• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Rights to Barclay Goodrow from TBL for a 2022 7th

LindG1000

Absolutely, G! LOL

I'm so tired of hearing about Eichel already...I wish they would trade him to Minny already and get it over with. ;)

You hope. I still think there's about an 80% chance he gets dealt here. I'll almost be shocked if it doesn't happen. We'll see. The neck issues are concerning and he hasn't even had the surgery yet or whatever, so who knows. Perhaps other teams, the Rangers included, have enough knowledge about the situation where it's not too worrisome. It still kind of is to me. Haha.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You hope. I still think there's about an 80% chance he gets dealt here. I'll almost be shocked if it doesn't happen. We'll see. The neck issues are concerning and he hasn't even had the surgery yet or whatever, so who knows. Perhaps other teams, the Rangers included, have enough knowledge about the situation where it's not too worrisome. It still kind of is to me. Haha.

I really don't want him here, Sharpy.

I mean if they get him, I'll root for the guy, but I just don't think he's healthy and if so, for how long? That's a lotta cabbage for a risk like him.

I think the greater point is that Gourde is probably not as easily available as people thought he was. They desperately need him, especially Seattle claims Johnson and takes Palat/Killorn as the bribe.

If we can be direct and honest about Tampa's cap situation - they're 3.5m over the cap for next year, with 11 F, 5D, 1G on the books. Seattle will claim someone who makes at LEAST 4.5. Cal Foote will be the 6th D - that's probably not more than a league minimum deal.

Back at cap, with 2F and 1G to figure out. They need to make one move to clear ~3.25M (the forwards will be Colton, Barre-Boulet. The G will be a league min deal)

They're not near as fucked as people think they are; they're just in line to lose a good deal of depth.

Your response to the idea of getting Gourde in the off season thread is nonsense. You state here how desperately the two time Stanley Cup winners need this player and how unthinkable it would be for them to allow him to be selected by Seattle. Now as it becomes known that he is indeed being selected you change your tune to say they can't trade him because they may also lose Killorn or Cernak. The Rangers could have easily sent the 15 overall for him and that would have been a good haul for Tampa. This essential centerman to two cups would fit perfectly on the Rangers third line.

Can't you just discuss the player instead of just shitting on the idea of trading for him because it comes from me? You have no problem discussing Horvat for Buch (which is ridiculous) or Tarasenko or whatever else. Gourde was obviously available and would fill the needs this team says it needs to address.

Your response to the idea of getting Gourde in the off season thread is nonsense. You state here how desperately the two time Stanley Cup winners need this player and how unthinkable it would be for them to allow him to be selected by Seattle. Now as it becomes known that he is indeed being selected you change your tune to say they can't trade him because they may also lose Killorn or Cernak. The Rangers could have easily sent the 15 overall for him and that would have been a good haul for Tampa. This essential centerman to two cups would fit perfectly on the Rangers third line.

Can't you just discuss the player instead of just shitting on the idea of trading for him because it comes from me? You have no problem discussing Horvat for Buch (which is ridiculous) or Tarasenko or whatever else. Gourde was obviously available and would fill the needs this team says it needs to address.

A more reasonable explanation that respects the rather common shit-shooting offseason discussion about players we should consider acquiring that we've all been having: I'm actually pretty surprised the Lightning didn't manage a deal to protect him and I think the Kraken got a good player, but I don't think he'd have been a good fit for our most immediate needs. For reasons listed above.

Which....is pretty much exactly what my stance has been for this entire discussion. But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night is fine by me.

Re- Eichel.. It's the salary and the neck that scare the shit out of me... The attitude doesn't scare me as the kid just screams scenery change. His draft year I recall all the good kid, good teammate stuff- I'm writing all of this off as spending 6 seasons with a franchise that only knows dysfunction and losing. If his neck wasn't big ?, I'd drive up to Buffalo and help him pack.

Re- Eichel.. It's the salary and the neck that scare the shit out of me... The attitude doesn't scare me as the kid just screams scenery change. His draft year I recall all the good kid, good teammate stuff- I'm writing all of this off as spending 6 seasons with a franchise that only knows dysfunction and losing. If his neck wasn't big ?, I'd drive up to Buffalo and help him pack.

