TOP talent, you are branded with an 'attitude problem' that will stick with you and impact the rest of your career.

Hockey players have short careers. How much money is a player potentially losing out on because one person may have a personal issue with them and has control over that person's career. I'm not saying this specifically applies to the Kravstov situation. What I am saying though, is that if VK believes he is a good enough player to be playing top 6 minutes in the NHL, and he feels he's stuck in an organization that isn't going to put him in that position, thus severely limiting his potential career earnings, I would understand wanting out.

to quote one of the folks on the Blueshirts Breakaway Podcast, 'The NHL is a stupid league.'

I wouldn't blame VK, or any player, if they are stuck with one organization in a third line role or lower, or being labeled as anything they don't agree with, and want to avoid being stuck somewhere before their reputation becomes what their first team decided it was.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

6 minutes ago, CCCP said:

Krav played 4th line minutes last season.  no one heard him complain.  

Except he did complain. To management. 

The Post reported on Tuesday that Kravtsov, who recorded four points (2-2) in 20 games last year after joining the Rangers following his KHL season, had a contentious exit meeting with management. The hierarchy has had issues with his offseason training program. Kravtsov believed he should have been elevated in the lineup rather than playing primarily on the fourth line.

Link: https://nypost.com/2021/10/13/vitali-kravtsov-saga-signals-troubling-rangers-pattern-that-must-be-fixed/

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

But we are cool with Fox even though he got his way out of two organizations before ever setting foot in the NHL because it benefited us right? 

Considering he behaved completely differently than Kravtsov, yes. 

clayton keller hockey GIF by NHL on NBC Sports

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

But we are cool with Fox even though he got his way out of two organizations before ever setting foot in the NHL because it benefited us right? 

Both are using the tools offered to them by the CBA to force the hand of their teams.

Only one has shown anything remotely like walking the walk to back up talking the talk. 

• Like 1

Just now, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

How was it different? If anything it’s worse

fox demanding to move from two teams until he gets where he wants before ever even signing

vs 

a player who came overseas multiple times trying to get a certain role/playing time and wasn’t given the chance so he requested a move? 

Fox acted within his rights, there's nothing that says you have to sign with the team who drafted you. He was willing to wait it out and become a free agent the same way Jimmy Vesey did.

Kravtsov didn't just request a move, he denied his assignment twice and acted outside his rights within the CBA which is why he was suspended.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

CBA means nothing to him when he’s got that nice KHL contract to go back to. 

CBA is also irrelevant to this discussion. 

It's entirely relevant, because Fox exercised a known CBA clause to determine his destination. Just like Hayes, and Vesey, and so many others.

And to an extent (aside from the CBA violation of refusing to report to assignment), so is Kravtsov. The difference, IMO, is that Kravtsov hasn't played at a level to put his money where his mouth is. 

11 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

And neither did Fox lol. But we’re thrilled about that. 

But Fox did. There's nothing unprofessional about exercising your rights, and he has the right not to sign with the team who drafted him.

VK does not have the right to refuse an AHL assignment, which is why he's suspended.

If VK refused to sign here, I would care less. But his behavior has affected his trade value.

Edited by Pete

8 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

And neither did Fox lol. But we’re thrilled about that. 

When did "be a professional" become "deal with a shit situation for 7 years until you don't have to"?

Fox used the tools at his disposal. Kravtsov is too - sort of - Kravtsov is actually under contract and thus in more violation of the CBA.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, G1000 said:

It's entirely relevant, because Fox exercised a known CBA clause to determine his destination. Just like Hayes, and Vesey, and so many others.

And to an extent (aside from the CBA violation of refusing to report to assignment), so is Kravtsov. The difference, IMO, is that Kravtsov hasn't played at a level to put his money where his mouth is. 

We’re talking about the players attitude though right? 

like I said before, I think he’s handled it poorly and I dont agree with him. But like, he’s doing what he wants to do for the betterment of his career. The CBA doesn’t mean anything to this discussion because it clearly is not impacting his decisions