• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Out Of Town Scoreboard

Phil

START HOLDING THE OFFICIALS ACCOUNTABLE. make them answer to the media. give them fucking hell. 

There is no excuse from the NHL to continue with this kind of shit, but they just don’t want to admit they’re wrong. It’s infuriating. 

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

They better get this shit sorted out for the playoffs.  It's been pretty bad this year. 

That call was just outright terrible.  Ref should be questioned by the league on that one....or the police!  LOL

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

I mean, the lowest rated refs don't officiate the playoffs, and the further you go, the more money you make...So there is accountability.

Yeah true. And I’m familiar with this as well but I mean the same thing coaches and players have to go through. I know it’s a pipe dream, but i’d love for someone in the media to ask the official what he saw and make the official explain. 

With that being said, I’m not sure what that solves. 

2 hours ago, Morphinity said:

NHL reffing seemingly finds a lower and worse level every year. 

I mean if you want to make a bad call, make it holding (Any action by a player that restrains or impedes the progress of an opposing player whether or not he is in possession of the puck.)

Still don't agree with it but this wasn't even close to hooking. Damn.

4 hours ago, phillyb said:

Yeah true. And I’m familiar with this as well but I mean the same thing coaches and players have to go through. I know it’s a pipe dream, but i’d love for someone in the media to ask the official what he saw and make the official explain. 

With that being said, I’m not sure what that solves. 

I would also appreciate more public accountability. NHLDoPS makes a video explaining their suspension decisions, refs should have to explain what they saw and why they made a call. Even if it boils down to, "That's what was in my field of vision". I think we all know that refs are human, but own that shit. And also maybe have Toronto do their fucking job and call down on some of these plays.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, phillyb said:

START HOLDING THE OFFICIALS ACCOUNTABLE. make them answer to the media. give them fucking hell. 

There is no excuse from the NHL to continue with this kind of shit, but they just don’t want to admit they’re wrong. It’s infuriating. 

Your head is going to explode at the officials if we get the Pens or Lightning round 1 😆

• Keeps it 100 1

It’s so cute that the 9 Islander fans that exist still think they have a chance at the playoffs. It’s extra fun that they lost yesterday and Caps won today. By all means Isles, keep on keeping on. That 19th or so pick will really help your ancient roster compete one last time for a cup you’ll never win. 

• Like 1

I watched this one last night...kinda caught Wilson on the blind side as he was turning to look.  He ended up going to the locker room right afterward, so I don't know if that was a concussion protocol "call down" or if he went on his own.  It sure as hell didn't look like much at first glance but who knows.

To me it looked like incidental contact...at best! 

3 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Yeah, and he came back in the 2nd. Like I said, possibly wind knocked out of him, or possibly kinked that shoulder in a way...idk. 

But that's not mother fucking interference on Colton. 

The officiating in the NHL has seriously been pretty poor of late.  I'd rather the refs just put the fucking whistle in their pocket, and let them play.  I'm really dreading tonight's officiating;  I may have to wear my swim trunks in case I get hit with all the splashes from Sid's dives!!!

...and they really should take a look at the "Hooking" calls with the stick simply tapping the gloves of the player.

13 hours ago, Keirik said:

It’s so cute that the 9 Islander fans that exist still think they have a chance at the playoffs. It’s extra fun that they lost yesterday and Caps won today. By all means Isles, keep on keeping on. That 19th or so pick will really help your ancient roster compete one last time for a cup you’ll never win. 

I had an enjoyable time checking out the Islanders' board at Hockey's Future where there was a thread with season ticket holders talking about how the aftermarket for their tickets is already a fraction of face and how once season ticket holders recognize that they will give up their seasons and go back to buying select games.  This with the paint not even dry yet on the House that Dolan Built.  

Lou thought he was going to win the cup this year with a 45 year old and a 39 year old on defense.  

The Rangers just signed a lifelong Rangers fan from Setauket.  Islanders can't even appeal to a kid from the east end.

4 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Just looked at his gamelog and audibly said "holy shit"

26 points during his current 11 game point streak

If he didn't have such a slow start (only 1 pt in his first 8 games), he'd probably be up there in contention for the Art Ross.