• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Rights to Barclay Goodrow from TBL for a 2022 7th

LindG1000

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct because he's a UFA.
Well, a little confusing because the Mercogliano article said nothing about protecting anyone. He said they don't intend to sign DeSimone but they very much DO intend to sign Goodrow pre-free agency. So that's what I took the reference to be.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

David Pagnotta

@TheFourthPeriod

·

24m

Sounds like the Rangers & Barclay Goodrow are already closing in on a contract. Not sure if it’s done yet, but trending in that direction.

Can they even extend him now? Is it even remotely smart to do so if he's not on the protected list?

I think it's just a trade freeze, based on what I've seen.

I thought not protecting him would be dumb to begin with.

It's been described as a roster freeze. That obviously includes trades, but might also include signings. Have to imagine that's the case given how protection lists work

Can they even extend him now? Is it even remotely smart to do so if he's not on the protected list?

It was a freeze on trades, waivers, and signings according to the link from Sporting News I shared in the other thread today.

Goodrow took 172 faceoffs this year and posed a 50% win rate. So it seems he's more than capable of playing center or wing. I guess Drury sees him as a wing re: Horvat deal. Horvat's FO% was 52.7

Both would be upgrades over literally everyone else on the current roster.

Goodrow took 172 faceoffs this year and posed a 50% win rate. So it seems he's more than capable of playing center or wing. I guess Drury sees him as a wing re: Horvat deal. Horvat's FO% was 52.7

Both would be upgrades over literally everyone else on the current roster.

I still think the team face off percentage is a reflection of the system and not of the centermen. There's really just no way all of your centers can be so bad on faceoffs. Faceoffs are really a team statistic.

If Quinn was preaching for the wings to skate out to their position as fast as they can, they're not going to help centermen win the draw.

I keep saying it, but there are plenty of times where our Center has pulled the puck back, but the other team gains control of it.

I still think the team face off percentage is a reflection of the system and not of the centermen. There's really just no way all of your centers can be so bad on faceoffs. Faceoffs are really a team statistic.

If Quinn was preaching for the wings to skate out to their position as fast as they can, they're not going to help centermen win the draw.

I keep saying it, but there are plenty of times where our Center has pulled the puck back, but the other team gains control of it.

Could be. All I know is the Rangers seemingly never won a face off and it feels like it's been an issue for a long time.