• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Out Of Town Scoreboard

Phil

Staal went down to injury too.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/nhl/carolina-hurricanes/article260490447.html

ANDERSEN INJURED LATE IN THE THIRD Andersen appeared to tweak his left leg on a sequence midway through the third, and he stumbled backward into the net. As he tried to get up, he did a pushup-like exercise, shook out his left leg, and resumed his goalie stance. But moments later, another shot came in from distance, and the keeper flashed his right pad. His left leg dragged awkwardly behind. He immediately grimaced in pain. After a brief chat with the team’s training staff, he was helped off the ice, putting no weight on his left leg.

STAAL INJURED AFTER BIG HIT With the Canes trying furiously to come back in the third period, Staal, who had two goals in the second to give Carolina a boost, and whose line was a catalyst all night — and has been for the past month or more — skated slowly off the ice and subsequently walked slowly down the hallway behind the Hurricanes bench and to the locker room. The reason: As he went to dump and chase the puck along the left wall near the faceoff circle in the Avs zone, Cale Makar stepped into the Canes captain with his shoulder soiree to Staal’s upper chest. The jolt stopped Staal in his tracks, his head bobbing forward briefly before his whole body crumbled to the ice. He landed on his backside, and his head never hit the ice, but he was nonetheless stunned. He skated on his own power to the defensemen’s door at the Canes’ bench and made his way under his own power back to the team’s locker room.

Edited by jsrangers

5 hours ago, Sod16 said:

We're now tied with the Canes, even in games with the Canes having the tiebreaker.,  Do we really want to move up, given the Jarry injury?

Personally? No.

But truthfully, I like our chances against any of Pittsburgh, Washington and Boston. Of the 3, that’s probably the order of preference for me.

10 hours ago, Sod16 said:

We're now tied with the Canes, even in games with the Canes having the tiebreaker.,  Do we really want to move up, given the Jarry injury?

Agree with this assessment. I'd be very wary of going up against BOS in the 1st round especially with Pasta fresh and returning from injury. PIT's definitely looking like the best bet for the Rangers to get out of the first round so hopefully the stars will align. 

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

They'll probably still beat us 4-1 when we play them.

I'd be okay with that. Use the opportunity rest Fox and some key guys. With Andersen out, CAR's probably going wind up losing a few more games down the stretch.

4 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Wow. Have to imagine he misses, at the very least, the first round.

Ouch, horrible timing for PIT but I have no sympathy for them. They should be ripe for the picking, wish the playoffs were starting today!