• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Out Of Town Scoreboard

Phil

It'll be interesting to see how opposing teams deal with him in the playoffs. Whatever they do, they won't show it, yet.

Personally, I'd lumber him up pretty hard, every time he touched the puck, and put a FT shadow on him. I'd have to make somebody else beat me on that roster. I'd happily take a few minors to try to slow him down and make his life miserable.

This type of thinking is obviously out of style, but Boston has two guys that could do it, in Lazar and Foligno. Tampa doesn't have an obvious candidate. Maybe Perry. That would be fun.

Maybe teams will just accept his goal a game, and try to beat them 5-4. 

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

It'll be interesting to see how opposing teams deal with him in the playoffs. Whatever they do, they won't show it, yet.

Personally, I'd lumber him up pretty hard, every time he touched the puck, and put a FT shadow on him. I'd have to make somebody else beat me on that roster. I'd happily take a few minors to try to slow him down and make his life miserable.

This type of thinking is obviously out of style, but Boston has two guys that could do it, in Lazar and Foligno. Tampa doesn't have an obvious candidate. Maybe Perry. That would be fun.

Maybe teams will just accept his goal a game, and try to beat them 5-4. 

Or just hope the 🥅 takes him out. 

Malkin, in typical fashion, acting like an asshole. Slashes a Nashville players stick in half and then cross checks him in the face as the period ended. Only got a double minor. Easily missed. Guys on TNT saying the same thing; it should have been 5 and a game.

Guys on TNT keep talking about a suspension, and how Malkin is a repeat offender. If Matthews got 2 for what he did, Malkin can be looking at 3-5 games.

Just a stupid, stupid player from a talented, but stupid player. 

Oh, and side note: 18 fucking shots for Pittsburgh through 50 minutes. They look super unimpressive.

Edited by RichieNextel305

37 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Malkin, in typical fashion, acting like an asshole. Slashes a Nashville players stick in half and then cross checks him in the face as the period ended. Only got a double minor. Easily missed. Guys on TNT saying the same thing; it should have been 5 and a game.

Guys on TNT keep talking about a suspension, and how Malkin is a repeat offender. If Matthews got 2 for what he did, Malkin can be looking at 3-5 games.

Just a stupid, stupid player from a talented, but stupid player. 

Oh, and side note: 18 fucking shots for Pittsburgh through 50 minutes. They look super unimpressive.

That is such a bullshit call.  Dammit I hope Pitt plays well enough to stay in third place, as long as we're still in second, so we can mop the floor with them in the first round.