That's where I'm at too, Flynn. The risk is just too big I think, to give up all those assets and "hope" he's going to be okay. Even if the neck isn't an issue this season, what happens as he gets older? The wear and tear could very well affect it even more as he gets older.

I don't even think we'd be a better team with him. I like what we have in place right now. Maybe a slight tweak here and there, let these guys mature a little more, and I feel we're gonna have something special here. I think we're in fabulous shape on defense for the future, and have some big time scoring potential.

I hope Eichel goes on to play and have a great career, just not here.

Key word there is HEALTHY, Cappy...and I don't think he is.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'm not sure it matters if he's immediately healthy so long as he's long-term healthy.

If Jack Eichel misses our first 10-20 games, but comes back and is Jack Eichel....that's fine. If he's not....that's a different story.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'm not sure it matters if he's immediately healthy so long as he's long-term healthy.

If Jack Eichel misses our first 10-20 games, but comes back and is Jack Eichel....that's fine. If he's not....that's a different story.

Yup, I can dig that G! But I think this injury is worse than they're saying. There's been too much bullshit about medical records and not showing them...something's up, and I don't think it's a good thing.

Key word there is HEALTHY, Cappy...and I don't think he is.

I have nothing to back this up, but I think he IS healthy and this is all a stunt to get him out of Buffalo once and for all. I mean he's been skating for a month+ now on his own. He can't be that hurt.

If I'm a Buffalo fan I'm concerned that my team is going to screw this whole Eichel situation up badly (if they kind of haven't already), and perhaps, don't get exactly what you're looking for in return.

Rangers have been interested for over a year, before he was hurt. I'm sure their offer in January was much bigger than it is now. I'm sure it's dwindling by the day, TBH. Pretty soon the 16th overall pick is not in play. And pretty soon after that Eichel has full control of where he goes.

If I'm a Buffalo fan I'm concerned that my team is going to screw this whole Eichel situation up badly (if they kind of haven't already), and perhaps, don't get exactly what you're looking for in return.

I have to imagine that the Sabreshirts Brotherhood forum is basically one guy screaming into the ether about how painfully mismanaged they are.

I have to imagine that the Sabreshirts Brotherhood forum is basically one guy screaming into the ether about how painfully mismanaged they are.

LOL! For sure. Buffalo has some nice pieces, but dealing Eichel should be a franchise building kind of trade where you can really move forward and show some signs of actually becoming a contender. If/when they trade him and the return isn't that great, it's a hard sell for your fans when you tell them you're rebuilding (again) after already being irrelevant for a decade now.

LOL! For sure. Buffalo has some nice pieces, but dealing Eichel should be a franchise building kind of trade where you can really move forward and show some signs of actually becoming a contender. If/when they trade him and the return isn't that great, it's a hard sell for your fans when you tell them you're rebuilding (again) after already being irrelevant for a decade now.

That's the thing with Buffalo though. You look at the roster and go "oh, they can't be this bad". Then they hand you the beer and your jaw drops.

You look at some of the rosters they had and you just go....how? Like Ristolainen was a -41 with 43 points in one season. HOW? They had 7 guys over 30 points and didn't make the playoffs. They had a strong young defense that somehow managed to collectively bust. How?

It's like there's magic air in Buffalo that makes failure inevitable.

That's the thing with Buffalo though. You look at the roster and go "oh, they can't be this bad". Then they hand you the beer and your jaw drops.

You look at some of the rosters they had and you just go....how? Like Ristolainen was a -41 with 43 points in one season. HOW? They had 7 guys over 30 points and didn't make the playoffs. They had a strong young defense that somehow managed to collectively bust. How?

It's like there's magic air in Buffalo that makes failure inevitable.

Indeed. Another reason is they've failed miserably in the goaltending department since the Ryan Miller days in his prime. Their goaltending history since is brutal. Hopefully for their sake Luukkonen remedies that, if they don't screw it up with him either.

If I'm a Buffalo fan... I'm probably already 10 beers deep and its still an hour before noon.. They will be fine, the stockpile of Labatt's is damn near limitless.