• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

31 minutes ago, Pete said:

Except you're completely ignoring their lack of offense at ES, and there aren't as many PP in the playoffs. 

Good teams have more than 5 skaters and a goalie producing. 

I didn't completely ignore it no.

Besides the whole "no call in the playoffs" narrative is a bit wrong. Kucherov scored 19 of his 32 points in last seasons playoff run on the PP. That's almost 60% of his points. So far this season Panarin has scored 14 of his 38 points on the PP.

I don't know, it looks like we're following the previous two SC champs recipe for success.

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I didn't completely ignore it no.

Besides the whole "no call in the playoffs" narrative is a bit wrong. Kucherov scored 19 of his 32 points in last seasons playoff run on the PP. That's almost 60% of his points. So far this season Panarin has scored 14 of his 38 points on the PP.

I don't know, it looks like we're following the previous two SC champs recipe for success.

There are generally less power plays overall in the playoffs, especially the further you go. That has nothing to do with how many points players are scoring on the power play, when you're not getting as many power plays. 

On 1/14/2022 at 12:54 PM, Drew a Penalty said:

He didn’t do much of anything. Bobbled the puck a bunch and didn’t get himself into position to make himself useful in any way. He got an assist on Schneider’s goal but not because he really did anything significant on the play. Pretty much a standard Filip Chytil game.

Rangers PR sure made it sound like he was the second coming since playing on Bread and Butter's right side.

• LOL 2
  • LMFAO 1

10 minutes ago, CCCP said:

i liked him on 2nd line RW.  he looked useful and engaged.  Hopefully he takes that spot permanently over fucking Hunt.  

I'd rather have Hunt, Simon...Chytil's play of late hasn't changed my opinion much.  He's very soft, he passes too much without shooting, and I think we have too much of that already.  I'll take a grinder like Hunt/Blais/Goodrow on this current squad.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CCCP said:

Hunt is a borderline 4th liner, probably a healthy scratch on any other team.  Is there anything that he does well?  He's not a scorer, not a playmaker, does not hit, does not take/win faceoffs, does not fight, does not have a good IQ.  

Sounds like Chytil!  LOL

2 hours ago, CCCP said:

i liked him on 2nd line RW.  he looked useful and engaged.  Hopefully he takes that spot permanently over fucking Hunt.  

Absolutely. Gotta try and get Chytil going. The trio looked pretty comfortable together. Hunt can shit in a hat for all I care. He adds nothing. Garbage. Waive him. 

• LOL 2

25 minutes ago, josh said:

That line did well with hunts physicality and tenacity, but he can’t play that game for that many minutes on a regular basis. He was worn out after a handful of games. 

That line does well with anyone on the right. Giving someone with actual scoring talent a chance to mesh with them can do a variety of things

Build a more potent line. 

Get said talented addition a boost of confidence. 

Or drag the whole line down. 

Chytil played with purpose and was noticeable offensively fir the game.  If it continues, it's only a good thing. 

Hunt didn't play with tenacity.  He was just there. He didn't open up the ice for the others with physical play, nor did he take it to the boards or down low and win battles.  He added nothing.  Was really just there. Adding anyone with an ounce of skill to that line will be best for everyone involved.  Hunt has no talent.  There's no benefit to having him there besides being able to move a skilled player to a 3rd line. 

Hunt is a 13th forward, so I can dig that.  Yukon's gotta get his shit in gear....and that's me saying that!  I've pounded the Laffy drum for a while now, but I wanna see him take another few steps the rest of the season...in the CORRECT direction.

Edited by Ozzy

5 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Probably what gets him fired everywhere he goes. He's one of the boys. It's almost as if you have to have your roster absolutely set to start the year,  because he actually thinks stupid shit like this. 

So, I'm guessing Schneider won't be around long.