• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Out Of Town Scoreboard

Phil

49 minutes ago, Karan said:

Dude is killing me in my fantasy pool. Picked him thinking he'd start to accumulate a ton of points playing for FLA. How the hell does he manage 0 pts in a 7-6 game?

He was literally the most invisible player out there. I mean Florida stunk in general but he was exceptionally terrible.

It doesn't matter if hits are "clean" or "dirty." Teams respond to perception, and theirs is almost always different than yours or mine given their on-ice perspective and the fact they have to react in real time, in a fraction of a second. They get no benefit of twelve angles in HD slo-mo.

It would be great if only actual dirty hits were responded to like this, but it's not possible, and this also conveniently ignores the positive affects a fight can have to rally the rest of the team.

Good on Subban. Take a run at my star player, clean or not, and you'll pay a price. I fully support it.

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Good on Subban. Take a run at my star player, clean or not, and you'll pay a price. I fully support it.

Maybe next time he could wait for the other guy to take his gloves off and square up. Subban's execution was total bitch move, regardless of his motivation

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

It doesn't matter if hits are "clean" or "dirty." Teams respond to perception, and theirs is almost always different than yours or mine given their on-ice perspective and the fact they have to react in real time, in a fraction of a second. They get no benefit of twelve angles in HD slo-mo.

It would be great if only actual dirty hits were responded to like this, but it's not possible, and this also conveniently ignores the positive affects a fight can have to rally the rest of the team.

Subban did at least get the aggressor and instigator penalties for it. Maybe I'm also a little impressed Subban decided to fight instead of slew foot the guy later in the game like the dirty player he is.

19 hours ago, Phil said:

Such a good take.....this mentality seems to be forgotten way too often in other facets of life too, like when law enforcement incidents occur.

Phil is right BUT I still can't stand Subban. He makes a name for himself as a predator. He picks his spots and not in a good way.

2 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

He makes a name for himself as a predator. He picks his spots and not in a good way.

Why is why his response shouldn't be condoned. How's it different than Bertuzzi/Moore? I guess because no one got their neck broken. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Why is why his response shouldn't be condoned. How's it different than Bertuzzi/Moore? I guess because no one got their neck broken. 

I agree, challenging a guy is acceptable; barbaric attacking the guy is unacceptable and has caused life altering injuries in the past as you have identified.  Remember Chris Simon axe swinging his stick?!? 

Edited by jsm7302
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

I agree, challenging a guy is acceptable; barbaric attacking the guy is unacceptable and has caused life altering injuries in the past as you have identified.  Remember Chris Simon axe swinging his stick?!? 

And McSorely/Brashear.