• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Rights to Barclay Goodrow from TBL for a 2022 7th

LindG1000

I still think the team face off percentage is a reflection of the system and not of the centermen. There's really just no way all of your centers can be so bad on faceoffs. Faceoffs are really a team statistic.

If Quinn was preaching for the wings to skate out to their position as fast as they can, they're not going to help centermen win the draw.

I keep saying it, but there are plenty of times where our Center has pulled the puck back, but the other team gains control of it.

Coaches stressed they kept their own face off stats. But so does the NHL. And that and the eye test seem to show they didn’t win enough.

In the end, even if you are pushing the puck to an area, which may not be counted as a win, it should still eventually even out.

But, maybe even the long term Covid effects this for a guy like Zibanejad.

Another area to have high hopes for next season

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. There's a skill to it, but even the best FO winning centers don't win the majority of them clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We heard a lot of people talk this seasons about how winning faceoffs is all about will. Looking at lacrosse, it’s accurate. My parents said the same thing when I played center - when you care, you try. I imagine winning teams have a higher FO%, but is it based on skill or will? When you buy in, does it change that win percentage?

David Pagnotta

@TheFourthPeriod

·

24m

Sounds like the Rangers & Barclay Goodrow are already closing in on a contract. Not sure if it’s done yet, but trending in that direction.

please for all that is, no more than 5 years

Carp seems to think he will cost at least 4.5mil per year according to his last article in the athletic.

I sincerely hope drury isn’t that stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL this guy is a 20-25 point bottom 6 player. He's not touching that kind of $. Carp has lost all connection with the front office. If he somehow happens to be right on this, I'll gladly eat crow while simultaneously being forced to consider Drury as one of the worst GMs in the league already.

Carp seems to think he will cost at least 4.5mil per year according to his last article in the athletic.

Carp also seems to be confusing Goodrow for Coleman.

Could be. All I know is the Rangers seemingly never won a face off and it feels like it's been an issue for a long time.

not sure about you, but it seemed like there were just so many times when they lost them in the dzone so cleanly back to the point it was mind numbing. Not like there was even a scramble.

Lmao so Buch is worth 8.5mil by that logic.

It's definitely possible, but he's also a playoffs hero -- is entirely likely he kind of underwhelms some in the regular season and instantly reminds everyone why they got him in the first round of the playoffs.

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/nhl/rangers/2021/07/18/what-make-barclay-goodrow-and-other-ny-rangers-decisions/8007405002/

It sounds like it's going to take a five- or six-year deal, but the average annual value guesses are all over the place. I can tell you it won't be in the $2 million-to-$3 million range some fans are hoping for. My sense is $4 million per season, give or take, which is a significant contract for a bottom-six player.

5 or 6 years at 4M AAV would be horrific. I don't care how much everyone deems Goodrow necessary.

He's a 2-2.5M player who you maybe pay 3-3.25 to convince to lock in. 4 is absurdity.

2 things: where the off season thread that discusses Buch for Horvat and secondly Goodrow had a 50% face-off win percentage in the regular season, 52.4 % for his career even though his play-off win percentage was 40. We have to get to the play-offs before we can even worry about play-off percentages, besides we are really getting him for his physical play not his face-off percentage( 111 hits regular season, 68 in 18 play-off games).

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/nhl/rangers/2021/07/18/what-make-barclay-goodrow-and-other-ny-rangers-decisions/8007405002/

5 or 6 years at 4M AAV would be horrific. I don't care how much everyone deems Goodrow necessary.

He's a 2-2.5M player who you maybe pay 3-3.25 to convince to lock in. 4 is absurdity.

Agreed. $4 million is sunk cost territory. Wish him the best in free agency and just burn the seventh rounder from your memory.

Is Goodrow protected or not?

Post says he is one of the Exposed

Why would we not protect him?

What the fuck?

Unprotected.

Seattle can take him, and have until July 28 to sign or he becomes UFA